Brechin City v Dundee United

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

giphy.gif

^^^ Darren Dods found.

Losing five goals in one half to any team in this country is completely unacceptable. This is our joint biggest defeat of the season, the other 5-0 being against a full strength Celtic side at Parkhead where we were behind in the first minute yet still managed to hold on better than tonight's debacle.

You did well to only concede four at the weekend if it makes you feel better?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I was shitting myself at the potential for this to be a banana skin.

Looked on Twitter and clocked the half time score.

Sighed and was checking for the inevitable update Brechin had scored, refreshed and it was 5-0

Well that was unexpected. 

We hit the post in the 1st minute of the second half tae.  That would have changed the game. 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

By.  We’re getting beat by Dundee in the play-off final.

I'm not generally against getting beaten off but not by Dundee. With their scabby little hands and horrible moustaches. Eww. The guys are even worse.

A lot of folk on this page not actually at the game . I m sure the most biased Utd fan will admit we were not that bad tonight ,we re better team first half then hit post start of 2nd they race up park and score following horrendous defending. ..This results in us going back to long ball shit and then it's game over the onslaught commenced. Some good goals in there as well .Hey ho Bring on the Livvy

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

If Brechin lose this they don't deserve to play football in Scotland ever again.

Quite a bold statement from a supporter of a club with a rapist and a racist playing for them.

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Losing five goals in one half to any team in this country is completely unacceptable. This is our joint biggest defeat of the season, the other 5-0 being against a full strength Celtic side at Parkhead where we were behind in the first minute yet still managed to hold on better than tonight's debacle.

That was away from home too. Are you saying we can challenge for the Premiership title next season?

We were ok in the first half. Hard to argue that we dominated. I heard a few united fans distinctly underwhelmed at half time tho and had Mackin's shot gone in, maybe they start to get on their players' backs. Don't think it was fitness that told in the end as much as lack of confidence/belief from City now. First goal went in and after that most of our guys didn't believe they were getting anything. As did we! 

Finn Graham an honourable exception again - he's only about 4'2 but he was winning headers against 2 x utd guys at a time. Thought Mackin looked useful as well. Tapping had some good touches but needs to get rid of the ball faster sometimes. Isaac blows hot and cold as we all know, and tonight he was pretty Baltic, unfortunately. 

Long faces all round in the cemetery end and talk of not renewing season tickets. 

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

giphy.gif

^^^ Darren Dods found.

Nah. Hats off to United  . They really turned it on in that 2nd half .  That was the best performance I have seen from any team this season , they were clinical.   2nd half obviously. 

We weren't actually that bad, we just couldn't get the ball in that 2nd half. 

It was actually quite a good game to watch.  Some cracking goals. 

Not sure how we managed to end up losing that 5-0. I, along with the majority of City fans in recent weeks and months have been heavily critical but tonight we at least set up with attacking intent (4 at the back and 2 strikers) and we actually caused United problems in the first half, in fact we were probably the better team. Gillespie should have been sent off first half for a shocking two footed challenge but referee only gives a yellow. We've had numerous sending offs recently for far less then that.

Then second half Mackin hits the post. Desperately unlucky. United went up a few gears after that but some of our defending was atrocious. Buzz however made some top saves, so credit to him. Mohsni should have also seen red for kicking out at Isaac, but referee wasn't looking.

Not sure how we only managed to win that 5-0. 1st half Brechin kicked lumps out of us and created a few chances. 2nd half after Brechin hit the post we strolled it. Brechin gk had 4 brilliant saves the number 7 was lucky to stay on the park for challenge on Ralston.

Just now, Dens83 said:

Not sure how we only managed to win that 5-0. 1st half Brechin kicked lumps out of us and created a few chances. 2nd half after Brechin hit the post we strolled it. Brechin gk had 4 brilliant saves the number 7 was lucky to stay on the park for challenge on Ralston.

Well well .  The only challenge worth talking about was Gillespie's and he was lucky not to walk.  You must have been at the piss house when that happened. 

Every time a Brechin player went near anyone in that 1st half they went down screaming like they had been bombed by Theresa May ! 

Though we played some good stuff in the first half and really should have been ahead.The United lad Gillespie should have been sent off for a dirty tackle in the 1st half.2nd half after we hit the post we fell to pieces and went back to being same old Brechin again.Fair play to United they turned it up a notch in the 2nd.But as soon as they scored I knew that was it. our lack of fitness compared to a full time team and the heads going down after the first goal really showed tonight.

Gillespie's challenge was a shocker and was lucky not to see red. City were very much on top at this point and who knows what might have happened if he was sent off, or if Mackin's shot went in off the post. United really turned on the style second half and the gulf in quality showed with a few really well taken goals. Saw Mohsni's intended kick out at Isaac also, game was well over by this stage though.

Just now, dundeeunited83 said:

Gillespie could not have won more of the ball if he tried imo, I did think mohsni done something I saw something happen! Anyway WE ARE SO GOOD

Went in with studs showing as Dods pointed out to the ref who was having none of it.    As was said , we have had players sent off for far less.  When you are at the bottom you get nothing. 

Archived