Talbot v Lochee Lochee v Talbot

happy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like whoever said Caballero was a spoof was right. It fooled me anyway. He’d been back in the city everyone and their dug had been seeing him so just assumed it was genuine, 40 is believable too.

As for Birse he got a shot for us under Paul Sheerin, was ok but just not good enough for the level. Had a few good games though, played out wide and was a few pounds lighter than he is now.

Remembered most for missing a 1 on 1 v Celtic in the Cup replay at Gayfield which would’ve made it 1-1. Decent save from big Fraser Forster though.

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

What's the proverb?

That’s just Hertha trying to be wide. Wouldn’t worry about it.

I was surprised but not shocked at the result yesterday. Any side that go to Beith and take four goals are not to be taken lightly. Having said that it was disappointing to see Talbot’s proud semi record of recent times being popped.

Still, like most I’m still hopeful of a turnaround next week. Talbot will take a big support through and, although their consistency has been suspect this season, this is the Scottish. For me they’ll face Hurlford in the final. Might take extra time but that’ll do. Mon the Talbot!

Thought Talbot maybe took Lochee a bit too lightly. But this is their third visit to Ayrshire in the cup and their third win. This tie's not over by any means but if your path to the final involves a one-off game at home against Talbot with a goal of a start then you'd take that every day. Pity the famous Thomson Park mound has been flattened. That's caught out many a visiting player in the past and gives the spectators a good laugh.

1 hour ago, Den Spark said:

Thought Talbot maybe took Lochee a bit too lightly. But this is their third visit to Ayrshire in the cup and their third win. This tie's not over by any means but if your path to the final involves a one-off game at home against Talbot with a goal of a start then you'd take that every day. Pity the famous Thomson Park mound has been flattened. That's caught out many a visiting player in the past and gives the spectators a good laugh.

Not sure who that is more disrespectful to.  Talbot by suggesting they’d be that daft and ill-prepared or Lochee by suggesting that’s the only reason they won the game. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Not sure who that is more disrespectful to.  Talbot by suggesting they’d be that daft and ill-prepared or Lochee by suggesting that’s the only reason they won the game. 

It's not been a season where there's a consistent team out there in the west. I still think Talbot will get through as they are more than equipped to turn in a big performance, yesterday had nothing to do with taking teams lightly just not there day.

Quite the reverse DS, Talbot sacrificed some firepower on Saturday knowing you are a top team.
Good game in prospect next week. Could go to a shootout.

Archived