2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

4 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SHIRE 0 MOTHERWELL COLTS 3 . DESPITE LOSING  3 EARLY  GOALS a GREAT EFFORT FROM THE SHIRE IN NOT LOSING ANY GOALS IN THE 2nd HALF DESPITE HAVING TO PLAY THE LAST 30 MINUTES or SO 2 PLAYERS SHORT AFTER 2 INJURIES HAPPENING AFTER ALL SUBS USED. DESPITE BEING DOUBLE SHORT HANDED STILL CAUSED WELL SOME PROBLEMS. CHUCK THE COLTS TEAMS & NON SFA TEAMS OUT NOW !

That's an embarrassing result.  All caps won't change that, I'm afraid.

Always good to see a second string go somewhere like Inverness and pick up a win and put pressure on the guys playing regular in the league.

Still, I hate this cup. A mid-week trip to Inverness, who is benefitting from this? Soon it'll be pointless trips for clubs to Wales and Northern Ireland when really they just want to concentrate on the league. Most of the clubs in the competition are part time, there will be a lot of guys having to take time off their full time jobs for these long midweek trips as well. Get it binned.

ICT done me for decent coupon win last night as well, raging.

5 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

CHUCK THE COLTS TEAMS & NON SFA TEAMS OUT NOW !

It's not an SFA-run competition champ; it's an SPFL one. So if we're going to kick out teams for not being part of the proper affiliation then non-league rabble like yourselves would be straight out of the door as well. 

10 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

There was about 250 at Livi tonight before it got abandoned. 

Game to get replayed next Tuesday and is free entry. 

Is it free only if you attended last night? Or just a free gate?

I'm local and a right mean tight fisted type.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Apparently the first Dunfermline goal from the penalty was for a foul about a foot outside the area :lol: Wasn't at the game but disappointing to hear yet again that we had a lot of the ball but created very little. Iffy penalty awards or not, you aren't going to get very far creating f**k all. Classic ICT these days but that's what you get when you play with no width and lump aimless long balls forward. 

Edited by RiG

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That could have passed for a colts side from us so it's a good result for the youngsters, I reckon Matthew Todd could go on loan to a league 2, possibly 1 side and do well. 

I really hope so - he was my neighbour when he was a kid and he used to always come over and ask me to play football with him.  Taught him how to curl a free kick :lol:  Would take him at Cowden.

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Preliminary
   399   Fraserburgh v Inverurie
   147* BSCG v East Stirlingshire

First Round
1,046  Inverness v Dunfermline
   834   Queen's Park v Ayr
   680   Dumbarton v Morton
   636   Rangers 'B' v Falkirk
   496   Peterhead v Brechin
   480   Stranraer v Partick
   479   Raith v Aberdeen 'B'
   387   Stenhousemuir v Queen of the South
   344   Hearts 'B' v Ross County
   332   Alloa v Stirling Albion
   317   Berwick v Airdrie
   297   Hamilton 'B' v Clyde
   208   Kilmarnock 'B' v St Mirren 'B'
   182   Edinburgh City v Albion Rovers
   150   East Stirlingshire v Motherwell 'B'
  tbc      Annan v Celtic 'B'
  tbc      Cowdenbeath v East Fife
  tbc      Dundee 'B' v Hibs 'B'
  tbc      Inverurie v Formartine
abnd    Livingston 'B' v Forfar

tmrw   Cove v Montrose
tmrw   Elgin v Arbroath
tmrw   Dundee Utd v St Johnstone 'B'
tmrw   East Kilbride v Spartans

261   Cowdebeath v East Fife
         191   Dundee 'B' v Hibs 'B'

Always good to see a second string go somewhere like Inverness and pick up a win and put pressure on the guys playing regular in the league.
Still, I hate this cup. A mid-week trip to Inverness, who is benefitting from this? Soon it'll be pointless trips for clubs to Wales and Northern Ireland when really they just want to concentrate on the league. Most of the clubs in the competition are part time, there will be a lot of guys having to take time off their full time jobs for these long midweek trips as well. Get it binned.
ICT done me for decent coupon win last night as well, raging.
Aren't the rounds subsequent to this one all played at weekends?

19 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Exciting matches, good to see League, B teams and non-leagues into the next round to play the foreign teams

This competition is excellent, people crying about it will not change a jot... it’s staying :)

Clubs lose money hosting some of these matches and you're over the moon about it.  What a complete weirdo.

12 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Pretty boring for the first 55 minutes tonight, with a young queens team playing long ball football.

Bring Dobbie on and it’s 3-0 within 10 minutes.

I would probably agree with this. I thought Stenhousemuir competed well enough against Queen of the South without ever really threatening them (and, to be fair, Queens didn't have all that much about them either) but the match immediately swung in their favour when Stephen Dobbie was introduced 10 minutes into the second half. Not long afterwards, he volleyed home his first of the match and then his side led 2-0 and 3-0. I've seen us take on Queens twice in the last two seasons and while they're a pretty average team, Dobbie is galaxies above anything else on the park. He's such a good player to watch.

After the third goal, the match calmed down a bit and Stenhousemuir looked like they had a bit of purpose about them and popped the ball around well. Kevin O'Hara looks like he'll be a very good signing on the basis of his 30-minute showing - he's hungry, he wants the ball, he's good with it at his feet and his movement is quick and sharp. I think he'll be a good foil to Mark McGuigan.

No real failures for Stenny last night (although Jesus Gracia Tena should have got something to the ball just before Lyndon Dykes stabbed home the second). I've been quite impressed by them so far this season.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Is it free only if you attended last night? Or just a free gate?

I'm local and a right mean tight fisted type.

Don’t have any details tbh, it’s not confirmed officially but was tweeted by the local press guy who’s ITK. 

There was no tickets or anything handed out last night so would be impossible to know who was and wasn’t at the game last night so I’m going to assume it will be free for anybody.