Playing the Shame Game

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing an already-relegated Airdrie on the final day, we only needed to avoid defeat to avoid the prospect of relegation.

We lost and were relegated.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Playing an already-relegated Airdrie on the final day, we only needed to avoid defeat to avoid the prospect of relegation.

Made worse by the announcer fanny saying at the start of the second half “it’s the final 45 minutes of the season”.

Saw us lose to Burntisland Shipyard too. 

Touch wood, in our 24 year existence we haven’t had many banana skins that we’ve lost.

The only one I can think of was losing 2-1 to Queens Park at home in the cup at the start of 2003/2004.  The year we got promoted to the SPL.

Losing 1-0 to Alloa, a team two divisions below us, in the League Cup last season without laying a glove on them for the entire match was pretty bad. That was when it really started to become clear that Foran didn't have a clue what he was doing, that in signing Scott Boden he'd given a three year contract to a complete imposter, that Billy King was pretty shite too, and that we were in all probability going to drop out of the top flight like a stone. 

f**k sake had a post typed out and somehow made it disappear....

Anyway... In the past, losing 6 (six) 1 at home to Clyde on manky wet night amongst the most turgid season I can remember.

In the present... Losing 3-0 at Tannadice in Laszlos first game. It was 3 going on 8, we were at peak shambles that day. Pre January clear out it was so clear that there were players out there not the least bit interested in avoiding humiliation. Really was painful viewing.

That Hamilton game a few years ago. Some morons amongst our support clapped the team off the pitch too :lol: 

We had a great shame game last season away at Ayr after they beat us which led to O’Ware being dragged away from the support by his team mates telling us “all yous do is fucking boo us, f**k off” or something along those lines. Fans were unhappy at an incredibly shite start to the season and weak squad, the following week or 2 we sign Gavin Gunning and Andy Murdoch and our season was excellent until March/April. 

Conceding a 90th minute winner to Albion Rovers denying the opportunity of a lucrative cup tie with Celtic.

Failing to Score and losing on penalties to East Kilbride at Home.

Being the last team to lose to Gary Locke’s Raith Rovers featuring a Rudi Skacel assist after bombarding their goal all game.

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Ironically Falkirk fans favourite era

Your favourite Pars era or favourite Falkirk era? 

On other teams I remember the first time I read about the Hammerby game on here, sounded like a real life horror story. 

On a similar note I'd put Dunfermline conceding two goals to Hafnafjordur as the worst, brutal. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

We lost and therefore went in to the playoffs. Where we lost to Alloa in the final and were relegated.

Which brings me on to another playoff game. Another final. Second leg, East End Park vs Cowdenbeath. 

We lost and therefore went in to the playoffs. Where we lost to Alloa in the final and were relegated.
Which brings me on to another playoff game. Another final. Second leg, East End Park vs Cowdenbeath. 

I know the Airdrie game didn't relegate us, I was just highlighting that relegation wouldn't have been a possibility if we'd done the seemingly-simple task of not losing to them.

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Your favourite Pars era or favourite Falkirk era? 

On other teams I remember the first time I read about the Hammerby game on here, sounded like a real life horror story. 

On a similar note I'd put Dunfermline conceding two goals to Hafnafjordur as the worst, brutal. 

That game was horrible. People chucking programs away and coming away properly raging at Hay after only two games in charge. I think it was the realisation that after Calderwood an era was over. We had a great side still and beaten by well organised amateurs.

Archived