2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

53 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I think  most East Fife fans are worried that it will be played midweek, which is not ideal for a part time outfit, completely understandable. 

Presumably also worried that if it`s played at a weekend then an important  league game will be moved to midweek. The 2 possibilities seem to be to have an away league game at Arbroath midweek which isn`t ideal for the 2 PT sides involved or perhaps worse for the club rearrange a home match against near neighbours Raith which i would imagine is a decent seller in terms of match hospitality etc and perhaps would lead to a financial hit if played midweek??

Anyway if its played as a midweek tie that would be a big disadvantage to East Fife and their fans as you acknowledge or if played on a different weekend there seems to be the potential to disadvantage 2 Scottish teams to avoid disadvantge for Bohemians. Neither of those scenarios seem good.

Edit to add none of this seems to be the fault of Bohemians but equally it ain`t East Fife`s fault either.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

If we were to reach the final (and a big if, especially given the draw), I reckon our crowd would be not too far off a first-team cup final depending on the venue, due to a combination of the excitement we have for our U-20 squad and the way they play, and the absolute apathy over our shambles of a first team, who are almost the polar opposite.

Also, just chucking a question to anyone who might know...if we were to win it, would we be the only club to have won every domestic trophy? I'm not talking about taking into consideration any re-branding etc, I just mean top league and all 3 cups?

Edit - nope...Dundee and Dundee United have done it. Carry on...

Edited by Al B

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife/east-fife-cup-tie-set-to-be-brought-forward-1-4816204

Set to be moved to the 3rd of November.

Edited to add: As expected, the nifty little £15 each way flights for the original weekend Glasgow to Dublin are now binned, and we're way into three figures. Lovely stuff.

Edited by Big Fifer

Ah well that's Arbroath inconvenienced and brought into the debate now!!!
Wonder if they had much in the way of hospitality booked for our match???
I would assume that game has now been scheduled for the 17th or are we getting a midweek fixture that neither Club want???

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife/east-fife-cup-tie-set-to-be-brought-forward-1-4816204
Set to be moved to the 3rd of November.
Edited to add: As expected, the nifty little £15 each way flights for the original weekend Glasgow to Dublin are now binned, and we're way into three figures. Lovely stuff.

f**k sake.

That'll affect us too, our hospitality is sold out for the season. That'll obviously not be going ahead if it's a midweek. Reduced midweek attendance too. Might not seem like much but smaller clubs need all the help they can get.

If they can't play it they should forfeit. What happens if they get through?

f**k sake.

That'll affect us too, our hospitality is sold out for the season. That'll obviously not be going ahead if it's a midweek. Reduced midweek attendance too. Might not seem like much but smaller clubs need all the help they can get.

I think in solidarity Arbroath should play their "Diddy Cup" team against us in the rearranged fixture!!!
It won't matter to them, they'll still be trying to win it!!![emoji6]

Ah well that's Arbroath inconvenienced and brought into the debate now!!!
Wonder if they had much in the way of hospitality booked for our match???
I would assume that game has now been scheduled for the 17th or are we getting a midweek fixture that neither Club want???

Hospitality sells out quickly, 100 people £80 a head or whatever. Scrapped

Hospitality sells out quickly, 100 people £80 a head or whatever. Scrapped

Ah well, at least the Bohemians haven't been inconvenienced, eh???
I would hope that Arbroath will be looking for compensation from the SPFL for revenue lost through no fault of their own!!!

Pay attention... As I have stated Bohs told the SPFL about their contract situation and in return were told it would be delt with when/if the situation arose. So again this is not on Bohs so it's not their "tough shit".  And again just so we are clear, SPFL invited Bohs to this comp because every other Irish team said no thanks so why should Bohs be bending over backwards? 
You need to vent your anger towards someone else and not Bohs.
At what point in my post have I vented my anger towards Bohs? I thought it was quite clear I was having a pop at the morons running our game. That's not the first time on this thread you've made that statement either. You seem to be itching for someone to blame Bohs for this fiasco even though no one has made such a comment.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Ah well, at least the Bohemians haven't been inconvenienced, eh???
I would hope that Arbroath will be looking for compensation from the SPFL for revenue lost through no fault of their own!!!

Arbroath will be told to "do one" if they do. Clubs lose home games to weather or through an opponent's cup progress all the time. Such is life. The quarter final round date has a full fixture list anyway so someone was always going to lose a home weekend game. If the tie is indeed moved then Abroath's loss will be Airdrie's gain.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Reliable accounts suggest they told the SPFL that they wouldn't be able to play that date at the start of the season and the SPFL told them they'd cross that bridge when they came to it. Had they insisted on the date at that point Bohemians would surely have joined their compatriots in giving it a miss.

This one appears to be entirely the SPFL's fault. Shocker, I know.