General Secretary of the West Region

Nugent4nil

39 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

Don't worry Mr Robertson won't have many teams to worry about in the next few seasons anyway. As most of the smaller teams will have went to wall after the new league reconstruction by then .Problem sortedemoji45.png

They really wont.

Can you explain how clubs will go to the wall under the new set-up without using the word "travel" or any variation thereof?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Mr Robertson won't have many teams to worry about in the next few seasons anyway. As most of the smaller teams will have went to wall after the new league reconstruction by then .Problem sorted[emoji45]

[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

I just think there's more chance of success if it's 1 v 1. A 3rd party will dilute / complicate any message for change. You're completely gambling on committees (and mandated reps) voting for change regardless of who's implementing it in the event of SR surviving the first ballot. This will come down, as ever, to personalities. People voted for Scott because they had some affinity with him and he gets the season finished, by hook or by crook.
It's my opinion though, my committee days are behind me (for now) and what I think counts for zip! :lol:

Has anyone said for certain Scott is reapplying for the post?

They really wont.

Can you explain how clubs will go to the wall under the new set-up without using the word "travel" or any variation thereof?

Expenses and fuel costs will cripple already struggling clubs.Along with punters who just won't travel long distances to the far reachs of Western Scotland .Along with lack of interest by the younger generation in following Junior football. The beginning of the end starts next season with the catalyst being put in place with this daft reconstruction. That is my view but some others may differ but I respect other opinions

Away supports are virtually non-existent at the moment in the district leagues - moving to  regional league wont make any noticeable difference.

Expense and fuel costs wont differ much either, its not as if clubs are solely picking players who live within 5 minutes of the ground - clubs with a squad concentrated in the likes of Glasgow or Kilmarnock are again unlikely to notice any discernible change.

This reconstruction is a much needed shot in the arm for the West region and it allows the clubs to agitate for a wholesale move to the pyramid as a West league. Change needs to be embraced, the days of the Ayrshire and Central leagues are gone and the only way they will be coming back is if those clubs go amateur and strike off on their own.

Away supports are virtually non-existent at the moment in the district leagues - moving to  regional league wont make any noticeable difference.
Expense and fuel costs wont differ much either, its not as if clubs are solely picking players who live within 5 minutes of the ground - clubs with a squad concentrated in the likes of Glasgow or Kilmarnock are again unlikely to notice any discernible change.
This reconstruction is a much needed shot in the arm for the West region and it allows the clubs to agitate for a wholesale move to the pyramid as a West league. Change needs to be embraced, the days of the Ayrshire and Central leagues are gone and the only way they will be coming back is if those clubs go amateur and strike off on their own.

But most supporters are of the older generation who definitely won't travel as most don't now anyway as you state.But it seems to me that the beaks just think they are doing the right thing but the people who matter and who pays their money are seen as an after thought and are not consulted or considered.I would like to say I have enjoyed following Junior football over the years.But no matter how it is rebranded or hyped up it is dying just like the punters who follow it.

13 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

But most supporters are of the older generation who definitely won't travel as most don't now anyway as you state.But it seems to me that the beaks just think they are doing the right thing but the people who matter and who pays their money are seen as an after thought and are not consulted or considered.I would like to say I have enjoyed following Junior football over the years.But no matter how it is rebranded or hyped up it is dying just like the punters who follow it.

To be honest you could say that about every level of football in Scotland outside the top flight.

As an outsider looking in I did find it surprising the West Region didn’t replicate the East with the lower two divisions remaining regional with a fluid border between North (Glasgow area) and South (Ayrshire) to keep things even.

In the East, sending Stoneyburn, West Calder, Harthill or Blackburn to play league games against Forfar Albion, Brechin Vics, Arbroath Vics or Lochee Harp at the lowest levels made no sense financially. The better teams play Region wide, the poorer teams play District wide.

Four straight Region wide leagues of 16 must be a big ask for some clubs.

The clubs made the decision, not the beaks, and it was voted through by a resounding majority.

3 hours ago, Cancellara said:

Don't worry Mr Robertson won't have many teams to worry about in the next few seasons anyway. As most of the smaller teams will have went to wall after the new league reconstruction by then .Problem sortedemoji45.png

He and TJ can compare the composition of their P45s and accompany each other to the unemployment office. Can’t be many  vacancies around for that type of work!!!!! Or will they be sent for retraining

3 hours ago, Cancellara said:

Expenses and fuel costs will cripple already struggling clubs.Along with punters who just won't travel long distances to the far reachs of Western Scotland .Along with lack of interest by the younger generation in following Junior football. The beginning of the end starts next season with the catalyst being put in place with this daft reconstruction. That is my view but some others may differ but I respect other opinions

No it wont, having no home games for months on end WILL end clubs, having fixtures in advance to allow planning and travel will help them surive and thrive.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As Robert and Kennie both seem to be applying for the job and there is concern that this will dilute the vote of those clubs wanting change. With that in mind I would like to put myself forward for the role also, with the understanding that I will change absolutely nothing. This should make the vote fair.

Why dont you? Seriously if thats what you want and you have ideas and a proposal go for it. I have sent an email to all clubs saying I would listen to them, I have, my updated proposal will be out soon, clubs have to talk express their views, ideas, concerns and whoever gets the job has to listen. The clubs vote the person in they have a mandate that that person must follow... will it work? who knows but if thats what the clubs voted for it must be tried and I will try it. Once my updated proposal has been given and heard by all the clubs I will publish it on here but out of respect for the member clubs I wont until then.

Why dont you? Seriously if thats what you want and you have ideas and a proposal go for it. I have sent an email to all clubs saying I would listen to them, I have, my updated proposal will be out soon, clubs have to talk express their views, ideas, concerns and whoever gets the job has to listen. The clubs vote the person in they have a mandate that that person must follow... will it work? who knows but if thats what the clubs voted for it must be tried and I will try it. Once my updated proposal has been given and heard by all the clubs I will publish it on here but out of respect for the member clubs I wont until then.

I have no specific proposal other than there is no actual proposal. I will seek to ignore all directives and timetables set by the members r.e fixtures. I will ignore the computer program made available to me and use a bookies pencil and fag packet to ensure clubs sit idle when they still have to play each other and make sure teams play double headers on a saturday and monday.
I will give every club who votes for me favourable treatment.
Hey if it worked for SR how can I fet beat.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Heard he's a shoe in to win again

Dunno - he only won by a bawhair last time - what was it...32-29 with three no-shows?

I don't see him having won over many hearts and minds this year. Obviously there'll be a coterie of teams who'll still vote for him regardless, but you've got to be a special kind of thick to continue to blindly endorse someone  who was unequivocally instructed to amend his methods and then proceeded to blithely ignore those instructions.

Alarmingly I’m informed by several delegates that at a west region meeting Kennie stood up and stated he would like to apologise to Scott Robertson for stating a full fixture list should be produced as after a few months Kennie admitted he was unable to see a way to do it. 

Pretty much what happened, yep.

After Scott was voted in again, Kennie congratulated him and said that he agreed with him that a fixture list couldn’t be done after all. Which I found quite incredulous at the time, as that was (and still is) the main talking point of the election & the apparently main differentiation between the candidates.

4 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

Pretty much what happened, yep.

After Scott was voted in again, Kennie congratulated him and said that he agreed with him that a fixture list couldn’t be done after all. Which I found quite incredulous at the time, as that was (and still is) the main talking point of the election & the apparently main differentiation between the candidates.

I am correct then. Well well well 

Archived