Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be very tough especially if Celtic play anywhere near the level they are capable of but if you want to be successful then you need to beat the best teams. As long as we have everyone fit and get right in about them then the game will take care of itself. I am absolutely confident that we have what it takes to at the very least give Celtic a much better game than Rangers did today.

We have had two Cup Finals against Celtic so far in this decade, both games were comfortable Celtic wins and we never laid a glove on them. That cannot be allowed to happen for a third time next month.

I'll settle for a late 1-0 win with a Main penalty after we've frustrated the f**k out of them.

I wonder what our ticket allocation will be for this one.

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Will Craig Thomson be involved in anyway possible? i believe that would give you a good indicator of how the match will go.

That was my initial reaction when I clocked he wasn't involved in either semi.  However, I was then told you don't get given both Finals in the same season. 

Hopefully that continues. 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Will Craig Thomson be involved in anyway possible? i believe that would give you a good indicator of how the match will go.

Nay, Nay and thrice Nay - that twat has already been proven to be not only totally biased to both finalists in totally opposite ways - but he's inept as well. Guess Lawell will have him pencilled in then.

8 minutes ago, Desp said:

Very much looking forward to the meltdown by Celtic fans, who don't actually go to games, when we demand an 18,000 allocation. 

It's always amusing to inconvenience them but to be honest how many day trippers who wouldn't otherwise be seen dead near a football match will be wanting tickets for our end on the day? 

Whatever happens I hope Celtic aren't sold the top tier of the South Stand above our support like they were in the League Cup final.

And know what else? I'd like it if we demanded the East Stand again, our 'lucky' end this season. It won't happen of course because that's the 'Celtic end' but that's a nonsense especially as the majority of our support are coming along the M74 from the East towards Hampden, but that goes out the window when Celtic/Rangers are involved.

Just now, Desp said:

That was my initial reaction when I clocked he wasn't involved in either semi.  However, I was then told you don't get given both Finals in the same season. 

Hopefully that continues. 

but this is the last season he will be a referee, and the SFA may say F**k it and give him the game as a parting gift... That is what i fear.

I'll have to assess who I'm supporting once the league's finished and Hibs' position is confirmed.

If it's 3rd or higher (or god forbid 5th), mon the Well.

If it's 4th, I will reluctantly have to hope for a double treble. Ugh.

Archived