Talbot v Lochee Lochee v Talbot

happy

Fair play to Talbot reaching the Junior final again which is a regular as their fans picking up their giro.......only joking [emoji3]. To think at the start of the season some were questioning the manager.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are just a machine and I hope some day Darvel can get even remotely close to what they have done 
well done talbot again and playing no fucker in the final 

Nae chance bellend ps Darvel are the no feckers [emoji23]

YASS!!! How does the fake bankie fan like that???? :lol:

Ehh [emoji848] me? If I’m a fake fan as you’ve moronically said a few times, why even bother to ask?

Don’t particularly care about your result but congratulations [emoji1303] you’ll win it again this year.

16 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Went along to this today, not much football on show from either team, a lot of long balls.Ref had booked around 5 players before the half hour and there wasn't a bad tackle. Worst one was a studs up challenge by talbot player in front of the home dugout which i thought he was lucky to just get a yellow. Closest Lochee came to scoring was when a talbot player almost turned the ball into his own net, should have had a couple before they finally made the breakthrough with around 15 minutes to go. Talbot well worth the victory.

Crowd would be near a 1000 i would guess.

It is difficult to play flowing football when one team are not interested in anything except stopping the other from playing. Worst challenge, are you meaning the ridiculous studs up Kung fu effort on the Talbot goalie? As for the crowd, word is it was a record crowd for Lochee, your estimate a tad low. Lochee found it just a bit too much for them in the end, good Junior people and all best in the future. Spent some time in Dundee centre, great town very friendy. Atmosphere at the game was tremendous in the sunshine, tremendous turn out for Talbot who were definitely the 12th man! Best day out in ages, EEKAPEEKA! 

16 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Thanks to all at Lochee who hosted fantastically, felt for the goal keeper who turned in two great performances. I heard today was a record crowd for Lochee. 

Was there over 15,000 at the game?

I thought about 1,800. The large home banking had the majority of the fans on it, but the Talbot side was well populated as well. Five Talbot fans coached outside the ground, lots like myself up in their own cars, and the usual diehards on the train. We'll have had 400 - 500 there. A lot of neutrals in attendance although there was a local derby at Dens Park.

8 minutes ago, TFW said:

I thought about 1,800. The large home banking had the majority of the fans on it, but the Talbot side was well populated as well. Five Talbot fans coached outside the ground, lots like myself up in their own cars, and the usual diehards on the train. We'll have had 400 - 500 there. A lot of neutrals in attendance although there was a local derby at Dens Park.

5 buses equates to around the 250 mark the fact 1 of them would be the players bus takes that down to 200. That train from auchinleck to Dundee must have beenough rammed yawwwwn

20 hours ago, It's a stramash said:

What impresses me is the whole set up at Talbot and how the whole village gets behind them. Every village or small town junior team COULD have something similar if their locals supported them the same way the Auckinleck folk do.

Its called Community Spirit....and there is still plenty of that in Junior Land in Scotland......long may it continue.....Eight out of the last 12 years your teams in the final of the Holy Grail  that tells you how Big the AUCHINLECK BOYS ARE..It would be nice to see the final in Ayr this year.

11 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is difficult to play flowing football when one team are not interested in anything except stopping the other from playing. Worst challenge, are you meaning the ridiculous studs up Kung fu effort on the Talbot goalie? As for the crowd, word is it was a record crowd for Lochee, your estimate a tad low. Lochee found it just a bit too much for them in the end, good Junior people and all best in the future. Spent some time in Dundee centre, great town very friendy. Atmosphere at the game was tremendous in the sunshine, tremendous turn out for Talbot who were definitely the 12th man! Best day out in ages, EEKAPEEKA! 

Did you happen to notice how many folk were in the toon centre,Isa?:huh: A rough estimate will be fine. :)

Congrats to the Talbot on reaching yet another final. A remarkable record for a special Junior club.  

Did you happen to notice how many folk were in the toon centre,Isa?:huh: A rough estimate will be fine. [emoji4]

Cograts to the Talbot on reaching yet another final. A remarkable record for a special Junior club.  

Special as in the kind of special that you’d be holding hands with on a day out at the park, feeding the ducks whilst spending the majority of the day wiping slabbers.

Archived