Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in from the game.

Our first-half performance was absolutely awful, genuinely one of the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen as an Ayr fan.

We were the architects of our own downfall with both of the goals coming from defensive errors but, even if you take the manner in which the goals were conceded out of the equation, Alloa looked so much better than us to the extent were it looked as if they were the team with something to play for and not us.

Second-half we were a little bit better with Adams moving to CB, Geggan and McDaid going off and Forrest and McGuffie coming on. An early second half goal gave me hope that an equaliser would soon follow  but after numerous missed opportunities I knew it would be one of those days.

That penalty though. What even was Moore doing?  Even though I didn't think it was a penalty at the time to be honest.

I love Moore. I don't want to criticise him because we would not be in the position to be challenging for a league title if it wasn't for his goals, but that penalty was one of the worst I've seen. It would probably still be flying if it hadn't hit the big fence behind the terracing.

A hugely disappointing yet not entirely unexpected result today. Enjoy your title party next week Rovers fans, I feel that we've just thrown our shot at the title away.

On 21/04/2018 at 21:25, Calayrdonia said:

I wouldn’t take a draw unless we’re losing with 10 minutes to go. Geggan being fit.....or rather playing (not sure how fit he is) is massive for us. 

We absolutely have to go all out for the win here and I think we can get it. 

Hart

Geggan Bell Rose Ferguson

McDaid Adams Kerr Crawford

Moore Moffat

That team should be taking care of Alloa tomorrow. Believe.

How’d that work out for you there? 

Well, that was fun. I take it nobody wants the trophy after what Livingston have likely been doing to it.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Today's result eclipses the quality of the soup at the Rec, I can highly recommend it to anyone attending the upcoming playoff games.

You're getting awfy soft in your old age.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Well, that was fun. I take it nobody wants the trophy after what Livingston have likely been doing to it.

You're getting awfy soft in your old age.

Posh Pawn.

And once again the maestro f----up playing Geggan when nowhere near fit fell on his arse for the first goal and the second dear oh dear, felt for Kerr and Moffat worked there arses off for nothing.

SeeCameron's over if he can't get rid of this clown after being 5clear with 3to play now then he never will three times he's put Geggan in when not fit and had to take him off. And don't start me about Alloa being professional on Saturday cause they won't like Stranraer had there final today with the team they put out to keep us in this league.

First half today we were excellent and showed what a good team we can be. Scored two good goals (Geggan's error notwithstanding) and could have gone in 3-0 to the good.

Second half was nervy, but apart from the award of the dodgy penalty always felt we were going to see it out - although we lacked composure at times in the final third.

Good to see Fleming calling out Bell's actions. He's been inspirational for us since moving back to defensive midfield. Easy to see why he was such a favourite at Dumbarton.

Sorry, but Geggan’s error notwithstanding? Geggan’s error was the only reason it was a goal. It was a bog standard long ball which should have been comfortably dealt with.

37 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

And once again the maestro f----up playing Geggan when nowhere near fit fell on his arse for the first goal and the second dear oh dear, felt for Kerr and Moffat worked there arses off for nothing.

SeeCameron's over if he can't get rid of this clown after being 5clear with 3to play now then he never will three times he's put Geggan in when not fit and had to take him off. And don't start me about Alloa being professional on Saturday cause they won't like Stranraer had there final today with the team they put out to keep us in this league.

what a load of sh*te you type.

I'm still numb to be honest.

Up until the red card last week I've never felt so relaxed watching ayr - there was just a sense that we'd score when we needed to.

We've been playing pretty poor for the last month or two (the raith win at home was last time I really thought we played well) - but with shankland in our team we were always a threat.

Today we had to pass out way through and other than ten mins at the start of the second half we were simply not up to it.

Like I said, I'm still numb.

I can't see rovers fucking up so I guess it'll be back to the playoffs. At least shanks will be back.

I wouldn't rule us following your lead and shitting the bed too.

Was working today so just watched some of it there.

Alloa disallowed goal looked onside and the drop ball incident was an act of sheer cuntery.

Every time a team looks like the title's theirs to lose, they lose, so it's still possible.

Alloa at home's no gimmie and expecting a really tight game.

2 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

How were either of them "must wins"? If we'd taken one point from the last two games we'd have been top. 

If we'd taken 6 we'd be out partying.

Upto now in my time as an Ayr fan the "we mustn't lose" approach hasn't been very fruitful.

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

:lol::lol:

30 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Sorry, but Geggan’s error notwithstanding? Geggan’s error was the only reason it was a goal. It was a bog standard long ball which should have been comfortably dealt with.

It was the left-back making the run and he kept going in case there was a mistake and finished it beautifully.  Plenty to admire about that. 

Least they had a good support.

We could easily bottle this mind.  But that is hilarious after Ayr celebrated the league.

Maybe if they’d brought less fans they’d have won.

Good result for us. I wonder if we can keep our excellent home form going and claim the title on the final day of the season.

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

It was the left-back making the run and he kept going in case there was a mistake and finished it beautifully.  Plenty to admire about that. 

This is an important park. The lad pressed well up the park and had no right to be in that position, but managed to take his chance brilliantly. Any other time and it gets left for the keeper and defender to sort out. 

Archived