Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably find theres a reasonable number waiting on the Raith result on Saturday too.  Going up there to possibly win the league will sway quite a lot of folk who wouldn't usually go, as opposed to going up there to possibly end up a point adrift with a game to go.  

Probably find theres a reasonable number waiting on the Raith result on Saturday too.  Going up there to possibly win the league will sway quite a lot of folk who wouldn't usually go, as opposed to going up there to possibly end up a point adrift with a game to go.  
This would be quite dickish behaviour.

If you can't make it for whatever reason...fine. But the team needs support right now, especially if raith win on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

Any indications of travelling support no’s. for Sunday. A helping of the seaside pound is always useful...plus it creates an atmosphere.

If we’re going up there where a win/draw would win us the league then I reckon we’d half about 1500. It’s all depending on the Raith result on Saturday. 

50 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This would be quite dickish behaviour.

If you can't make it for whatever reason...fine. But the team needs support right now, especially if raith win on Saturday.

You know what it's like though - it's the same logic that sees bigger crowds for cup games against big teams etc.  Look at the playoff semi v Stranraer for a perfect example. No way the crowd would have been that size had we lost 3-0 or something in first leg.  

I know of 2 or 3 folk who go to 3 or 4 games a season who arent booked on a bus yet, but if Sunday morning arrives and it's a possible title party i'd be astonished if they didn't end up going. That's got to be quite common

I think in this instance it's pretty poor form. It's the equivalent of glory hunting ayr!

I'm one of the fans who usually makes 7 or 8 games a season - but this season I've made a lot more.

The atmosphere has been brilliant at away games and there's a great feeling around the team at the moment.

Sunday is absolutely

You know what it's like though - it's the same logic that sees bigger crowds for cup games against big teams etc.  Look at the playoff semi v Stranraer for a perfect example. No way the crowd would have been that size had we lost 3-0 or something in first leg.  
I know of 2 or 3 folk who go to 3 or 4 games a season who arent booked on a bus yet, but if Sunday morning arrives and it's a possible title party i'd be astonished if they didn't end up going. That's got to be quite common
I think in this instance it's pretty poor form. It's the equivalent of glory hunting ayr!

I'm one of the fans who usually makes 7 or 8 games a season - but this season I've made a lot more.

The atmosphere has been brilliant at away games and there's a great feeling around the team at the moment.

Sunday is absolutely massive whatever happens to raith.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Sunday is absolutely

Sunday is absolutely massive whatever happens to raith.

I'm not particularly disagreeing with you, i'm going whatever happens, as are you clearly, and probably the majority of folk who post regularly on here are the same.  

Glory hunting is spot on though - at any level, fans will follow success. The million dollar question is how to get the ones in question to become regulars, and attract new folk along who currently never go.  Seeing this title through and then following it up with a good season next year would be a start...

It’s up to Raith to go down to Stranraer and send a statement of intent out by getting the 3 points. 
I’m fairly confident that whoever is top come 6pm on Sunday will go on and win the league as I’d expect us to beat Albion Rovers at home and Raith to beat Alloa. The goal difference could yet prove to be an absoulote god send. 
Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're an Ayr supporter) we're not very good at statements of intent.

A couple of things Alloa:

1) Procure more pies as we're coming on mass and we've had enough pie gates this season. If you run out before half-time things could get messy.

2) That canvas stand thing you have will never house the black & white hordes so better give us behind both goals as well.

Many thanks.

Mindgames
Not at all. We've only won 2 away games this season against teams other than East Fife and Queens Park. It's that bad.
To suddenly reverse that form when the chips are down on Saturday would easily be our most impressive result this season.
Anyway, back on topic, c'mon the Wasps!

25 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Where are we likely to be housed on Sunday anyway?

I'd imagine we will get the usual bit plus behind the goals, can't remember ever getting there except when we played Airdrie there. 

Image_17_jpg.jpg.3f1921296e73eb7d192bedcef336a176.jpg

Youll get gazebo stand and behind railway end, segregated. More than enough space regardless of whether its a potential title clincher or not.

Would suggest arriving early as we are not renowned for our vast amount of turnstiles. If queues are piling up and you're not wearing colours, can always scam it, pay in home end and fire round. 

Shankland's Fast Track Tribunal Hearing is on Thursday. I take it the referee has no input into this. He's done enough damage to us already this season.  Lost us two points in the 3-3 draw with Alloa with his phantom handball against Adams.  At least had the grace to apologise for that.  And if this red card is overturned, his mistake will have cost us another 3 points as we would almost  certainly have won with 11 on the pitch. 

If you'd been asked to write a nightmare scenario for last Saturday you would probably have conjured up something like what actually happened.  Lose 1 of your only 2 fit full  backs to injury, ,get your best player sent off and suspended for the last two games, and just for good measure concede a penalty with 5 minutes to go.  A perfect storm which could well have blown our season away. 

Good news for Raith fans is that Stranraer were pretty crap on Saturday, even playing against 10.  They were all over us for the first few minutes but after scoring did very little thereafter. I would expect Raith to beat them despite their less than inspiring away record.  Stranraer have nothing to play for anyway in terms of league position. Just hope the young players will be trying to impress Farrell with a view to next season.

Means it's absolutely vital we secure at least a point on Sunday.  Lets also hope Albion Rovers win on Saturday and QP lose,  so Albion are more or less guaranteed 9th spot.  They'd then presumably not be busting a gut against us the following week with the playoffs coming up. So many ifs and buts. Not good for the brain.  I'm probably overthinking this. Got a feeling Raith are going to snatch it at the death like they did a few seasons ago. Galling when you think we've been the better team in 3 of the 4 head to heads. 

2 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Shankland's Fast Track Tribunal Hearing is on Thursday. I take it the referee has no input into this. He's done enough damage to us already this season.  Lost us two points in the 3-3 draw with Alloa with his phantom handball against Adams.  At least had the grace to apologise for that.  And if this red card is overturned, his mistake will have cost us another 3 points as we would almost  certainly have won with 11 on the pitch. 

If you'd been asked to write a nightmare scenario for last Saturday you would probably have conjured up something like what actually happened.  Lose 1 of your only 2 fit full  backs to injury, ,get your best player sent off and suspended for the last two games, and just for good measure concede a penalty with 5 minutes to go.  A perfect storm which could well have blown our season away. 

Good news for Raith fans is that Stranraer were pretty crap on Saturday, even playing against 10.  They were all over us for the first few minutes but after scoring did very little thereafter. I would expect Raith to beat them despite their less than inspiring away record.  Stranraer have nothing to play for anyway in terms of league position. Just hope the young players will be trying to impress Farrell with a view to next season.

Means it's absolutely vital we secure at least a point on Sunday.  Lets also hope Albion Rovers win on Saturday and QP lose,  so Albion are more or less guaranteed 9th spot.  They'd then presumably not be busting a gut against us the following week with the playoffs coming up. So many ifs and buts. Not good for the brain.  I'm probably overthinking this. Got a feeling Raith are going to snatch it at the death like they did a few seasons ago. Galling when you think we've been the better team in 3 of the 4 head to heads. 

Ref will be at the hearing to watch the footage again and give his opinion on the case, which will go a long way to deciding the outcome...

Archived