Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

43 minutes ago, Swello said:

Deflated man is deflated. I haven't checked what the line to take is - but I think today was as simple as it gets - Celtic played well and that was all there was to it - genuine congratulations to them.

The only thing we've done wrong in the cups this season is to get Celtic in both finals. As a 'Well fan with a good few seasons on the clock, I've fucking loved this season and the fact that we fell well short today isn't changing that - bring on as season 34......

Pretty much my take. We didn't really turn up, Celtic were good. For us to be in with a shout we really needed to score first or get to HT 0-0. Conceding as early as we did meant we'd fucked it. Feels a bit weird to not really be that bothered yet here I am...disappointed certainly but largely over it.

My fear after being 2-0 down in 25mins was that it'd end up 5 or 6 (especially as Celtic put 4 going on 8 past Rangers in the semi-final) which being honest would have been a harsh way to finish what has been a smashing transitional season.

As it was we made a decent enough fist of the 2nd half, even if Celtic could probably have gone up another gear. Had Bigirimana's free kick crept in it'd have made things a bit better in terms of optics but there's no real shame in losing in two finals to the league champions. 

Congratulations to Celtic. They're a very decent side.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, The OP said:

If Motherwell wanna improve they need to pay their players more imo.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Or they could buy better players who demand higher wages.

Just a thought.

18 minutes ago, steve55 said:

And how do they do that when the town of Motherwell of full of Celtic and Rangers fans?

Folk taking that post seriously is awesome :lol:

Why so?

A dreadful result for the game generally. No country where one club are so dominant helps the league,the national team or any other fan base develop. But then everyone knows that and will keep the shite product getting worse year after year. This bilge was being churned out thirty years ago,pick up any Scottish football annual from the seventies and you read the same. Living away from Scotland and anyone you talk to laughs at the state of it all. No competition and no future.
Good luck when European football starts or rather ends in more abject failure,probably by end of August.
And if you knew who sammy Reid was,you will know he was the guy who plugged the mighty Rangers,suckers

12 minutes ago, The OP said:

Get the feeling Motherwell genuinely don’t realise their team are cloggers.

Get the feeling Celtic fans don’t realise the gulf in wages is x2 v the likes of Paris St Germain. Result 12-1 on aggregate. Scotland’s Shame. 

They have won 2 trebles on account of the fact they spunk more money than the rest of the teams put together.  

Won fair and square today but their fans could do with some humility - just not in their nature. Bragging fuckwits 

15 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I thought it was the strategy, not the individuals. Get fouled, make sure you go down and hold something. The post League Cup Semi Final nonsense about Motherwell will do the rest.

Aye, and it was always going to help that Celtic have a team full of diving c***s anyway.

Still got no idea why Allan Campbell was booked for a "foul" on Rogic which was actually a great tackle. But that's what happens when you play the Old Firm and particularly Celtic, we should've learned from Sinclair and McGregor diving earlier in the season I suppose.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Motherwell are utter w*nk, and managed to win the semi final by beating an Aberdeen side that had 5 team players missing and by scoring 2 first half goals that were never actually f*cking goals if judged properly by the laws of the game.

They're a shite team that had not a chance of winning today.

By all reasonable standards, they should have stood aside to allow Aberdeen aside against the Tattie XI. Poor form from them.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Motherwell are utter w*nk, and managed to win the semi final by beating an Aberdeen side that had 5 team players missing and by scoring 2 first half goals that were never actually f*cking goals if judged properly by the laws of the game.

They're a shite team that had not a chance of winning today.

By all reasonable standards, they should have stood aside to allow Aberdeen aside against the Tattie XI. Poor form from them.

Oft. Still smarting I see.

giphy.gif

I can't really fault us today, we just weren't good enough and were beaten by a better side. I don't think there was much more we could have done, as I think we gave our best but that unfortunately just wasn't nearly enough against a good Celtic side.

We are a good, combative side but today we were chasing shadows in the first half and by the time we came more into things in the second half the game was already long gone and Celtic had taken their foot off the gas. That said, for all we saw a lot more of the ball we didn't really look like troubling Celtic apart from Bigi's free kick which hit the bar. On Bigirimana, he was far more effective in the middle for us than McHugh, our captain, who had an utter shocker and looked miles out of his depth.

We've had a good season and have a team to be proud of. Today was a step too far though and hopefully one day we can reach a final and a) not be playing Celtic and b) make that quantum leap and win it.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is “yer da” patter the best you have these days? 

You carry on enjoying your online partying, m8.

It’s the only possible response to such a total yer da. These kids with their new fangled internet phones must really stymie you.

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Get the feeling Celtic fans don’t realise the gulf in wages is x2 v the likes of Paris St Germain. Result 12-1 on aggregate. Scotland’s Shame. 

They have won 2 trebles on account of the fact they spunk more money than the rest of the teams put together.  

Won fair and square today but their fans could do with some humility - just not in their nature. Bragging fuckwits 

Odd rant in response to pointing out Motherwell clogged the f**k out of Tierney rather than Tierney doing anything wrong.

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Oft. Still smarting I see.

giphy.gif

No, just factual. Motherwell are the same utter w*nk that got thrashed off St Johnstone. 

It's embarrassing for Aberdeen, and for Scottish football as a whole, hat they somehow managed to reach the final.

The only plus side is that you won't be humiliating us in Europe again.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, MJC said:

We've had a good season and have a team to be proud of. Today was a step too far though and hopefully one day we can reach a final and a) not be playing Celtic and b) make that quantum leap and win it.

Truly the lowest expectations in football. Ever.

Archived