Partick Thistle VS Hamilton Academical #LambieDerby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we harnessed the atmosphere well initially and were the better team for the first 20 minutes. Dools crafted a good chance but couldn't get an angle and Woods closed it down well. 

Thereafter, we completely fell out of the game until bringing Sammon on. Ferguson dropped further back for Hamilton and they started to overrun us in midfield. The goal was avoidable with Christie (who was otherwise very good again) missing a header and then Templeton being allowed to drive unchallenged before finishing well beyond Cerny.

I heard Canning bemoan the non-award of the penalty and possible red card for Cerny on Ogboe. It wouldn't have been a red card due to the FIFA rule change and in any case, I didn't think there was much in it. Happy to be corrected once I've seen it again. Seemed like Canning was trying to deflect on that one.

Once Sammon came on and we switched to two up top, we looked like a different prospect. The big man allowed us time to get up the park to support and let Dools stay more central where he has proven, time and again, how clinical he can be. 

I couldn't quite see who it was but a Hamilton player raised their hands to Cerny and should have been off. Imrie was booked but I'm not sure it was him, I thought it was Ogboe. 

Hamilton would be much further embroiled in the battle if it wasn't for Templeton; his ability to carry the ball was the main difference between the sides before he was subbed. If he's out for any period at all in the run in, I'd be concerned for them but their survival is still very much in their hands.

As for us, it was a crucial win and gives us the platform in the remaining games.

Final thought - the most laughable MOTM award in history, can only imagine the sponsors were the Spittal family.

Brilliant, quick thinking from Erskine at the second goal.  If he hadn't done what he did, it would have summed up our season.  

How Jenkins wasn't sent off is beyond belief.   

Cant make games ever but delighted from what I've seen and heard.

I guess the Lambie impact was apparent. Saw Doolan and Erskine were at the funeral so good chance they were able to get the squads priority in order. As everyone has said, Osman being replaced by Mcarthy is needed and great that it finally happened. Good to have a captain that bleeds for the club over a guy who just promotes his horrific clothing line and takes photos with the Pogbas. Erskine seems fired up which is brilliant because I love an Erskine love in as much as I love a Doolan one.

Loads of momentum now, just needed that one win.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

I've restored this topic from the trash can. If you'd like it merged with the topic that was started afterwards let me know!

Should probably keep both of them. The more reminders for wee Rodge the better.

Archived