2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

1 hour ago, qpsnapper said:

QP away to St Mirren Under 20's.

Good draw for us.

1. Better than even chance of progression (don't say Motherwell)
  2. Closer to home gives all our fans a chance to pack the wee shed this time
  3. Far enough away from home for all our fans to make some noise
  4. After Saturday all the lads will want to be involved, good for the league games coming up
  5. I've never been to New Love Street, or whatever it's called this week
  6. Chance to pump out another Colts team

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

As an Edinburgh city fan I want any of the irish teams, sutton or Connahs Quay away. Would be magic a tiny club like ours getting a road trip away involving plane travel. Thats a fans selfish point of view anyway. The club probably want a home tie to save the coffers a bit.. This competition has grown on me massively. Get the colts teams out of it and bring in more Highland,Lowland and clubs from Ireland, England and Wales 

If your plane is on the road Trackdaybob probably fixed it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, JessieField said:

Queens away to East Fife.

Are Kevin Smith and Pat Slattery still at New Methil?  Any other ex- QoS players on the books? I thought Kevin Smith was an ok player for us,  definitely not a Dobbie (who else is)  but better than the likes of Kean. Slattery was another player I felt back then could still have done a job for us even though an injury set him back a bit. Not a bad draw really IMO,  I prefer to go to Scottish grounds that we don't visit too regularly. 

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I take it you're not intrigued by Sligo Rovers' visit to Motherwell Under 20's? I'm sure the draw will be the talk of Sligo tonight.

Like most folk on here they aren't keen on the Colt sides being included. It wouldn't be any big talking point if either your colts or Sligo won the match, except in Sligo where there might be some embarrassment if you beat them. I think Motherwell Colts have a decent chance against them, but in honesty I would prefer the first team side to beat a colt side every time.

I was being a wee bit tongue in cheek while pointing out there is one tie between a Scottish team and a foreign club. I doubt the good people of Sligo would be getting excited about a trip to Motherwell never mind the Under 20's.
I don't think the Colt sides add anything to the competition. If anything it's a bit demeaning to ask a club from another country to travel to Scotland to play a club's Colts team.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Aye, just like the good old days eh?

Image result for england hooligans dublin

:lol: Can't see them bringing that many fans and we don't have upper tiers in Dalymount so think it will be alright..  Bohs casuals will sort them out if they do act up, they're propa naughty innit. 

10 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

Good crowd! I thought you played a weakend side in the last round? Is that likely to change?

Depends how we get on in our FAI cup match tomorrow night.  Only thing left we are playing for this season (in Ireland)

Edited by Bohemian

It’s wonderful. The cup is doing well and you shouldn’t be bigoted about it

It’s the logical conclusion for this absurd cup competition. I really hope a non-Scottish team win it. Then the media may do that ‘haud on’ thing they do occasionally and realise what a mad situation it is that a non-Scottish team is winning a Scottish cup competition.

22 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was being a wee bit tongue in cheek while pointing out there is one tie between a Scottish team and a foreign club. I doubt the good people of Sligo would be getting excited about a trip to Motherwell never mind the Under 20's.
I don't think the Colt sides add anything to the competition. If anything it's a bit demeaning to ask a club from another country to travel to Scotland to play a club's Colts team.

It's demeaning to ask any club, Scottish or otherwise to play a competitive fixture against another club's Colt side.

Sutton Utd are fair getting hit in the pocket with these draws.

I only hope we progress as it's a good platform to bring in players on the outskirts of the first team and those coming back from injury, other than that I think it's a nonsense competition.

Edited by ShaggysBeard
spelling