2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

6 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
My concern is that Neil Doncaster who first implemented this idea of the rUK clubs being introduced will be reluctant to admit this failure and will attempt to force through any old fudge of a solution no matter the detriment to EF in order to keep his challenge cup love child safe. The fact that he's apparantly said to Bohemians et al "Aye dinny worry aboot it lads, cross that bridge when we come to it" is the cherry on top of the crap sandwich that is this situation.
#weregonnawinthecup

Yeah, just waiting to see what clusterfuck of a suggestion the SPFL come up with. It would be ludicrous for them to ask a part time team to travel to Dublin for a midweek fixture. So no doubt that's exactly what they will do.

Surely they can play this one at half time at Hampden during the Aberdeen Rangers semi final

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

And they've rescheduled the Dundee Utd v Alloa game for the same night as Scotland v Israel.

Is the SPFL just a clown car now?

To be fair I don't support Dundee United or Alloa but i'd probably watch that before I watched a Scotland game:lol:

On 16/10/2018 at 15:54, King Kebab said:

Especially when Arbroath and Raith "allegedly" fielded teams to, not so much get out of the cup but to perhaps ensure their non-involvement in it any further!!!

This thread is an absolute delight to read. Heads gone everywhere. Just caught up with this peach. 

This thread is an absolute delight to read. Heads gone everywhere. Just caught up with this peach. 

Don't lie, you were told about it yesterday!!![emoji23]

40 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The absolute state some people have got themselves into over this is genuinely remarkable.

It's not so much that it's a big deal, it's more the rank tinpottery of the SPFL inviting clubs that play a different calendar and then just hoping it would all be fine that gets me. 

It's not so much that it's a big deal, it's more the rank tinpottery of the SPFL inviting clubs that play a different calendar and then just hoping it would all be fine that gets me. 

It is quite a big deal in fairness. We're taking the hit purely through incompetence from the SPFL. Not the same as the weather calling it off or even being unlucky with who we were fixtured to play depending on who had made it through. United game on the 17th for example had to be moved to the Tuesday due to Alloa making it so far, this isn't the same thing

It is quite a big deal in fairness. We're taking the hit purely through incompetence from the SPFL. Not the same as the weather calling it off or even being unlucky with who we were fixtured to play depending on who had made it through. United game on the 17th for example had to be moved to the Tuesday due to Alloa making it so far, this isn't the same thing
You were going to have to move a game anyway, were you not? I thought there were matches scheduled for the original date. Not trivialising the hassle, just saying it's more the tinpottery than the inconvenience that stands out.

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:
4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You were going to have to move a game anyway, were you not? I thought there were matches scheduled for the original date. Not trivialising the hassle, just saying it's more the tinpottery than the inconvenience that stands out.

We were supposed to be playing Airdrie on the 17th. If the game is moved to the 3rd then it would be Arbroath who have to move their home game to a midweek.

I've got no idea if Arbroath will be given a say in this as presumably the SPFL have some kind of 'tough shit if your game has to get moved for a cup tie' rule. Can totally see where Arbroath are coming from being pissed off.

Even if the SPFL had said last week that Bohemians tie would be the 3rd of Nov should they go through then I imagine Arbroath would just accept that as the unluck of the draw kind of thing. I can see why it would be a bit galling to be put out by a last minute change like this though.

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:
Our game against Nomads is on Friday 16 November at Hampden, 1945 kick off.  Live on BBC Alba.

The Connahs Quay fans will be on here soon barking about the change in date.

I'm barking about the change right now. Already committed for that night. SPFL are basically just prostitutes now. Any trick you want if the money's right.