Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Swello said:

As always, I'm genuinely fascinated that anyone finds a wedding of a minor royal figure interesting - it always seems weird to me that anyone would want to watch a stranger's wedding...

For all I am opposed to the idea of monarchy and think the type of people who are interested in their babies and weddings to be the ultimate ones for the watching, if we were to deconstruct watching a football match (and yelling and singing whilst doing so) it would probably seem equally as weird and pointless.

seeing the flags and the bunting, along with the shops and houses kitted out in Motherwell colors shows you what winning this would mean to this town.  It doesn't mean much to Celtic but to Motherwell in means everything. 

24 minutes ago, the_team_for_me said:

seeing the flags and the bunting, along with the shops and houses kitted out in Motherwell colors shows you what winning this would mean to this town.  It doesn't mean much to Celtic but to Motherwell in means everything. 

Mes que un family club

I've heard that there's been some complaints from local glory hunters about all the 'Well banners, etc round the town - and it's that combination of mean-spiritedness and a staggering lack of self awareness that makes OF supporters so universally loved I guess....

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've heard that there's been some complaints from local glory hunters about all the 'Well banners, etc round the town - and it's that combination of mean-spiritedness and a staggering lack of self awareness that makes OF supporters so universally loved I guess....

Boots boycott incoming.

What a weekend I had when we last won the cup. The Sunday was feckin awesome. This mob already think they've won this so it'd be great to piss all over their parade and give our town another weekend to remember.

Well, we've already had the Tom Boyd exclusive of "I don't care about Motherwell, I'm a payoor Celtic man" so we're now just waiting for Colin O'Neil, the alcoholic bigot,  to tell us how he should get a coaching job at Fir Park because he scored an important goal once.   

I'll go for the Herald taking that one on. 

I love playing "guess the old firm has-been" - the contacts books of Scottish hacks must be genuinely impressive given some of the bizarre quotes you see. For the build up this week, I'm going to guess; Gary Hooper, Carl Muggleton and Pierce O'Leary with Tony Shepherd being referred to as "ex Celtic and 'Well legend" in a long-read interview.

Also, this week's word will be "physicality" and this week's picture will be Ryan Bowman halfing Kieran Tierney.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

this week's picture will be Ryan Bowman halfing Kieran Tierney.

Too late, already out there from The Record. Waiting  paitiently on Wullie McVie halfin Johnnie Doyle appearing.

Tom Boyd, Andy Walker, Scott McDonald (I've not forgotten all the badge kissing) = yes

Phil O'Donnell & Paul Lambert were fine as far as I'm concerned - and Pearson redeemed himself pretty much...

So it's very much down to the w**k in question..

So the total above means if your a w**k your a w**k no matter what club you played for.

Cool cool.

Nothing to see here or be offended about Magee.

Edit to add - Oh and Al B, you forgot to add to whoever he likes. My wife included if he wishes. Tommy is a legend.

Archived