2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

42 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Hamilton, I wish no ill on your “Colts” but can you please let our XI fielded tomorrow night absolutely cuff you to hopefully speed up the process of getting this abomination into the sea?

Im an Accies fan and I couldn't care less if you beat our U21 side. 

Want all the U21 sides to be put out so that this competition becomes enjoyable.

On the other hand I think the foreign teams are a great addition. 

More specifically, Good luck to:-

Forfar Athletic (VS Livingsston U21)

Ross County (VS Heart of Midlothian U21)

Raith Rovers (VS Aberdeen U21)

Dundee United (VS St Johnstone U21)

Clyde (VS Hamilton Academical U21)

East Stirlingshire (VS Motherwell U21)

Annan Athletic (VS Celtic U21)

Falkirk (VS Rangers U21)

Unfortunately we are guaranteed a minimum of 2 U21 sides in the 2nd round. 

Dundee U21 VS Hibernian U21

Kilmarnock U21 VS St Mirren U21

Let's make sure that it is only 2! 

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Alloa charging £17 for their game against Stirling. I can understand them trying to milk Championship games as much as possible for one season, but that seems a bit much for a Challenge Cup game.

BOOOOOOooooooooo! Feckin ridiculous. 

We've been guilty of it in the past ourselves. I remember a Challenge Cup 1st Round game against Annan years ago where we charged £15 at the gate and initially the only reduction on this was for U12s until there was enough complaints that they changed it to U16s. Was only a few hundred at the game. How they thought they'd get away with that I'll never know.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 02:29, Poet of the Macabre said:

I still fail to understand why people need the excuse of a diddy cup match to go for pints in Ireland or Wales. Just go on a wee trip with your pals one weekend and avoid the expense and absolute pointlessness of attending a glorified friendly. Drinking culture in Scotland is genuinely frightening.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:29, Poet of the Macabre said:

I didn't say wanting to watch them in foreign places was "genuinely frightening". I said the drinking culture in Scotland was.

Is the drinking culture less frightening if you and your friends go away on a trip and get bladdered without watching football? I'm confused as to why enjoying a weekend away for the football is any more an example of a genuinely frightening drinking culture as opposed to going on "a wee trip with your pals one weekend"?

Is the drinking culture less frightening if you and your friends go away on a trip and get bladdered without watching football? I'm confused as to why enjoying a weekend away for the football is any more an example of a genuinely frightening drinking culture as opposed to going on "a wee trip with your pals one weekend"?

Not sure Poet has any pals so not surprised to see him struggling with this one.

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

£15 for Inverness v the Pars - wouldn't have been going anyway with it being midweek but can't see many Invernessians turning out at that price either.

Should be a tenner max.  Crazy prices for a tournament that's met with utter disdain from the vast majority of fans.

We're making seven changes for this game tonight so it doesn't seem like we are taking it too seriously. Expect the likes of Calder, McCart, White and Mackay to be starting.

16 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Alloa charging £17 for their game against Stirling. I can understand them trying to milk Championship games as much as possible for one season, but that seems a bit much for a Challenge Cup game.

Mike Mulraney is a fat, Brexit loving, Tory c**t so it's no surprise he's looking to fleece folk at every opportunity.

I'm in two minds about an exotic away tie if we get past Queens Park tonight. On one hand it will be a hoot but on the other given the next round is only three and a half weeks away it has the potential to cost a fortune. Then you have the potential of the game being played on a Sunday which almost certainly means time off work for most supporters and not the same fun as on a Saturday. I think the clubs get help with travel costs? Which is nice if I'm correct but no help to the rest of us.

19 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Hamilton, I wish no ill on your “Colts” but can you please let our XI fielded tomorrow night absolutely cuff you to hopefully speed up the process of getting this abomination into the sea?

I'm a clyde fan with a consecion card and faced with 30minute bus ride for free and an entrance  of£5 do I go or not.....not is looking good right now

Well, this competition is clearly not a major concern for County looking at that starting lineup. Although in fairness this cup always ends up feeling like an inconvenience until you get to the final 4 and then suddenly it's a chance to win something.

Edited by forkboy
I'm clearly unable to embed a tweet