Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:35, No_Problemo said:

Meggatt not available?

Been injured but back on bench last few weeks however hasn't been used despite our left back being out injured.  Not sure if lack of fitness or if manager doesn't trust him.

Shankland has not been sneaky, he plays this way week in week out see it all the time he has a wee quick look where the defenders are when he gets a ball in to him in the air or on the ground, simply trying to stop being clattered by the centre halfs. The ref had the card out straight away due to the shout by the player who got caught, if he had done what he should have and check if the player was ok before showing the card. The player was up in our box after it trying to score from the free kick.

Surely he'll be honest and realise he was hasty and made a mistake AGAIN as in the Alloa game big tube that he is.

Shankland has not been sneaky, he plays this way week in week out see it all the time he has a wee quick look where the defenders are when he gets a ball in to him in the air or on the ground, simply trying to stop being clattered by the centre halfs. The ref had the card out straight away due to the shout by the player who got caught, if he had done what he should have and check if the player was ok before showing the card. The player was up in our box after it trying to score from the free kick.
Surely he'll be honest and realise he was hasty and made a mistake AGAIN as in the Alloa game big tube that he is.

People just jump to the conclusion that he is looking to try and elbow someone. However any competent striker is looking behind himself when the ball is in the air to see how much space he has.

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Red cards arent,t produced on the basis of how injured a player is or is not

Red cards arent,t produced on the basis of how injured a player is or is not

They’re not supposed to be but a referees decision can easily be influenced by the reaction of the player that was fouled.

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

deliberate stonewaller.

Usually these decisions are only rescinded if the decision is blatantly wrong. I don’t see that being the case here.

I can think of a few recently that were rescinded despite seeming like a normal decision.

Then you have the Scott Brown “tackle” on the Ross County player that was a stonewall red card.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Amazing the difference a Rovers win on Saturday would make to this game. Even a loss for Ayr's not a disaster if Raith drop points.

It’s up to Raith to go down to Stranraer and send a statement of intent out by getting the 3 points. 

I’m fairly confident that whoever is top come 6pm on Sunday will go on and win the league as I’d expect us to beat Albion Rovers at home and Raith to beat Alloa. The goal difference could yet prove to be an absoulote god send. 

Amazing the difference a Rovers win on Saturday would make to this game. Even a loss for Ayr's not a disaster if Raith drop points.
I think the momentum is crucial.

I don't see raith dropping points now that we've given them a sniff of blood.

On the other hand if they did stutter on Saturday I think we'd relax and go and clinch the league on Sunday.

5 hours ago, Not a Bee said:

Been injured but back on bench last few weeks however hasn't been used despite our left back being out injured.  Not sure if lack of fitness or if manager doesn't trust him.

I hope he plays.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad said:

They’re not supposed to be but a referees decision can easily be influenced by the reaction of the player that was fouled.

That theres is no doubt,it seen every week.Players going to ground like they,d been hit by  a 10 ton truck,followed by  writhing about yet once the offending player is yellow or red carded they make a remarkable recovery

29 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

That theres is no doubt,it seen every week.Players going to ground like they,d been hit by  a 10 ton truck,followed by  writhing about yet once the offending player is yellow or red carded they make a remarkable recovery

biggest culprit for that is Jamie Adams.

Any indications of travelling support no’s. for Sunday. A helping of the seaside pound is always useful...plus it creates an atmosphere.

9 buses going but not sure how many folk per bus.

Millions probably

Archived