2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

460   Livingston 'B' v Forfar [rearranged]

Does the fact that it was free entry not mean there should be some kind of note set against it? I’d hate to give the impression that 460 would actually pay to see that game. Think there was about half that for he original pay at the gate tie.

On 20/08/2018 at 18:40, liam_barnett said:

SPFL seem to be slow putting up a full list, the ones we have confirmed from clubs at the moment as far as I can see are:

Thu 6 Sep 7pm, Dundee Colts v Motherwell Colts
Sat 8 Sep 1pm, Boreham Wood v Dunfermline Athletic
Sat 8 Sep 2:30pm, QOS v Crusaders
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, Airdrieonians v Sutton United
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, Arbroath v Annan Athletic
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, Dumbarton v Montrose
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, Dundee United v Alloa Athletic
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, East Fife v Partick Thistle
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, East Kilbride v Edinburgh City
Sat 8 Sep 3pm, Ross County v Raith Rovers
Sat 8 Sep 7:35pm, TNS v Queen's Park, Live S4C
Sat 8 Sep 7:45pm, Sligo Rovers v Livingston Colts

Just awaiting 4 matches now.

In todays paper that our tie against Bohemians is at the mercy of their possible Irish cup tie which is due to be played the same weekend, they play tonight & would be expected to win which means possibly them moving their next round to the Friday & coming over to Peterhead on the Sunday or mid-week which would not suit us or them or they could concede the tie which again though not ideal would highlight what a farce the SPFL has made of this competition

8 minutes ago, peternapper said:

... highlight what a farce the SPFL has made of this competition

I keep seeing references which suggest the Diddy Cup had some kind of glorious history which is now being destroyed. Can anyone explain when that golden period was?

I keep seeing references which suggest the Diddy Cup had some kind of glorious history which is now being destroyed. Can anyone explain when that golden period was?

I think it was the season we beat Sevco in the final.

On 24/08/2018 at 19:34, HibeeJibee said:

What... play Friday, travel Saturday, play Sunday?!?!

That's the kind of insanity you expect in tinpot leagues like the EPL, not massively significant competitions like the Irn Bru Cup.

17 hours ago, bendan said:

That's the kind of insanity you expect in tinpot leagues like the EPL, not massively significant competitions like the Irn Bru Cup.

Apparently we have been trying for a few days to find out when this game is going ahead. Bohemians have just told their support not to make any travel plans. Ridiculous situation again think last year it was Caley that were victims of a similar carry on. As a part time club we would want to keep midweek games down to a minimum as even although this time we are at home given the locations of quite a few players they would need time off work. We will probably go from filling a free Saturday with income from hospitality etc to maybe a Tuesday night or something with obviously less income through no fault of our own.

11 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Apparently we have been trying for a few days to find out when this game is going ahead. Bohemians have just told their support not to make any travel plans. Ridiculous situation again think last year it was Caley that were victims of a similar carry on. As a part time club we would want to keep midweek games down to a minimum as even although this time we are at home given the locations of quite a few players they would need time off work. We will probably go from filling a free Saturday with income from hospitality etc to maybe a Tuesday night or something with obviously less income through no fault of our own.

It's an unfortunate situation, but if it were my team, I'd rather be watching them play Bohemians on a Tuesday night than teams like  Annan or Albion Rovers on a Saturday.

Edited by bendan

10 minutes ago, bendan said:

It's an unfortunate situation, but if it were my team, I'd rather be watching them play Bohemians on a Tuesday night than teams like  Annan or Albion Rovers on a Saturday.

Possibly did not have a huge amount of glamour in the past but when it contained lower league Scottish teams it gave those teams a outside chance of winning a senior trophy, it has been downhill since the inclusion of Premier League 2nd teams & others from outside the host nation, now lots of teams that it was designed for do not want anything to do with it, more so supporters of those teams.

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Possibly did not have a huge amount of glamour in the past but when it contained lower league Scottish teams it gave those teams a outside chance of winning a senior trophy, it has been downhill since the inclusion of Premier League 2nd teams & others from outside the host nation, now lots of teams that it was designed for do not want anything to do with it, more so supporters of those teams.

Crowds have always been low for this competition, at least up to the later stages, and fans have always mocked it, so I don't think there's anything new in the idea of some people not liking it. It's the SPFL that run it, which is, in fact, the clubs, so they can always change it. 

• 2 weeks later...