Airdrie v Rovers

5-0 Airdrie and the smell of salt from the Rovers’ relegation tears to fill the air of the Excelsior stadium. 

In all seriousness will be a tight one with either team fancying their chances. If I’m correct we haven’t beat Rovers at home since 2012 and Rovers haven’t beat us at their place since 2011. 

"Without up to 10 players" Well a  positive is that we should  see Josh Edwards again. Absent since the East Fife game - where he was no better or worse than the others.  I think the boy  has great potential.

Anyway, hope there will be some players still trying to impress so that there's a game to watch.

1 hour ago, touchedbymadness said:

Rohan

McIntosh Brownlie McDonald Edwards

Fry RBrown Conroy Hastie

Russell Carrick

Subs: Kerr, Leighton, Truesdale, Cowie, Thomson, Brown.

Very young but wtf, play the hand you're dealt.   

With McDonald leading and no finger pointing and blaming others.

Rohan
McIntosh Brownlie McDonald Edwards
Fry RBrown Conroy Hastie
Russell Carrick
Subs: Kerr, Leighton, Truesdale, Cowie, Thomson, Brown.

Very young but wtf, play the hand you're dealt.   

That’s assuming McIntosh is fit. If not R Brown will possibly play right back with Fry going to CM and Adam Brown our wide. Think that would be the first time him and Hastie have started a game together, oh the joys.

2 hours ago, Airdrie00 said:

That’s assuming McIntosh is fit. If not R Brown will possibly play right back with Fry going to CM and Adam Brown our wide. Think that would be the first time him and Hastie have started a game together, oh the joys.

Think I'd rather have Truesdale instead

Only one team with anything to play for, Airdrie with some individuals perhaps looking to nail a contract offer but that doesn't mean a good team performance especially one with as many changes as ours.

I don't normally like predictions but I'm seeing a scudding from the rovers in front of a very low attendance. Why am I going again?

Uh oh Mike Roncone is today's match ref- I believe he practices very hard at being shite.

With Airdrie safe(they were never in any real danger) and with a decent home record they have a chance to relax and play a bit of football. As far as Rovers are concerned I still think the players are playing for the manager our problem is that more than half the team are not L1 standard. With Forfar having a cushion we really are playing to secure the relegation play off but I still expect an uphill struggle. Sadly this will be the last Derby for a while which is bad financially for both clubs. File under "that's football".

30 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:
Couldn’t be bothered going today and watching a meaningless match. What was the attendance?

1 less than it could have been.

Two less, I couldn't be arsed either.

Archived