2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

After all the trouble over the Northern Irish League Cup final the last 2 seasons - including the incredible delay in confirming Inverness's tie last season - you'd have thought everything would have been checked-out before this season's cup started.

Foreign invitees shouldn't be entering if they can't adhere to the dates - East Fife shouldn't be disadvantaged to help a foreign invitee.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

After all the trouble over the Northern Irish League Cup final the last 2 seasons - including the incredible delay in confirming Inverness's tie last season - you'd have thought everything would have been checked-out before this season's cup started.

Foreign invitees shouldn't be entering if they can't adhere to the dates - East Fife shouldn't be disadvantaged to help a foreign invitee.

I completely agree that East Fife shouldn't be disadvantaged but who knows what was said between the SPFL and Bohs. How desperate were they to get their foreign quota into the competition? Why would Bohs disadvantage themselves over this cup? 

Edited by Bohemian

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

As far as I am aware and have been told and I have no reason to doubt him, Bohs made the SPFL fully aware of the situation before the competition, why wouldn't they?

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I completely agree that East Fife shouldn't be disadvantaged but who knows what was said between the SPFL and Bohs. How desperate were they to get their foreign quota into the competition? Why would Bohs disadvantage themselves over this cup? 

Never seen anyone so angry about their team progressing in a cup tie as King Kebab is. [emoji23]

For what it's worth I'm glad we don't have to worry about any fixture rescheduling or squeezing a midweek away fixture in to Dublin and can just concentrate on the league.

We got absolutely pumped but we were obviously still trying to win, we'd used the challenge cup to give our squad and guys who weren't playing games the whole time we've been in it.

Still though I really don't think they would let Bohemians get their way. They'll be asked to play it as scheduled or to forfeit it.

There's a small doubt in my mind however, if they do that then maybe they'll be afraid of 'foreign' teams pulling out. For some reason I get the impression that they think everyone loves these sides in it so they'll maybe want to keep them on side.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

You know what's going on then you don't know what's going on.

No mate, I told you Bohs told the SPFL about their contract situation before the competition started after that your guess is as good as mine on what way it would be handled.

Can’t Bohemians not just extend their players contracts on to some sort of rolling contract for a week or so? The game shouldn’t be moved to accommodate Bohs’ and certainly not to a midweek game.

The competition is a bit of a farce anyway, and the draw itself was a bit cringeworthy too, but saying that if I still lived in Scotland I would certainly be keen for a weekend sesh in Dublin.

If Bohs’ can’t fulfil their fixture I’m hopeful Wellington Phoenix will take their spot.

Just a little thing as well lads, Bohs notified the SPFL about our player contract situation and were told they would address it when/if it happened.
That wouldn't surprise me mate. I've planned for 17/18 Nov all the same, that's the dates released and the powers that be will know that supporters will have to book travel and digs, no doubt they will give us plenty of time to do so before fucking us up and changing the date, our authorities are good at that and supporters are never thought off! Worst case scenario I will have a weekend on the piss in Dublin to look forward to.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We got absolutely pumped but we were obviously still trying to win, we'd used the challenge cup to give our squad and guys who weren't playing games the whole time we've been in it.

Aye, the Rid Galacticos must rotate their squad to satisfy the egos of  their superstars and meet the demands of their schedule.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

And they've rescheduled the Dundee Utd v Alloa game for the same night as Scotland v Israel.

Is the SPFL just a clown car now?

Don't know the ins and outs of this individual decision, but usually the clubs involved have a big say in the dates that rearranged matches are played.

My concern is that Neil Doncaster who first implemented this idea of the rUK clubs being introduced will be reluctant to admit this failure and will attempt to force through any old fudge of a solution no matter the detriment to EF in order to keep his challenge cup love child safe. The fact that he's apparantly said to Bohemians et al "Aye dinny worry aboot it lads, cross that bridge when we come to it" is the cherry on top of the crap sandwich that is this situation.

#weregonnawinthecup

My concern is that Neil Doncaster who first implemented this idea of the rUK clubs being introduced will be reluctant to admit this failure and will attempt to force through any old fudge of a solution no matter the detriment to EF in order to keep his challenge cup love child safe. The fact that he's apparantly said to Bohemians et al "Aye dinny worry aboot it lads, cross that bridge when we come to it" is the cherry on top of the crap sandwich that is this situation.
#weregonnawinthecup
Yeah, just waiting to see what clusterfuck of a suggestion the SPFL come up with. It would be ludicrous for them to ask a part time team to travel to Dublin for a midweek fixture. So no doubt that's exactly what they will do.

We had to travel to Peterhead sandwiched between a league game and a cup semi final and we didn't say a word and brought a decent crowd, fuckin whingers[emoji38]

What's your point? No one is complaining about the fixture, folk are concerned the SPFL bend over for a foreign side and by doing so make life difficult for their own side.

It should be a really situation. The SPFL should be telling Bohs the game is getting played on 'that' date. If Bohs can't fulfill the fixture, tough shit and they forfeit the tie.

What I expect will happen though is the SPFL will SPFL and move it to suit our foreign friends, East Fife will complain they will struggle to fulfill that date and they will be told to fulfill it or be disqualified (and likely a fine into the bargain).

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's your point? No one is complaining about the fixture, folk are concerned the SPFL bend over for a foreign side and by doing so make life difficult for their own side.

It should be a really situation. The SPFL should be telling Bohs the game is getting played on 'that' date. If Bohs can fulfill the fixture, tough shit and they forfeit the tie.

What I expect will happen though is the SPFL will SPFL and move it to suit our foreign friends, East Fife will complain they will struggle to fulfill that date and they will be told to fulfill it or be disqualified (and likely a fine into the bargain).

Pay attention... As I have stated Bohs told the SPFL about their contract situation and in return were told it would be delt with when/if the situation arose. So again this is not on Bohs so it's not their "tough shit".  And again just so we are clear, SPFL invited Bohs to this comp because every other Irish team said no thanks so why should Bohs be bending over backwards? 

You need to vent your anger towards someone else and not Bohs.

Edited by Bohemian

I don't really think it's that bad that the game gets moved forward a little bit to a time when Bohemians players aren't on holiday. Matches are always being moved due to weather or cup competitions. It seems far less effort for East Fife to play the game a bit earlier than it does for Bohemians to have to play when they're on holiday. 

Yes, it should have been organised better, but that's not Bohemians' fault. Moving the game forward by a week or so won't kill anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't really think it's that bad that the game gets moved forward a little bit to a time when Bohemians players aren't on holiday. Matches are always being moved due to weather or cup competitions. It seems far less effort for East Fife to play the game a bit earlier than it does for Bohemians to have to play when they're on holiday. 

Yes, it should have been organised better, but that's not Bohemians' fault. Moving the game forward by a week or so won't kill anyone. 

I think  most East Fife fans are worried that it will be played midweek, which is not ideal for a part time outfit, completely understandable. 

Edited by Bohemian