• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
algy

2018/19 Challenge Cup

On 26/09/2018 at 12:54, mrman2011 said:

Would the Challenge Cup be better IF

Its between all 30 SPFL Clubs (Outside Premier) together with Highland & Lowland teams (34 clubs)

Gives a nice round number of 64 teams involved, And everyone starts in the first round

Well yes, it would. But its fairly doubtful you would find a sponsor for it to cover the loss of the foreign tv monies so it may be uneconomic to run.

Well yes, it would. But its fairly doubtful you would find a sponsor for it to cover the loss of the foreign tv monies so it may be uneconomic to run.
Im pretty sure the competition survived when there was no tv money.

Im sure it will survive without it.

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Im pretty sure the competition survived when there was no tv money.

Im sure it will survive without it.

It survived in the SFL days because they subsidised it from central funds, something the SPFL will not do. It survived post merger because the presence of Rangers and then Hearts and Hibs raised profile and sponsorship. It might raise enough to run domestically, it might not. Its certainly likely the buttons prize money it brings now would be reduced further though. Its barely worthwhile now.

Ho hum, back to the real business of securing League One survival. All the best to the Staggies in the next round.

13 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Motherwell Colts dispatched Sligo Rovers 2-0 in front of a crowd of 950.

I can confirm Motherwell U20s actually pass the ball and play good football.

16 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Do we have to wait until Spring to be handed over the trophy or what's the craic?

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hoping for Bohemian/Coleraine/Connahs Quay away in the next round. We'll probably get Motherwell U20s at home.

yehbut - has anyone been to the County v Montrose game, and can they comment on the nature of the play, the chosen team and incidents of note?

23 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

yehbut - has anyone been to the County v Montrose game, and can they comment on the nature of the play, the chosen team and incidents of note?

We barely got out of first gear and were far too good for Montrose. Their goal was a horrific mix up front Fonts, Draper and Fox. Fox especially seemed to be in "fanny around with the ball at his feet" mode. No bookings, no injuries, some nice passing at times but like I said, we just cruised it for 90 minutes.

Paddies having a fucking meltdown.

Nomads 1-0 Colraine

Two men sent off inside 2 minutes.

Game put to bed in stoppage time, Nomads 2-0 Coleraine.

Half the Nomads players lucky not to have been hospitalised due to some of the tackles that went in.

Game put to bed in stoppage time, Nomads 2-0 Coleraine.
Half the Nomads players lucky not to have been hospitalised due to some of the tackles that went in.
Good, they are a shower of shitehawks.

Beginning to warm to this competition. That might be down to the celebratory V&Ts  kicking in however...

I know we are not welcome but I thoroughly enjoyed our match today, would be interesting to see Hastie against Alloa in the next round.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

I know we are not welcome but I thoroughly enjoyed our match today, would be interesting to see Hastie against Alloa in the next round.

I thought we were absolutely smashing. Shout out to Craigan for going baws oot with a 433.

Kept waiting for Sligo to kick up a gear but it never really happened. Granted there was the whole thing with them being delayed in getting over here but aside from a few lapses when we seemed to tire and get a bit slack with some passing I thought we controlled the game really well. Getting a relatively early goal clearly helped in that respect. First time I'd seen Rehman and I thought he did alright. Same with Broque Watson.

Each of our midfield three looked comfortable on the ball. Mbulu and Maguire were solid enough at the back and the full backs MacDonald in particular were really impressive.

Genuinely quite interested to see what happens with Hastie. IIRC his loan at Alloa is only until January. Do we keep him out on loan and allow him to be playing week in week out in the Championship or do we bring him back in and possibly reduce the amount of minutes he'll play but give him the chance of first team football.

Edited by capt_oats