Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Recommended Posts

I just watched a game today & in all my 55 years I have seen some crackers but this guy tops the lot

Not even 10 minutes had passed & he was dishing the cards but kept them in his pocket for the home team, stopped the game for silly things instead of letting play to flow. You could see that both set of players were getting frustrated with him & some Shouting that the game was not all about him

When our assistant coach was asking for an explanation he stopped game & sprinted over to him to give him a warning for being abusive ...... somehow I dont think so ...... I was standing less than 10 feet away from the dugout 

The 2nd goal we conceded ...... I was standing beside some home fans & even they agreed that their player handled the ball to allow him to make a square pass to the goal scorer, what happened when our players complained ...... He drew his yellow card from its holster & made 4 rapid bookings

I did ask him at end of game how many bookings he made but as I am not an official with our club he refused to speak to me but I did  remind him however that I payed to watch the game & was only making an enquiry. L believe we had 10 x yellows dished out to us (9 can only be for dissent) & home team received 1 x yellow (I believe) toward the end of the game. There was no way that this was a bad  tempered game between 2 good geams but due to one poor official

 

Mr Sean Sutherland .... I dont know you & this has been my first encounter watching you officaite  but you should hold your head in shame with todays debacle

PS .... also thought it was funny how the home players were referring to him as Sean & not “Ref” as is normal ?????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Aye, sorry about that. Time of the month.

Could be as was officaiting like “ A Fanny” & spoilt a good game IMO

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I just watched a game today & in all my 55 years I have seen some crackers but this guy tops the lot

Not even 10 minutes had passed & he was dishing the cards but kept them in his pocket for the home team, stopped the game for silly things instead of letting play to flow. You could see that both set of players were getting frustrated with him & some Shouting that the game was not all about him

When our assistant coach was asking for an explanation he stopped game & sprinted over to him to give him a warning for being abusive ...... somehow I dont think so ...... I was standing less than 10 feet away from the dugout 

The 2nd goal we conceded ...... I was standing beside some home fans & even they agreed that their player handled the ball to allow him to make a square pass to the goal scorer, what happened when our players complained ...... He drew his yellow card from its holster & made 4 rapid bookings

I did ask him at end of game how many bookings he made but as I am not an official with our club he refused to speak to me but I did  remind him however that I payed to watch the game & was only making an enquiry. L believe we had 10 x yellows dished out to us (9 can only be for dissent) & home team received 1 x yellow (I believe) toward the end of the game. There was no way that this was a bad  tempered game between 2 good geams but due to one poor official

 

Mr Sean Sutherland .... I dont know you & this has been my first encounter watching you officaite  but you should hold your head in shame with todays debacle

PS .... also thought it was funny how the home players were referring to him as Sean & not “Ref” as is normal ?????

 

Absolutely pointless coming on here bashing a referee. On chances alone Collina could have reffed that and Abbey Vale still would have won. 

With regards to your final point. The ref in question lives closer to Kilmarnock than Dumfries and it’s his first season refereeing in the south league. So whatever you are insinuating is unfounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Absolutely pointless coming on here bashing a referee. On chances alone Collina could have reffed that and Abbey Vale still would have won. 

With regards to your final point. The ref in question lives closer to Kilmarnock than Dumfries and it’s his first season refereeing in the south league. So whatever you are insinuating is unfounded.

You are having a laugh ... we’re you actually at the game today? If you were then you must have been wearing Blinkers & Ear Defenders 

At no point did I mention or insinuate that you did not deserve the win today, in fact I actually showed my appreciation of how your player took his 3rd goal 

Where the guy lives geographically (Could be my home town of Ayr) is no concern of mine,  but it was a laugh how he was handing out yellow cards to our players like confetti for dissent ( Asking a question) but was happy to be on first name terms with home team, just saying ... oops 

As I said earlier I stood next to our dugout 1st half tthen towards the end of 2nd & also overheard  what the home team coach said to ours at the end about the Ref, I won’t repeat in here, but it wasn’t complimentary either

So take it any way you want & defend him if you want but IMO he is the worst official I have witnessed but if that is what you are used  to then good luck, he spoilt a good game that i paid to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

You are having a laugh ... we’re you actually at the game today? If you were then you must have been wearing Blinkers & Ear Defenders 

At no point did I mention or insinuate that you did not deserve the win today, in fact I actually showed my appreciation of how your player took his 3rd goal 

Where the guy lives geographically (Could be my home town of Ayr) is no concern of mine,  but it was a laugh how he was handing out yellow cards to our players like confetti for dissent ( Asking a question) but was happy to be on first name terms with home team, just saying ... oops 

As I said earlier I stood next to our dugout 1st half tthen towards the end of 2nd & also overheard  what the home team coach said to ours at the end about the Ref, I won’t repeat in here, but it wasn’t complimentary either

So take it any way you want & defend him if you want but IMO he is the worst official I have witnessed but if that is what you are used  to then good luck, he spoilt a good game that i paid to watch 

I was there.

I haven’t defended him. I never mentioned his performance. I said it’s pointless coming on here bashing a referee. 

What were you suggesting by you final point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I was there.

I haven’t defended him. I never mentioned his performance. I said it’s pointless coming on here bashing a referee. 

What were you suggesting by you final point?

As i paid to watch this game I think I am entitled to my opnion & as this is a Forum i can come on here & critisise a referee where as you are also entitled to your opinion, you also have the option not to say anything or critisise me for having one .....  Touché !!!

Final point ..... I have already covered this on my last response to you

As you say you were there, IMO our team was still in the game up until your 2nd goal then our lads heads went down, do you think that goal should have been given? 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

As i paid to watch this game I think I am entitled to my opnion & as this is a Forum i can come on here & critisise a referee where as you are also entitled to your opinion, you also have the option not to say anything or critisise me for having one .....  Touché !!!

Final point ..... I have already covered this on my last response to you

As you say you were there, IMO our team was still in the game up until your 2nd goal then our lads heads went down, do you think that goal should have been given? 

The second goal shouldn’t have been given, no. I also thought bonnyton controlled much of the game without creating too much. At 1-0 the game can go either way so I understand your frustration. However, we’re massively short on refs at this level and we need them to do a job. So going out of your way to publicly criticise one I don’t think helps. Although I agree your perfectly entitled to do so.

I was on the park. 90% of the yellow cards were handed out for dissent. The game was played in the right spirit between the two teams I felt, contested well without being dirty, however most of the comments made to the referee by your teams players definitely warranted a yellow. Some probably didn’t. We weren’t nearly as vocal towards the ref hence the big difference in the amount of bookings each team received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

The second goal shouldn’t have been given, no. I also thought bonnyton controlled much of the game without creating too much. At 1-0 the game can go either way so I understand your frustration. However, we’re massively short on refs at this level and we need them to do a job. So going out of your way to publicly criticise one I don’t think helps. Although I agree your perfectly entitled to do so.

I was on the park. 90% of the yellow cards were handed out for dissent. The game was played in the right spirit between the two teams I felt, contested well without being dirty, however most of the comments made to the referee by your teams players definitely warranted a yellow. Some probably didn’t. We weren’t nearly as vocal towards the ref hence the big difference in the amount of bookings each team received.

Look, this can go on & on but point I am making is that he was poor yesterday & this would be okay but what made it worse was that he wasnt even consitant with the  bookings,  as you were on the pitch then you will know what I mean but if you require  an explanation then let me know, (It is possibke you still had your Blinkers on)

The biggest laugh I had was when he made the blunder in allowing the 2nd goal his reaction was to dish out cards like a gunslinger thus covering his mistake that was so blatant 

You are criticising me coming on here bashing a ref for his performance on a public forum but its okay for you to state tha what our players said to him deserved a yellow ... a bit of “Pot & Kettle” me thinks :)

Next time you see your wee pal Sean tell him to be consitant as it was so obvious that he wasn't yesterday ...... or is it a case of giving yourself this advise/observation??????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you genuinely believe the opposition calling him by his name has any bearing? Loads of players will call the ref by their name at every level of the game, it hardly means they're pally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you genuinely believe the opposition calling him by his name has any bearing? Loads of players will call the ref by their name at every level of the game, it hardly means they're pally. 

Going by what I witnessed yesterday ..... YES I DO 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well, in that case you're a fud.

Well your a clever guy & I appreciate your fine character assessment of me yet we haven’t even met :) 

Or have we?

Despite being a Scottish slang term for the certain part of a lady, it's not what you think it is. Fud stands for “fear, uncertainty and doubt”, which the Vote Leave campaign accuse the In campaign of rolling out as a secret weapon.

I wii ill take this as a compliment as I am sure you intended, thanks :) 

 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By my reckoning Sutherland has reffed Abbey Vale 5 times this season (all early on bar the last), but that was first Bonnyton game. Probably why the players knew him better. That's nothing to do with him though as it's the SFA tht appoint refs. Can't believe they sent him off with a wee note to give nothing to Bonnyton but yellow cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought these sort of posts were just a junior thicko thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean probably broke the yellow card record at Newton tonight....an found time to send off 2 Newton players, their manager and 1 from Saints . Apparently he's in charge of what could well be the league decider on Monday night :-))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Psychotic Reaction said:

Sean probably broke the yellow card record at Newton tonight....an found time to send off 2 Newton players, their manager and 1 from Saints . Apparently he's in charge of what could well be the league decider on Monday night :-))

I am afraid Sean just does not have the personality to referee even at this level. I know players are partly to blame for responding but he has the unfortunate knack of winding players up.  The double (triple- quadruple?) sending off near the end was a result of him missing a blatant stamp inside the six-yard box which he quote"did not see". Well, Sean, everyone else inside Blairmount did! Will we get any reaction from above? Unfortunately not as the official line seems to be " if we didn't have refs we would not have a game". Supervise!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixture for this Saturday: Lochar  v Bonnyton

AND GUESS WHO THE REF IS THAT HAS BEEN APPOINTED? :) 

“Six Shooter” Sean, The Fastest Yellow Card in the SOSFL 

You couldnt write  the script, I trust he will have plenty of lead in his pencil !!!

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor ref and never should have been promoted to this level. Most clubs will have been hard done by him this season. Don' think he is lochar fav so nothing to worry about bonnington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×