Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing we've just about shifted our allocation of 15,000. 

We've asked for the remainder of the West Stand tickets to be taken off Celtic and handed over to Fir Park.  Should be a further 4,000 for Motherwell.

Correct decision, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Hearing we've just about shifted our allocation of 15,000. 

We've asked for the remainder of the West Stand tickets to be taken off Celtic and handed over to Fir Park.  Should be a further 4,000 for Motherwell.

Correct decision, IMO. 

You sure it's not nearly shifted our initial allocation of 12,700 and are looking for sections B4 and B5 to take us to 15,000? Going by Celtic's website they seem to be selling West Stand tickets.

A win win for MJC here me thinks. No matter the outcome the sad c**t still has a team to cheer on in Europe next season. craphead.gif

Crap first half for both teams sizing each other up by keeping the ball in their defensive areas and passing it to the keeper umpteen times in possession. Maybe a goal near the half-time whistle for either team to take the lead into the second half.

No point Celtic hard pressing all the time as Motherwell will probably score on the counter and at speed. A few bookings and a chance of a dodgy penalty at some stage to spice things up.

I think the second half will contain all the best footy unless a player or two has a very bad day at the office from the whistle and it might go one sided.

You sure it's not nearly shifted our initial allocation of 12,700 and are looking for sections B4 and B5 to take us to 15,000? Going by Celtic's website they seem to be selling West Stand tickets.

That’s correct, when I bought my dads ticket the options available included B7 of the west stand. When Celtic release tickets for Hampden they generally only give you the option of a section or two in each stand they have been allocated with the rest shaded out. I guess it makes sense to sell it out section by section but I’d rather have free reign to pick from wherever I want.

Countdown to the showpiece of the season.  Was worried the wee holiday might have blunted some of the players but yesterday showed were still in fine shape.  Our biggest battle is for a starting place.

Noticed a few Motherwell fans unhappy with that appointment, and giving it the usual moaning on Twitter and the likes.  Though, I get the feeling they are the folk who would moan regardless of who the ref was.

I would say he's one of the better ones, I can't think of any howlers he's had in recent times.  At least it's not Thompson, Madden or Dallas.

I see the Tory boy is on the line as well.  I wonder who'll get sent off for Celtic this time...

I don't typically care about ref appointments - but in this case, giving it to Thomson would have been a farce given what's gone on this year - and the SFA steered clear (although with a final already this season, he was probably out of the running in any case).  Clancy refereed our semi against Aberdeen and let a lot of physical stuff go and let the game flow pretty well - so I don't think we have any grounds for complaint.

And given that Motherwell are a protected establishment club, the wee tory arsehole on the line will doubtlessly side with us :)

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Looks like Motherwell haven't taken up the option of the additional West Stand tickets as, Celtic have been given extra sections by the SFA.

Disappointing in a way, as you'd want the Motherwell end to be as big as possible.  But at the same time, do we really want it padded out with daytrippers and folks Maw's, Auntie's and Uncle's who've barely been to a game in their life?

We're already taking 3x what our average home support is.  I'm sure we'll still make plenty of noise.

Good to see Celtic focusing on the fans who actually bothered their arse to turn up to the Brechin and Morton cup games.  

Good to see Celtic focusing on the fans who actually bothered their arse to turn up to the Brechin and Morton cup games.  

While their twitter supporters club focus on how many Motherwell fans turned up at Firhill.
Them and the other arse cheek could suck the fun out of any occasion.

Looking at next week's TV schedules, it would appear that the wedding of Mr Windsor to Ms Markle means there's only an hour of build-up on BBC1.

Time was that the coverage used to begin at 12.10, when Lunchtime Sportscene would normally be on. 

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

Looking at next week's TV schedules, it would appear that the wedding of Mr Windsor to Ms Markle means there's only an hour of build-up on BBC1.

Time was that the coverage used to begin at 12.10, when Lunchtime Sportscene would normally be on. 

As always, I'm genuinely fascinated that anyone finds a wedding of a minor royal figure interesting - it always seems weird to me that anyone would want to watch a stranger's wedding...

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

As always, I'm genuinely fascinated that anyone finds a wedding of a minor royal figure interesting - it always seems weird to me that anyone would want to watch a stranger's wedding...

The **** will be glued to the coverage with their XXXXL Rangers tops on and union jack/butchers apron bunting out in the garden, then rewatch it once the cup final coverage starts.

53 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

The **** will be glued to the coverage with their XXXXL Rangers tops on and union jack/butchers apron bunting out in the garden, then rewatch it once the cup final coverage starts.

Had they somehow made the final, Sevco would have been lobbied for a later or Sunday kick-off. 

Archived