Poor Referee

13 hours ago, info said:

I am afraid Sean just does not have the personality to referee even at this level. I know players are partly to blame for responding but he has the unfortunate knack of winding players up.  The double (triple- quadruple?) sending off near the end was a result of him missing a blatant stamp inside the six-yard box which he quote"did not see". Well, Sean, everyone else inside Blairmount did! Will we get any reaction from above? Unfortunately not as the official line seems to be " if we didn't have refs we would not have a game". Supervise!   

Info as someone who also attended this match I have to fully agree with you ! To ‘claim’ he missed the stamp from only a few yards away that everyone else in the ground either witnessed or heard is simply astonishing and then to defend his actions in sending all these guys off to basically in the majority view to cover his own inadequacies beggars belief ! We all know it’s difficult for officials but either they make decent , honest calls or they deploy a modicum of common sense when dealing with the irate Players / Officials who feel tremendously hard done by in the aftermath of these actions that the Ref admits ‘he did not see’ yet still proceeds to pull cards out faster than Billy the Kid 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree where has the referees supervisors gone standard is the worst I've ever seen. I know they are an easy scapegoat but they need to have a bit of commen sence and not be robots I was lucky enough to have grade 1 refs when I played  who treated players as human beings  and got the same respect back.

8 hours ago, energyzone said:

Do people actually believe a referee is going to see a stamp and ignore it? Is that what he is being accused of here?

‘Apparently’ and somewhat almost conveniently he claimed not to have had a good view of the incident but amazingly enough from only a few yards away he had a sufficiently ‘good view’ of the aftermath to send off two players from the home team for reacting to the incident and ultimately remove the Manager also for remonstrating with the ‘offender’. He was also heard to say on the way off the field at HT (prior to this situation) to the Home coaching staff that if he so much as heard one word from the Manager or the player who was fouled in the incident they would be sent off !!!!  Defend him now Energyzone if you like but to those in attendance it seemed all too  familiar with certain Officials who seem to have an axe to grind with a select few South Clubs. Ask about and you’ll find several of the local teams who’ve experienced identical officiating and this is the reason they all feel aggrieved 

Watched Creetown V Lochmaben today. Poor game on a bumpy pitch but the Ref Gary Tolland showed how a game could be handled. There were some dubious tackles. handbags and minor dissent and the sum total of cards was I think ONE yellow and nobody died! Well done ref. Hope you don't get turned into a robot.  

7 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

Not surprised by the comments about Shaun here. Worst referee the Southern Counties has seen for many a year.

How was his performance in last nights title decider?

As a neutral, I don't personally think the guy did an awful lot wrong. Couple of bookings that could have maybe just been a stern word and a couple of times he could have done to played advantage but all in all he wasn't too bad, I've certainly seen him have a lot worse nights.

He did however send off 2 Mids subs and one of their coaches in 3 separate incidents that were all brought to his attention by the linesman. Nothing against Mids, they've got some cracking players and they must be gutted about missing out on the title but I personally thought, and not for the first time this season, that their lack of discipline both on and off the pitch was awful.

2 hours ago, evh78 said:

As a neutral, I don't personally think the guy did an awful lot wrong. Couple of bookings that could have maybe just been a stern word and a couple of times he could have done to played advantage but all in all he wasn't too bad, I've certainly seen him have a lot worse nights.

He did however send off 2 Mids subs and one of their coaches in 3 separate incidents that were all brought to his attention by the linesman. Nothing against Mids, they've got some cracking players and they must be gutted about missing out on the title but I personally thought, and not for the first time this season, that their lack of discipline both on and off the pitch was awful.

Thought it was only two, I must have missed one!  Found the whole thing quite amusing from the other side of the pitch, especially as from there it looked as if the coach that got sent off was someone who was already in the crowd so I was wondering where he was meant to go.

I see from the SFA website Alan Inglis and Connor Graham have been cited to appear at Hampden so I'm guessing those are the two sent from the dugout on Monday night.

• 3 months later...

I was visiting an ill relative in Minnigaff today so took in Newton vs Lochar

WOW.

Its as if Sean has been on a 'how to be worse at being a referee' course.

The result was never in doubt, but what was an entertaining and hard fought game was spoiled by his showmanship.

Both sides baffled at the decisions, and i cant blame NSFC for their reactions.  Dont look forward to him at Meadow any time soon. 

I just watched a game today & in all my 55 years I have seen some crackers but this guy tops the lot
Not even 10 minutes had passed & he was dishing the cards but kept them in his pocket for the home team, stopped the game for silly things instead of letting play to flow. You could see that both set of players were getting frustrated with him & some Shouting that the game was not all about him
When our assistant coach was asking for an explanation he stopped game & sprinted over to him to give him a warning for being abusive ...... somehow I dont think so ...... I was standing less than 10 feet away from the dugout 
The 2nd goal we conceded ...... I was standing beside some home fans & even they agreed that their player handled the ball to allow him to make a square pass to the goal scorer, what happened when our players complained ...... He drew his yellow card from its holster & made 4 rapid bookings
I did ask him at end of game how many bookings he made but as I am not an official with our club he refused to speak to me but I did  remind him however that I payed to watch the game & was only making an enquiry. L believe we had 10 x yellows dished out to us (9 can only be for dissent) & home team received 1 x yellow (I believe) toward the end of the game. There was no way that this was a bad  tempered game between 2 good geams but due to one poor official

Mr Sean Sutherland .... I dont know you & this has been my first encounter watching you officaite  but you should hold your head in shame with todays debacle
PS .... also thought it was funny how the home players were referring to him as Sean & not “Ref” as is normal ?????

How you managed to stand 10 feet from dugout beats me ... I’ve been to newton before

6 hours ago, Beardyman said:

How you managed to stand 10 feet from dugout beats me ... I’ve been to newton before

Hi Beardyman .... I think you will have to take your beard out of your eyes & read my post again as this was in April & not at Newton???

But good to know that you canni stand near the dugout though, I have not been there yet 

• 5 months later...

Loyd Wilson at Stair Park today. 2 pens that nobody else in the ground saw..
All for Referees doing well and progressing but not before their time.
Anyone wanting to make an easy £ get yourself a referee course.

Was he doing the first team game ??

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

If he was chocolate he would eat himself .

Watched Bonnyton v St. Cuthbert game yesterday & was impressed with David Ingram who was the Ref .... first time I have seen him in action 

Although  he got a couple of decisions wrong .. easy thing to do with high tempo and no linesman he allowed game to flow & played advantage when required

Didn’t let players bully him either & issued a few verbal warnings (both teams) 

Lets also give them praise on here  too when it is due 

Archived