• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
algy

2018/19 Challenge Cup

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:
4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It is quite a big deal in fairness. We're taking the hit purely through incompetence from the SPFL. Not the same as the weather calling it off or even being unlucky with who we were fixtured to play depending on who had made it through. United game on the 17th for example had to be moved to the Tuesday due to Alloa making it so far, this isn't the same thing

You were going to have to move a game anyway, were you not? I thought there were matches scheduled for the original date. Not trivialising the hassle, just saying it's more the tinpottery than the inconvenience that stands out.

We were supposed to be playing Airdrie on the 17th. If the game is moved to the 3rd then it would be Arbroath who have to move their home game to a midweek.

I've got no idea if Arbroath will be given a say in this as presumably the SPFL have some kind of 'tough shit if your game has to get moved for a cup tie' rule. Can totally see where Arbroath are coming from being pissed off.

Even if the SPFL had said last week that Bohemians tie would be the 3rd of Nov should they go through then I imagine Arbroath would just accept that as the unluck of the draw kind of thing. I can see why it would be a bit galling to be put out by a last minute change like this though.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

We were supposed to be playing Airdrie on the 17th. If the game is moved to the 3rd then it would be Arbroath who have to move their home game to a midweek.

Ah, I see. Ta. 

It's not so much that it's a big deal, it's more the rank tinpottery of the SPFL inviting clubs that play a different calendar and then just hoping it would all be fine that gets me. 

But it is all fine.

Quarter Final vs Ross County to be played at Fir Park.

Saturday 17th November. 3pm K.O.

Our game against Nomads is on Friday 16 November at Hampden, 1945 kick off.  Live on BBC Alba.

This would be better renamed the Clusterfuck Cup  given that an Irish team are calling the shots in a Scottish tournament to which they were given a special invitation. 

Our game against Nomads is on Friday 16 November at Hampden, 1945 kick off.  Live on BBC Alba.

The Connahs Quay fans will be on here soon barking about the change in date.

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm barking about the change right now. Already committed for that night. SPFL are basically just prostitutes now. Any trick you want if the money's right.

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Maybe not. Average home gate is 221. Live on the telly probably suits them.

image.png.545a380afec2b741eab2f78d5b9a4727.png

Any of you East Fife lads need any advice about getting to Dalymount or good pubs near the ground etc don't hesitate to ask...:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm barking about the change right now. Already committed for that night. SPFL are basically just prostitutes now. Any trick you want if the money's right.

The last time they appeared on Alba,  the fee for QP was precisely hee haw.  It'll be interesting to see if we get any sort of crowd for this.  Feel sorry for any Nomads fans who would be looking forward to a nice wee Saturday afternoon at the Home of Fitba.

Any of you East Fife lads need any advice about getting to Dalymount or good pubs near the ground etc don't hesitate to ask...:thumsup2
I'm still waiting on official confirmation of when this tie will take place or have I missed something?

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Feel sorry for any Nomads fans who would be looking forward to a nice wee Saturday afternoon at the Home of Fitba.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. Even though they appear to not have much of a support, I reckon a few more than usual would have travelled if it was a Saturday. Let's hope their regulars can get the time off work 

Maybe not. Average home gate is 221. Live on the telly probably suits them.
image.png.545a380afec2b741eab2f78d5b9a4727.png

Don't get why the Welsh people don't back their own league more. That's pitiful for a top flight league, don't understand how attendances can be so poor

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't get why the Welsh people don't back their own league more. That's pitiful for a top flight league, don't understand how attendances can be so poor

5 biggest cities/towns in Wales: Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Merthyr Tydfil and Wrexham all have their top clubs in the English Pyramid. Rugby is the number one sport.

That leaves the WPL with the scraps. Apart from Barry which has a population of 50,000+, most of the clubs from that  list are from towns under 20,000 or are at best the 3rd placed sporting interest in the city.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

5 biggest cities/towns in Wales: Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Merthyr Tydfil and Wrexham all have their top clubs in the English Pyramid. Rugby is the number one sport.

That leaves the WPL with the scraps. Apart from Barry which has a population of 50,000+, most of the clubs from that  list are from towns under 20,000 or are at best the 3rd placed sporting interest in the city.

Barry is also about 10 minutes away from Cardiff. Lichtie won't remember that the WPL is a comparatively recent development.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Barry is also about 10 minutes away from Cardiff. Lichtie won't remember that the WPL is a comparatively recent development.

Yip. Hasn't been helped by some financial turmoil at a lot of clubs chasing professionalism.

I thought moving to a 12 team league and introduction of a licencing scheme would help avoid that, but there still seems to be the odd club almost every year.

What the Welsh League really needs is colt teams though, let's be honest.