Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm mostly worried that if we do win, it will ruin Broony's testimonial the next day - that would be a massive shame.

Imagine he got injured during an off the ball incident with Kipre and had to miss it altogether. That would be just awful for him.

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'd take that cos the c**t has been that harsh on us I think he'd over compensate.

That's not how it works. Thompson compensates for acting too favourably towards Celtic by being too biased towards Rangers when he officiates their games, and vice versa. He is the Perfectly Unbiased Scottish Footballing Referee.

5 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

With the possibility of Rangers finishing fourth in the league I’m sure their fans will get behind Celtic in the double treble final in the bid to secure European football next season. It will make it all the sweeter when we bring the cup back home to Fir Park.  ;):thumsup2

I'm still slightly confused about the European berth? Do the runners up in the cup final still get the European slot or have they changed it to fourth in the league if the runners up didn't finish in the top 3?

52 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

I'm still slightly confused about the European berth? Do the runners up in the cup final still get the European slot or have they changed it to fourth in the league if the runners up didn't finish in the top 3?

I don't think Celtic have to worry about that...

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think Celtic have to worry about that...

:lol:

Maybe I should have worded it better. I was pointing towards Motherwell's hopes for a European run next season.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

The runner up doesn't get a Europe qualifier place anymore. If the cup winner has already earned a European slot, then the league fourth place gets it.

Which means that Celtic gets a whole extra teamsworth of temporary fans cheering them on for the day. Hopefully it's The Rangers in fourth place come final day.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

The runner up doesn't get a Europe qualifier place anymore. If the cup winner has already earned a European slot, then the league fourth place gets it.

Which means that Celtic gets a whole extra teamsworth of temporary fans cheering them on for the day. Hopefully it's The Rangers in fourth place come final day.

Cheers, I had thought as much but a friend was hinting the runner up still got a European slot.

Prayers and candles for MJC if it should come down to either Motherwell or Sevco getting the last European place at the Cup final result. :lol:

2 hours ago, wingnut said:

Not surprised at the anti Celtic comments and I hope Brendan Rodgers pins these up,lol,seriously though think it’ll be a close game and the treble is achieved.

Aye I'm sure Brendan Rodgers will be screenshotting comments from a football forum to pin up on the walls of the Hampden dressing room

On 16/04/2018 at 22:53, MJC said:

I don't think we are suited to chasing a game and if we are to win the Cup we will need to score first, that is essential imo. Against a side with Celtic's undoubted quality, our best bet will be to play a robust and harrying style, similar to Saturday where I thought the midfield five superbly protected the backline. As I've said throughout the season, Kipre at the back has a major error in him especially against sides who can play fast football on the deck like Aberdeen are capable of but we greatly restricted them doing on Saturday, and Celtic definitely are with a much higher quality of player. 

If we keep them out for the first hour and get ourselves infront anytime from 75 minutes on then I'm confident we can win it. 

Yeah I think this is by far our best chance of winning it. We've kept Celtic pretty quiet in both the FP games and half of the LC final until Thomson killed our chances.  Like you, if we're somehow in front with 15/20 minutes left I genuinely think we'll pull through.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

The games folk have actually taken anything off Celtic this season, ourselves included, is by getting right in their faces from the off. Trying to hold out and build into the game is fucking suicidal as we saw on Sunday. 

Yeah I realise now I've basically typed the exact opposite of what I meant tbh.

Archived