2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

Guest Landan Spiv

As an Edinburgh city fan I want any of the irish teams, sutton or Connahs Quay away. Would be magic a tiny club like ours getting a road trip away involving plane travel. Thats a fans selfish point of view anyway. The club probably want a home tie to save the coffers a bit.. This competition has grown on me massively. Get the colts teams out of it and bring in more Highland,Lowland and clubs from Ireland, England and Wales 

Full draw

East Fife vs Queen of the South

Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

Bohemian vs Sutton

Dunfermline vs Alloa

Ross County vs Montrose

St Mirren vs Queen’s Park

Motherwell vs Sligo

Connah Quay Nomads vs Coleraine

Meh.  No intriguing Scotland/foreign matches.  Two foreigners guaranteed into quarters. 

Edited by Raith_Raver

Happy with Montrose at home. One paper a weaker side than Raith, who didn't cause us that much trouble. 

Wonder if Bolo will get a chance to play at Victoria Park?

12 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Full draw

East Fife vs Queen of the South

Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

Bohemian vs Sutton

Dunfermline vs Alloa

Ross County vs Montrose

St Mirren vs Queen’s Park

Motherwell vs Sligo

Connah Quay Nomads vs Coleraine

Meh.  No intriguing Scotland/foreign matches.  Two foreigners guaranteed into quarters. 

Will be interesting to see what sort of sides some of those put out.

East Fife is a decent enough draw for us and, being a weekend tie with no midweek games around it, I'd expect us to play a full strength side, but we've lost there before and they just beat Thistle..................

You'd expect Arbroath to have too much for Edinburgh City.

Bohemians v Sutton is an interesting tie. I don't think either side played anything like their full strength side at the weekend in beating Peterhead and Airdrie. Will either do so now? No real idea which will be stronger.

Dunfermline v Alloa is a divisional clash. Pars should be favourites in theory but again it may depend how seriously they take it. They played a reserve side at Inverness in round 1 but played the first team at Boreham Wood. A one off to avoid embarrassment in England or will they stick to that now?

Ross County will be heavy favourites v Montrose whatever side they put out.

You'd think after winning at TNS Queens Park will be favourites v St Mirren Colts. Will the new St Mirren boss use a couple of experienced players and have a go though?

Likewise you'd expect Sligo to beat Motherwell Colts but they weren't exactly all conquering in beating Livingston's Colts in the last round and Motherwell will be better.

Connagh's Quay v Coleraine is another intriguing all foreign affair. Connagh's Quay got a good win at Falkirk but they are a car crash right now. Coleraine needed penalties to beat Formartine but then they beat Crusaders 3-0 the week before and Crusaders looked decent against us. I think I'd make Coleraine favourites but it's a bit of a stab in the dark too.