Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting a 40% (at most) Geggan in that lineup, cost us this game. He dived in and missed the ball in the lead up to their first and sold the second. Struggled the whole first half. Airdrie game was the warning NOT to play him again.

The table doesn’t lie. I wish the Raith fans weren’t such dicks about it but no doubt they deserve the title. 

Just now, Calayrdonia said:

Putting a 40% (at most) Geggan in that lineup, cost us this game. He dived in and missed the ball in the lead up to their first and sold the second. Struggled the whole first half. Airdrie game was the warning NOT to play him again.

The table doesn’t lie. I wish the Raith fans weren’t such dicks about it but no doubt they deserve the title. 

Don't blame Geggan for our defeat, we were fucking dire as a team, OAP's with zimmers show more urgency going to the bingo than this lot show most of the time.

17 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Do alloa have anything to play for next week? Will they be chilling before the playoffs?
EASY raith win!!

Surely that depends on whether Alloa prefer to play Raith or Dumbarton in the playoffs. 

If Arbroath slip up at Queens, Alloa can finish third. However, should Arbroath score a couple of early goals at Hampden, there's nothing Alloa can do, given our huge advantage in goal difference. 

Ayr should be hoping for  QP to pull off an upset

Don't blame Geggan for our defeat, we were fucking dire as a team, OAP's with zimmers show more urgency going to the bingo than this lot show most of the time.

I don’t think anyone is blaming Geggan, however it was a huge error from McCall. The same thing happened against Airdrie, except we got away with it.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think anyone is blaming Geggan, however it was a huge error from McCall. The same thing happened against Airdrie, except we got away with it.

It was a huge error from Moore and it was a huge error from Shankland last week, doesn't matter, as a team we've deserved 0 points from 2 must wins with or without the errors.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I’m not fucking blaming Geggan so get off your fucking high horse. I’m blaming McCall for putting him in the starting line up. Players will always say they’re good to go no matter what. McCall should’ve taken the decision out of his hands. He’s not been fully fit for a long time. He loves this club and he gives his all but you can’t do what you should less than half fit. 

Major f**k up from McCall and we’ve paid the highest possible price.

Just now, Calayrdonia said:

I’m not fucking blaming Geggan so get off your fucking high horse. I’m blaming McCall for putting him in the starting line up. Players will always say they’re good to go no matter what. McCall should’ve taken the decision out of his hands. He’s not been fully fit for a long time. He loves this club and he gives his all but you can’t do what you should less than half fit. 

IMG_0001.JPG

It was a huge error from Moore and it was a huge error from Shankland last week, doesn't matter, as a team we've deserved 0 points from 2 must wins with or without the errors.

Yes, but we lost 2-1. That decision has cost us the game.

Moore and Shankland were always going to be starting so no one is going to complain about that.

However Geggan was found out at Airdrie half fit so it was ridiculous to start him again in the same state.

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

They weren't must wins at all. We only needed a point from two games v Stranraer and Alloa.

The absolute definition of shat the bed.

Both must wins in my book.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, but we lost 2-1. That decision has cost us the game.

Moore and Shankland were always going to be starting so no one is going to complain about that.

However Geggan was found out at Airdrie half fit so it was ridiculous to start him again in the same state.

Nah, it was the halfsarsedness of the starting 11 that cost us the game, we got exactly what we deserved today.

Vast majority of Raith fans on here have kept level headed over the whole situation, Ayr have been planning title parties for weeks, surely you understand why some might be giving some back? Although tbf I’ve not even seen any of that.

They all seem concerned about next weeks game. A little bit of humility that will stop them having egg on their face regardless of the outcome, if only some Ayr fans had done the same.

Archived