• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
algy

2018/19 Challenge Cup

On 12/09/2018 at 16:40, Skyline Drifter said:

Sutton United got £3,500 travel expenses to go to Airdrie and another £10,000 to go to Bohemians. I would think there are better targets for your travel sympathies.

£10k! I have only seen £5k for the travel cots.

43 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

£10k! I have only seen £5k for the travel cots.

Totally unjustified expenditure on babies, IMO.

On 9/12/2018 at 16:40, Skyline Drifter said:

Sutton United got £3,500 travel expenses to go to Airdrie and another £10,000 to go to Bohemians. I would think there are better targets for your travel sympathies.

So the SPFL are paying an English club £10,000 to go and play an Irish club? Makes sense.

The Welsh (C4S) have always televised these games when they're at home.  They seem to take the tournament a lot more seriously than Alba.  I would have thought Pars v Wasps was a better contest than the Gayfield one but good to see them getting some coverage for a change.

It’s hard to tell what ties will be better because alot of clubs don’t really takes it seriously, our winger Denholm, who calls it the jobbies cup said the team were actually talking about throwing the midweek game up in Elgin to get some free Saturdays.

Dunfermline v Alloa might sound like more of a competitive tie on paper but either or could use it to give guys games.

Professionalism, an easy draw and the fact that we throw on everyone who doesn’t usually get a game has seen us cruise through to this stage though and we’ll probably be in the quarters.

I play football Friday’s and don’t make the effort for Irn Bru Cup games anyway because I really dislike the competition but it’ll be enjoyable to record the game on Alba and come home and watch it afterwards.

On 12/09/2018 at 17:06, Jack Burton said:

The prize pot last season was £335,200, can't find this seasons.

With 8 non-Scottish clubs now in the competition the travel expenses giving out must be fairly high. Where does this money come from?

Financially speaking does it even make sense to have these teams in the cup? I know money is received from S4C etc. but if it is just going back out again on travel expenses then what's the point?

Yes, the fact this promotes Irn Bru beyond Scotland's borders must have played no part in the decision and has no influence on the amount of sponsorship the SPFL receive. 

On 14/09/2018 at 13:44, Nowhereman said:

So the SPFL are paying an English club £10,000 to go and play an Irish club? Makes sense.

IRN-BRU and various TV broadcasters are paying the SPFL to pay an English club to go and play an Irish club.

Edited by craigkillie

Non Premiership SPFL + Highland League/Lowland League Top Flights of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Faroe Islands and Iceland + "National Teams" of Shetland, Orkney, Western Isles and Isle of Man makes 128.

Straight knockout tournament. Six rounds. Make it happen. I want my away day trips to Torshaven, Stornoway, Lerwick and Llandundo.

(ETA: Although I "want" them I know we'll get put out away to Airdrie United in the first round anyway)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

On 9/14/2018 at 13:04, Skyline Drifter said:

Suggest you look again then.

why the f**k is it £3.5k to go to London but nearly 3x that to go to ireland?   There is no way the cost difference is that big.

You have to fly or get a boat to Ireland, which is more expensive than a bus, and it's much more difficult to do it as a day trip because you have to sync up with those timetables.

I'm assuming the St Mirren Weans v QP match will be at the Feegiedome. Yes?

You have to fly or get a boat to Ireland, which is more expensive than a bus, and it's much more difficult to do it as a day trip because you have to sync up with those timetables.
Nobody is traveling to south England as a day trip, and anyone with any sense doesn't do it on a bus if they are returning the next day.

Would the Challenge Cup be better IF

Its between all 30 SPFL Clubs (Outside Premier) together with Highland & Lowland teams (34 clubs)

Gives a nice round number of 64 teams involved, And everyone starts in the first round

Take it County will only open the West Stand the Jailend for the game against Montrose? Weather looks like it'll be pish tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Take it County will only open the West Stand the Jailend for the game against Montrose? Weather looks like it'll be pish tomorrow.

I'd imagine so as an EastStand season ticket holder it's a novelty to watch us from elsewhere in the stadium. 

Must admit I my last time in the West stand I missed the hight you have in the East.

Would the Challenge Cup be better IF

Its between all 30 SPFL Clubs (Outside Premier) together with Highland & Lowland teams (34 clubs)
Gives a nice round number of 64 teams involved, And everyone starts in the first round

Like this idea.