Brechin City v Dundee United

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Terrors to mark up another comfortable but uninspiring 1-0 victory here, in order to pretty much ensure our suffering is set to continue that bit longer this season.....

It’s been a long, horrible and - at times - excruciating season for them and I really feel for their fans but I think Dundee United can take at least a point from this.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

The Terrors to mark up another comfortable but uninspiring 1-0 victory here, in order to pretty much ensure our suffering is set to continue that bit longer this season.....

As I said to my elder son after the match yesterday if we can scrape a 1-0 win in every game we play for the rest of the season we will get promoted.

Based on yesterday’s performance I would bring in Durnan if fit and put Murdoch to LB, and play Stanton in the no 10 role and drop McDonald who was ineffective.  I prefer Stanton further back but I thought Gillespie did well (as did Flood) and Stanton is capable further forward.

The players are showing a bit of dig now and hopefully that will continue in to this game.

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We'll lose. I know it. You know it. 

A few weeks back I was certain this was going to be Brechin's first victory; not now though.

Kind of glad as I can't really afford to be off work with broken ribs anyhow. 

It’s a big game for us.

Let that sentence sink in for a minute. How times have changed.

A convincing win from essentially the same starting 11 from Saturday and we can maybe start to hope about progress in the play offs.

Unfortunately the game feels like we’re walking towards a banana skin in a ball bearing factory.

37 minutes ago, Valley Par said:

think this could be a toughie for UTD - Brechin aren,t as bad as you think ?  

We WERE NT as bad as folk thought but are now . After relegation was assured DD said we were to be more attacking we have nt scored since that statement 

Arguably the most depressing thing about this season (well, certainly the past 6 months anyway) is seeing a match thread like this with a "we're going to lose here" OP every single week, only for that poster's team to stroll the match because of our consistently shite defensive tactics every ****ing week.

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Arguably the most depressing thing about this season (well, certainly the past 6 months anyway) is seeing a match thread like this with a "we're going to lose here" OP every single week, only for that poster's team to stroll the match because of our consistently shite defensive tactics every ****ing week.

Defensive tactics from a team who can't defend 

50 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Yes, but we are Dundee United. We are different to most teams.

Archived