2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

As I've always said*, this is a fantastic tournament and Scottish football would be much poorer without it.

Part of me would love Bohemians or Connah's Quay away if I could get to it. But practically Queen's Park or Motherwell Colts at home please.

* I definitely haven't.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Bohemian said:
Where is the final this year lads?

Hampden, if you believe the Borehamwood chairman. Probably Livingston, St Johnstone, Airdrie or somewhere of that ilk. It'll depend who gets to the final.

Cheers

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hampden, if you believe the Borehamwood chairman. Probably Livingston, St Johnstone, Airdrie or somewhere of that ilk. It'll depend who gets to the final.

FWIW, the final has never been played on an artificial surface. I don't know whether that would make any difference in future, though it might be relevant that Broadwood and Airdrie have hosted many finals, but none since the plastic went down. 

11 hours ago, yoda said:

It's been held at McDiarmid Park every other time County have made the final 4U0m6pP.png

McDiarmid it is then :whistle

ICT’s last 3 were all there too, but bizarrely their first ever final was at Airdrie, against Alloa. Think that had something to do with only using SFL grounds at the time.

Hope you get your wish, we can do without the disruption and expense of having to play any of the foreign sides and I'm really not interested in, as some seem to see it, the thrill of having a pint in Ireland, would gladly take Motherwell Reserves before one of those sides, Edinburgh City or Alloa at home please if I have to choose!!! 
It's still a complete joke of a tournament which is a needless pain in the arse and a blight on the fixture list*!!!

*My opinion may change if we reach the semi's!!!

Bollocks!!![emoji34]

In case the rest of the participants haven't yet seen this farce continue yet...
IMG_0581.jpg.e38ba088b678255bff72fc637ecb2dc9.thumb.jpg.aec5def3b7863e3a6f41e835f402a108.jpg

They can f**k right Off with getting it brought forward as well!!!
We play the other "Top 4" Clubs and what will be a "New Manager Bouncing" Dumbarton over the next 4 weeks, I know which games are more important and it's not this sideshow in Dublin!!!
Think of the expense to the Club, yes I know they get some money from the sponsers, but added expenditure come from the Club!!!
Also if Bohemians are trying to get the tie shifted that would mean midweek, how easy do you think it's going to be for out PT squad to get time off their respective work to fly out to bloody Dublin for a couple of days midweek???
If the tie gets brought forward I think WE would be better forfeiting it, it was fun while it lasted but the competition is now showing how inane and worthless it really is!!!

You get £10,000 travel expenses from the SPFL for it.

How much do you get to cover the "outside" wages of PT players who have to take time off from their work to go to hastily rearranged midweek ties because opposition teams have accepted invitations to a tournament that runs beyond their "Contractual Season" and are now shitting it that they won't have a team and will try to pressure the organisers to have the tie brought forward and additionally f**k over the opposition???