2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

On 03/08/2018 at 10:44, Marshmallo said:

Because me and my pals have a common interest in supporting Falkirk and travelling to different places to watch them is a shared passion.

If you think wanting to watch Falkirk play in London or Dublin instead of Dumbarton or Methil is "genuinely frightening" then you batter on.

I didn't say wanting to watch them in foreign places was "genuinely frightening". I said the drinking culture in Scotland was.

Did you not read the post or were you being deliberately dense?

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Plus over-agers... 3 of those?

Says u20s plus two overage players on the Hearts site.   Load of nonsense that u20s can play overage players in this.   Has that always been the case or are they trying to make the u20s get further?

Nonsense that u20s are in the cup in the first place although I'm hoping Hearts get Sutton United away in the next round as I'm living in London.  I guess Ross County will be huge favourites but not sure if they will play a full-strength team.

On 8/6/2018 at 18:54, stanley said:

Says u20s plus two overage players on the Hearts site.   Load of nonsense that u20s can play overage players in this.   Has that always been the case or are they trying to make the u20s get further?

It was the case for the last couple of seasons, not the first year they came in.

On 8/6/2018 at 13:29, Poet of the Macabre said:

I didn't say wanting to watch them in foreign places was "genuinely frightening". I said the drinking culture in Scotland was.

Did you not read the post or were you being deliberately dense?

OK. I've watched football in a few different countries and getting tanked up pre-match seems to be the ritual everywhere I've been. It's the same at any major international tournament.

On 06/08/2018 at 18:54, stanley said:

Nonsense that u20s are in the cup in the first place although I'm hoping Hearts get Sutton United away in the next round as I'm living in London.  I guess Ross County will be huge favourites but not sure if they will play a full-strength team.

If we don’t get an away draw we would be honoured to host  Hearts at Gander Green Lane

On 06/08/2018 at 18:54, stanley said:

That's exactly what it is.

Nobody likes the idea, nobody wants them in the tournament or goes to see them play, and they've been almost exclusively baws in any case.

It's a no from me Clive.

Alloa charging £17 for their game against Stirling. I can understand them trying to milk Championship games as much as possible for one season, but that seems a bit much for a Challenge Cup game.

Shocking from them but not shocked. Will be shocked if we have more than 50 tomorrow.

Its a shame that the vast majority of our support are boycotting tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If there's more than 1000 at the Pars game tomorrow then I'll be frankly astonished.

Can't imagine the appeal for any Pars fan heading up, seeing as we'll play Inverness four times in the Championship anyway.

I'll be fucked if I'm going up for that and I normally do my best to get to every game.

£5 for Hamilton Colts v Clyde.  A reasonable price for a game that no-one is interested in.

A fiver also for Livi colts v Forfar. Although, now that Livi have binned their youth academy and no more development league in place I guess this’ll be a young reserve team with 2 old heads they’ll have on.

Last year Billy McKay did for us up at Ross County. We’ll see if the 2 Millers play up front tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Alloa charging £17 for their game against Stirling. I can understand them trying to milk Championship games as much as possible for one season, but that seems a bit much for a Challenge Cup game.

A bit much!? That's an absolutely scandalous price.