2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

48 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What was U20s league has become Reserve league (can't recall off-hand if it has any minimum age quotas).

Challenge Cup 'B' teams were U20s, then U20s + over-agers and now U21s + over-agers.

Meanwhile:

266     Annan v Celtic 'B'

So if an Premier team, let's say Hamilton with a slim chance of winning the League or Scottish Cup, were progressing in the Challenge cup under the Colts flag, is there anything now with the new structure to stop them fielding some (or all) experienced players i.e. first team and boost their chances of winning the Cup?

11 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

Airdrie, are they any good?

Probably better this season but it is early. I have no idea about Sutton United either so are they any good. Mind you we have very few BNP voters but as to Brexit it depends who you run around with. Election results would suggest Airdrie was a "Remain" area but I suspect the Clyde guy is just looking for a bit of tribalism. I have always been against the changed format, especially the Under 21s, but I would go along to see this home game. The other trips for many fans are nonsensical but that is what our football organisers usually produce. 

So if an Premier team, let's say Hamilton with a slim chance of winning the League or Scottish Cup, were progressing in the Challenge cup under the Colts flag, is there anything now with the new structure to stop them fielding some (or all) experienced players i.e. first team and boost their chances of winning the Cup?
As Hibbee Jibbee said in the post you've quoted, the Premier "colt" (or whatever you want to call them) teams in the Challenge Cup Are their under 21s with 2 overage players allowed. So if by "winning the Cup" you mean winning the Challenge Cup, no they couldn't.

51 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Jesus wept!

You have already been told about four times its u21s with two overage players allowed. Its in the rules. 

Interesting tie for us which I’ll definitely either go to in person or watch on tv.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I really like the addition of the foreign teams. Just a shame that any improvement in the image of the tournament has been more than lost by the ‘Colt 9 + 2 reserve’ teams.

Colt teams gtf

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Can someone explain how Jacobs can play and captain livi colts team in this comp a don't get it.. 

Just read allowed two over 21,s... Really don't see the benifit to anyone the colts teams playing.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

Interesting tie for us which I’ll definitely either go to in person or watch on tv.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I really like the addition of the foreign teams. Just a shame that any improvement in the image of the tournament has been more than lost by the ‘Colt 9 + 2 reserve’ teams.

Colt teams gtf

Each to their own. As I have said before, no issue at all with the Colts teams being in it (though unconvinced about the +2 overage rule), but I dont like the addition of non Scottish sides. 

Fair play to Allan Johnston, the least controversial Pars manager I’ve known in my lifetime - sticking the boot into this farce of a tournament:

“My only criticism of this competition is why are these teams (English, Welsh and NI) not in it from the first round, and why are these teams in it in the first place?”

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

What kind of level are Bohemians? Are they full time? I see they're seventh in the league just noo. Had a quick look at their squad list but didn't recognise anybody.

Part time, All our players work, nowhere near the team we were 10 years ago. Only player of note that some might recognize on the team is Shane Supple who was First choice keeper for keane at Ipswich until he became disillusioned with English football and gave it up!

Not had European football for 6 years so our fans treating this as an excuse for a piss up  with the draw away to Peterhead not putting them off, should still be decent number regardless of the effort! 

LOI is coming into the final third of the season and with the fixtures coming up doubt Bohs will go with a full strength squad so if a betting man back Peterhead.

With St Pats rejecting the offer I’d say this will prob be last year Irish teams be in it

whats the prize money for winning it??? Or getting to final? Not that our teams would get to it