2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

16 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Do we have to wait until Spring to be handed over the trophy or what's the craic?

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hoping for Bohemian/Coleraine/Connahs Quay away in the next round. We'll probably get Motherwell U20s at home.

yehbut - has anyone been to the County v Montrose game, and can they comment on the nature of the play, the chosen team and incidents of note?

23 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

yehbut - has anyone been to the County v Montrose game, and can they comment on the nature of the play, the chosen team and incidents of note?

We barely got out of first gear and were far too good for Montrose. Their goal was a horrific mix up front Fonts, Draper and Fox. Fox especially seemed to be in "fanny around with the ball at his feet" mode. No bookings, no injuries, some nice passing at times but like I said, we just cruised it for 90 minutes.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

I know we are not welcome but I thoroughly enjoyed our match today, would be interesting to see Hastie against Alloa in the next round.

I thought we were absolutely smashing. Shout out to Craigan for going baws oot with a 433.

Kept waiting for Sligo to kick up a gear but it never really happened. Granted there was the whole thing with them being delayed in getting over here but aside from a few lapses when we seemed to tire and get a bit slack with some passing I thought we controlled the game really well. Getting a relatively early goal clearly helped in that respect. First time I'd seen Rehman and I thought he did alright. Same with Broque Watson.

Each of our midfield three looked comfortable on the ball. Mbulu and Maguire were solid enough at the back and the full backs MacDonald in particular were really impressive.

Genuinely quite interested to see what happens with Hastie. IIRC his loan at Alloa is only until January. Do we keep him out on loan and allow him to be playing week in week out in the Championship or do we bring him back in and possibly reduce the amount of minutes he'll play but give him the chance of first team football.

Edited by capt_oats

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

We barely got out of first gear and were far too good for Montrose. Their goal was a horrific mix up front Fonts, Draper and Fox. Fox especially seemed to be in "fanny around with the ball at his feet" mode. No bookings, no injuries, some nice passing at times but like I said, we just cruised it for 90 minutes.

Nothing like being magnanimous in victory.

Lets hope Motherwell Colts get the hardest possible draw and get dumped out of the competition. They shouldn't have been in there at all, but a colts team going as far as the semi finals would really be a terrible thing.

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lets hope Motherwell Colts get the hardest possible draw and get dumped out of the competition. They shouldn't have been in there at all, but a colts team going as far as the semi finals would really be a terrible thing.

Not for Motherwell or their players it wouldn’t. 

We don’t make the rules. 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not for Motherwell or their players it wouldn’t. 

We don’t make the rules. 

I know it's not Motherwell's fault, but it's a disgrace that they are allowed in the competition and the colt teams ruin the competition. So for the competition it would be great if they were dumped out.

4 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

How do they ruin the competition?  

They have nothing to add to the competition, bring low crowds and are just used as development of players. A senior competition shouldn't be used for that, they should just stick with playing each other. Plus, I fear this is being used as a way to introduce colt teams in the lower divisions, which would kill lower division football. I can see no proper argument at all for these teams being in the competition in the first place. As I care about lower league football, I'd never go to a game involving any of them and I hope colt teams will be removed from this competition.

Give them to us. We are the unstoppable force at the moment.

#7inarow