2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Twitter is a great laugh. Mostly whinging about it not being a neutral venue because it's so close to Dingwall and it's unheard of to ever hold a cup final this close to one of the finalists (I mean, I must have missed all Celtic's recent cup finals being moved out of Glasgow). Others questioning why it wasn't at Ibrox, Celtic Park, or Hampden. 

Scottish final held in Scotland. People shocked.

Or even slightly more relevant to this competition, Rangers v Peterhead at Hampden in 2016!

Cannot believe the brass neck of these Connah's Quay diddies. I doubt anybody will give a f**k if they wanted to withdraw next year as a result of this blatant injustice from the SPFL. :lol:

9 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Or even slightly more relevant to this competition, Rangers v Peterhead at Hampden in 2016!

Cannot believe the brass neck of these Connah's Quay diddies. I doubt anybody will give a f**k if they wanted to withdraw next year as a result of this blatant injustice from the SPFL. :lol:

I see suggestions on Twitter to host it somewhere like Palmerston. Other than the fact that QoS are at home that day, that would probably mean you'd play a final in front of a 3 figure crowd. No, that's great for the competition...

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Plenty of teams have been handed a Challenge Cup Final closer than 11 miles from their home town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Results

I can remember seeing Hamilton fans walking across the bridge over the m74. To the second final.

28 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I don't understand this take. Surely the venue was discussed and agreed with both sides prior to any announcement? 

Why should Nomads have any say in the matter whatsoever?  Their manager seems a bit of a halfwit, to be honest.  I don't think the issue is any deeper than that.

Anyway, the way County are playing, it's far from a sure thing.

On 22/02/2019 at 16:49, yoda said:

No trains between Perth and Inverness that weekend :lol:

(I also booked my train to go home to Inverness for a week break for the Tuesday after this game - rather than the Friday before - because I assumed the final would be in the Central Belt and couldn't be arsed travelling back down on a bus for one game)

That's a shitter! Can you go fire up Friday night? Assuming that they're running on the Friday. Then fire down the East Coast route after the game or on the Sunday?

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

TV game on Saturday afternoon.

Unusual.

It was the same in the final last year. I recall because we were at Tannadice which meant I only missed the first 17 or so minutes as I chucked it on when I got in.

yes 
The game will be broadcast live on BT Sport, S4C (dual commentary) and BBC Alba (Gaelic commentary)
Strange again that BT are showing this (as they did the semi final in Dingwall) when they didn't have rights earlier in the season, and neither they or the SPFL released any statements to the press. I wonder if this means any more cash coming to the clubs, or if they've wangled something to get out of showing some league games (whixh would be bizarre given the TV audience they'll attract fot the Irn Bru Cup will be minimal).