2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

Connah's Quay at home. Would have preferred away for the sesh but happy enough, at least it's something different. Wonder how many fans they'll bring up seeing as it'll be novelty trip to Hampden for them (although the SFA won't be happy we're playing a game there  a few days before the Israel match)

Probably live on S4C I reckon as well   

The outright arrogance of some of the Bohemians fans on twitter is almost at English fan level

They entered the competition

They know the dates, they don't have a fixture on the 17th of November so that's the date the tie should be played. if they cannot play that weekend then they not East Fife should forfeit.

14 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

In case the rest of the participants haven't yet seen this farce continue yet...

IMG_0581.jpg.e38ba088b678255bff72fc637ecb2dc9.jpg

Cheeky fuckers.....hope the SPFL don't cave in to this nonsense. Great trip for the East Fife fans, well jealous 

Cheeky fuckers.....hope the SPFL don't cave in to this nonsense. Great trip for the East Fife fans, well jealous 

You just know they will!!!
As to not do so would only bring attention to the farcical nature of this competition and the fact that the organisers actually invited Clubs that wouldn't actually be active or even better, not actually have a team to put out for the duration of the competition!!!

In case the rest of the participants haven't yet seen this farce continue yet...

IMG_0581.jpg.e38ba088b678255bff72fc637ecb2dc9.thumb.jpg.aec5def3b7863e3a6f41e835f402a108.jpg

Also what if this farce is brought forward and the happen to beat us surely they are going to need the Semi-Final brought forward as well to before or around the 26th???

So all the other Quarter finals will have to obviously be brought forward as well, as the SPFL will want to accommodate their guests otherwise their inclusion will look like a bad idea!!!

The semi-final is in February, champ.

The scheduling of dates is one thing, but imagine being absolutely fuming at having the chance to go to Dublin to watch your team.

Why should we be happy about having to travel to a foreign country (potentially midweek) to compete in a "Scottish" cup-tie???

And you can f**k right off with your stolen, piss poor attempt at being patronising "Champ" pish as well!!!

The semi finals are scheduled for the opening weekend of the Irish season

Imagine a team taking a free day on the opening weekend of the season to play in some foreign cup competition, the league in Scotland would never allow that to happen! :unsure2:

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The semi-final is in February, champ.

The scheduling of dates is one thing, but imagine being absolutely fuming at having the chance to go to Dublin to watch your team.

That's not what folk are fuming about, champ. 

If we play Bohemians on the date we're meant to (or a future Saturday down the line) I'm pretty sure every fan will be happy with that, especially if as SD above said the expenses for the team are covered. It's the rescheduling to midweek affecting peoples ability to attend, increased cost of flights if it's next week at even shorter notice, part time players ability to play/get time off, midweek games with travel when we're on a decent run at the moment, and of course the added nonsense that we're having to accommodate an Irish teams/the SPFLs idiocy of not having planned for this eventuality.  

But you know all that anyway.

The semi finals are scheduled for the opening weekend of the Irish season
Imagine a team taking a free day on the opening weekend of the season to play in some foreign cup competition, the league in Scotland would never allow that to happen! :unsure2:

Imagine CleverCraig not knowing that, glad I looked that up before posting!!!
Champ indeed!!!

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That's not what folk are fuming about, champ. 

If we play Bohemians on the date we're meant to (or a future Saturday down the line) I'm pretty sure every fan will be happy with that, especially if as SD above said the expenses for the team are covered. It's the rescheduling to midweek affecting peoples ability to attend, increased cost of flights if it's next week at even shorter notice, part time players ability to play/get time off, midweek games with travel when we're on a decent run at the moment, and of course the added nonsense that we're having to accommodate an Irish teams/the SPFLs idiocy of not having planned for this eventuality.  

But you know all that anyway.

That's why I said "The scheduling of dates is one thing" as part of my comment, because I agree that rescheduling from the original date would be inconvenient. However, King Kebab, in amongst his crimes against punctuation marks, has indicated on more than one occasion that he's annoyed about the prospect of playing away to Bohemians in the first place.

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Imagine CleverCraig not knowing that, glad I looked that up before posting!!!
Champ indeed!!!

I did look it up, which is why I knew that the IRN BRU Cup semi-finals were taking place during the dates already set aside for next season, and why I knew that your original post didn't make sense.

Well this is pretty farcical. The Irish clubs knew the round dates when they entered (or should have done). If they couldn't play on those dates they shouldn't enter. I can see East Fife being asked to shift to a different weekend for this which is a bit of a nonsense but not the end of the world. If they are asked to play midweek that's ridiculous and should be resisted as far as possible. However, if Bohemians have no players registered at the actual round date then presumably East Fife will have to actually agree to bring forward or Bohemians will need to scratch which makes a mockery of things. Will await developments with interest.

Hard to believe nobody thought of this before now.

I did look it up, which is why I knew that the IRN BRU Cup semi-finals were taking place during the dates already set aside for next season, and why I knew that your original post didn't make sense.

I don't think it's too mental for a fan to not be in love with the prospect of the club they support losing out financially because of this. If the costs are covered as SD stipulated earlier I'm sure KK will be one of the first to be uploading his #mandatoryairportpint photo to Instagram in a few weeks time before he boards to cross that narrow sea.