Playing the Shame Game

I remember this, pretty sure it was a young Polish lad egged on by his mates.

It was quite strange. He clearly expected to be stopped by a steward quickly after he jumped the wall, his march towards the falkirk fans got slower and slower as he wondered where the f**k they were, resulting in him stopping 10 yards into their half when he could have at least reached the box, probably got pretty close to the away stand if he ran.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Are Falkirk the only side where fans actually ran their manager out of town? (Lambie)

Was that when he was run off the road on his way home?

Heard Massone was chased round the stadium carpark by a Livi fan, and he was shouting to Liam Fox to come and help him, but Fox told him to go f**k himself.:lol:

Bet he was wishing he'd paid our players wages.

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

This has been an excellent thread, but I feel I should add that when Morton fans are using 'shame game' it's not necessarily about what's happening on the pitch.

For example, the 4-0 defeat at Inverness in the cup in 13/14 doesn't even register when talking about bad Morton results: it wouldn't even be in the top five for that season alone. However, due to the fact fights broke out in the crowd to the extent that the stewards actually had to form a segregation line up the middle of the Morton support, that had a shame game rating of 8/10.*

*Points deducted due to lacking a pitch invasion or police horses on the pitch.

10 hours ago, virginton said:

A 'shame game' isn't your teams worst or humiliating result - a 'shame game' is when the atmosphere between the fans and the players/the fans and the board/the players and each other/the fans with each other descends into utterly poisonous infighting.

10 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

As others have said, an embarrassing defeat does not a shame game make. It takes more than that.

Sometimes it's the game, after a run of poor games, that is the straw that finally breaks the camel's back, when enough is enough and the players/managers/board/other fans get told in no uncertain terms where they are going wrong. 'Poison' was the correct term, things have to turn downright ugly for the shame game rating to go up, with scenes such as:

• Players trying to get into the stand to fight fans.
  • Fans trying to get onto the pitch to fight players.
  • Players/Management/Board getting a vitriolic hounding.
  • Fans trying to get into the dressing room to continue the hounding/fighting.
  • Fans fighting fans.
  • Stewards, police, horses intervening to separate fans from players, fans from staff, fans from other fans.

The Hamilton 10-2 game, while totally shameful and embarrassing for all involved, doesn't even merit inclusion on a Morton shame game list as it passed all too peacefully as nobody really gave a shit by that point.

Failure to meet any of the above criteria is drawing me to the conclusion that none of your clubs are despicable enough to compete with The Famous.

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Surprised not to see more mentions of Kenny era games, the whole club was split at that time, players were split between old guard and imports, fans split on kenny 'nice man being let down by players' or dreadful manager who can't organise or motivate players .

I thankfully missed the 5-0, 4-0, 3-0 games. The one that sticks in my mind tho was the 2-1 defeat to Clyde earlier in the season. It's far to often said that any team struggling for form are not trying or don't care. But that day the performance absolutely deserved such statements.

Bamba thought he was messi because he'd just got back from international duty and had Drogba fill his head with nonsense. Aging stevie Crawford desperately tried to become a box to box midfielder. Labonte gave the fans the finger at the end. And the arguments over who to blame occurred during the game and as fans left.

I've blocked out most of the Kenny era from my mind, all I remember is Dorus De Vries being a god, the scottish cup and winning at love street, all to a backing track of teenage kicks.

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite Naysmith bleating about booing of our players, I don't actually think our support has much of a track record for creating a poisonous atmosphere of dissent at games.

We've tended to accept relegation or unpopular boardroom decisions by grumbling.  The Harkness years provoked anger, but I don't remember much in the way of overt displays of it at Palmerston.  Others might be able to recall more disquiet in away games over that period.

I'm oddly envious of the clubs where it's got more animated.

The Harkness years prompted me to write a stiffly worded letter to The Standard.

10 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Failure to meet any of the above criteria is drawing me to the conclusion that none of your clubs are despicable enough to compete with The Famous.

Aye - the famous grousers:P

Started this post on Thursday night before falling asleep and hadn't the chance to get back to it. Dunning, vT and Jamie have covered a lot of it, as well as explaining the criteria, which the Morton fans generally meet with ease on most occasions.

Peterhead 4-1 Morton (Scottish Cup 3rd Round, 27/1/01)

We hadn't long gone into administration by this point, but even still, were a First Division club against a team spending their first season in the SFL and got absolutely hosed.  A long journey, a lot of drink, a rancid performance, a cup upset and a hell of a lot of infighting amongst the support led to a pretty  horrible atmosphere that day.

Morton 1-4 Forfar (Second Division, 9/4/02)

A truly abysmal night. Dylan Kerr scored a cracking free kick for us, and then proceeded to gift Forfar all four of their goals, all but confirming relegation to the Third Division. He took it stinking off the Cowshed that night, and quite rightly so.

Hamilton 6-1 Morton (Second Division, 10/4/04)

Both teams going for second place and automatic promotion behind Airdrie who are stretching away after we blew a seemingly unassailable lead. Pumped. Our goal was an injury time consolation. The betting rumours kicked off after this game.

Dumbarton 3-0 Morton (Second Division, 1/5/04)

The day it all came to a head. Derek Collins was sent off, we were absolutely hammered, there were apparently Morton fans in the tunnel abusing the players, Peter Weatherson was in tears in the dressing room and Marco Maisano had to be dragged off my mate in the car park after he asked him if he was off to collect his winnings.

Morton 1-4 Stenhousemuir (Second Division, 8/5/04)

I can't remember much about this game itself, but after the previous week's fiasco we had the chance to secure promotion by merely beating already relegated Stenhousemuir at home. Surely even Morton couldn't have blown that one? As a result we then took it out of our own hands going into the last day against Airdrie.

Stranraer 1-1 Morton (Second Division, 30/4/05)

In a particularly weak league, Stranraer needed a point in the penultimate game to go up at our expense behind champions Brechin. They got it after an outstanding goal from Allan Jenkins in front of a massive Morton support. Fighting in the away end of the ground and a tremendous bust up between the fans and a kebab shop owner in the shop across from the social club in the town centre. The train journey home was a sight to behold too.

Peterhead 1-0 Morton (First Division Play Off Semi Final Second Leg 6/5/06)

The first season of the play offs in their current form. Gretna had strolled the league, but Morton were so comfortably in front of the rest that it would've felt terribly unjust of we hadn't gone up through the play offs. So, over 180 minutes, we had zero shots on target and succumbed to a penalty in a truly dreadful game. Jim McInally decided to play Kenny McLean in something like his second start for the club in our biggest game of the season, there were fans on the park trying to fight players, Andy McLaren taking it particularly tight, at a time in which, if you read his autobiography, his life was falling apart. Jim McInally claimed afterwards that he was abused by Morton fans in front of his wife and kids in the car park- he wasn't. He was asked if he was going to stand by his promise to resign in front of the Chief Executive, who wasn't his wife, nor was she one of his weans, if we didn't win promotion. He didn't resign.

Stirling Albion 2-1 Morton (Second Division 17/3/07)

This is a more personal one for me. Morton were on course to win the title, but the cracks were showing, and a defeat against nearest challengers Stirling Albion, inspired by Robert Snodgrass didn't help. Chris Templeman (never a favourite of mine) was imperious that day, but on a booking. So McInally decided to replace him with Dean Keenan who proceeded to gift both goals to Stirling and then (IIRC) get himself taken off again. Tit. I proceeded to wait in the car park for a chat with McInally and didn't cover myself in glory.

Ross County 4-1 Morton (Challenge Cup Semi Final 12/10/08)

A pretty dreadful start to the season was only punctuated by a couple of decent cup runs, including an early season League Cup win at Hibs. By this stage though, we were out the League Cup and floundering badly in the league. We'd been up at Dingwall the previous week and taken a 3-0 hammering and this wasn't to get any better. The usual combination of a long journey, drink, a crap performance and people who just don't like each other ended up in yet more scrapping on the terraces.

Motherwell 6-0 Morton (Scottish Cup 5th Round 4/2/12)

We'd started this season on fire, and of course the notorious "Great feeling at Cappielow" thread was spawned at the time. The wheels had well and truly come off though and we were 5-0 down in no time, in front of a pretty big travelling support (for the first ten minutes at least until they pissed off to the pub). Motherwell let us off big time  in the second half, they could have had as many as they wanted. Whilst the players took a lot of abuse, the main trouble was between the pavement dancers on both sides outside the Jack Daniels pub. Highlight of the day for me was getting a picture with the mates at one of Scotland's cultural landmarks- the incest lift where that boy rode his sister at Motherwell station.

Cowdenbeath 5-1 Morton (Championship 19/10/13)

We hadn't lost a league game at Central Park since the early sixties I think, but this was a special Morton team, and just over three weeks after pumping Celtic in their own bin, we were treated to a performance that epitomised the real Morton of that season. The lack of segregation didn't help, with neither set of fans ever getting on, and the stewards not helping as they seemed to want more of a fight with our lot than the home fans did. We later lost 3-0 there that season. Both games give me the fear looking back.

Inverness 4-0 Morton (Scottish Cup 4th Round 30/11/13)

VT's already alluded to this one. A line of stewards segregating the Morton fans was a new low. The game itself wasn't particularly eventful, nor was the result unexpected, but again, drink, a long journey, resentment that had dragged on from the past between fans and frustration at what was turning out to be an abysmal season all contributed. Things have actually improved since then, although this forum might suggest otherwise.

Dumbarton 2-0 Morton (Championship 4/1/14)

This was bad, really bad. Even in a bad season, you still always hold the hope that you might be able to turn it around, especially with the transfer window just opening. But nah, there was no way back after this. The atmosphere was poisonous, the worst since Dumbarton ten years previous, with Marc Fitzpatrick being the butt of the abuse and his dad kicking off with his abusers. There were plenty of other incidents and a magnificent thread on our forum highlights it in more depth.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41701

Hamilton 10-2 Morton (Championship 3/5/14)

It did pass without incident in the crowd, but this game can't be ignored, in spite of that. I was actually confident going into it, having seen us beat Dundee and drawn with Falkirk in the previous two games. Two down after three minutes or so and the mood changed quickly, although I also felt that we could've scored at any point ourselves, and it should be remembered that Dougie Imrie's two goals were absolute screamers. It was surreal to watch as the goals started flying in though, and ultimately, a scar on the club that will never go away. The only positive to take is that nobody in the future will ever be able to tell those who were there that "this is the worst ever". Only doing a Rangers could possibly be worse.

Spartans 2-1 Morton (Scottish Cup 4th Round 29/11/14)

This just shouldn't have happened. We'd had a difficult start to the season but were beginning to get our sh*t together and had got to the top of the league. What bothered me most about the game was that Aberdeen didn't allow us to play Declan McManus in case he was cup tied, but they were knocked out earlier in the day. I'd have hoped that there was a way he could have been included in the squad an hour before kick off, but no. 1-0 up at half time though, even with a young keeper, there was no excuse for our late capitulation. It ended up with the usual drunk fans flinging their handbags at each other, but whilst arguably our most embarrassing result, it was tame compared to the others above.

Ayr United 2-1 Morton (Championship 10/9/16)

Probably not the most obvious example of a shame game, but it wasn't a good start to the season and Duffy hadn't had a good summer transfer window.  The performance was stinking and a lot of folk began to fear a relegation battle. There's an argument that the abuse at that early stage was premature, but Duffy reacted by bringing in Gunning and Murdoch, so that vindicated it in my mind.

The only possible example from this season is Brechin in January, but that didn't scratch the surface and was a bit of a storm in a teacup.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Started this post on Thursday night before falling asleep and hadn't the chance to get back to it. Dunning, vT and Jamie have covered a lot of it, as well as explaining the criteria, which the Morton fans generally meet with ease on most occasions.

Peterhead 4-1 Morton (Scottish Cup 3rd Round, 27/1/01)

We hadn't long gone into administration by this point, but even still, were a First Division club against a team spending their first season in the SFL and got absolutely hosed.  A long journey, a lot of drink, a rancid performance, a cup upset and a hell of a lot of infighting amongst the support led to a pretty  horrible atmosphere that day.

Morton 1-4 Forfar (Second Division, 9/4/02)

A truly abysmal night. Dylan Kerr scored a cracking free kick for us, and then proceeded to gift Forfar all four of their goals, all but confirming relegation to the Third Division. He took it stinking off the Cowshed that night, and quite rightly so.

Hamilton 6-1 Morton (Second Division, 10/4/04)

Both teams going for second place and automatic promotion behind Airdrie who are stretching away after we blew a seemingly unassailable lead. Pumped. Our goal was an injury time consolation. The betting rumours kicked off after this game.

Dumbarton 3-0 Morton (Second Division, 1/5/04)

The day it all came to a head. Derek Collins was sent off, we were absolutely hammered, there were apparently Morton fans in the tunnel abusing the players, Peter Weatherson was in tears in the dressing room and Marco Maisano had to be dragged off my mate in the car park after he asked him if he was off to collect his winnings.

Morton 1-4 Stenhousemuir (Second Division, 8/5/04)

I can't remember much about this game itself, but after the previous week's fiasco we had the chance to secure promotion by merely beating already relegated Stenhousemuir at home. Surely even Morton couldn't have blown that one? As a result we then took it out of our own hands going into the last day against Airdrie.

Stranraer 1-1 Morton (Second Division, 30/4/05)

In a particularly weak league, Stranraer needed a point in the penultimate game to go up at our expense behind champions Brechin. They got it after an outstanding goal from Allan Jenkins in front of a massive Morton support. Fighting in the away end of the ground and a tremendous bust up between the fans and a kebab shop owner in the shop across from the social club in the town centre. The train journey home was a sight to behold too.

Peterhead 1-0 Morton (First Division Play Off Semi Final Second Leg 6/5/06)

The first season of the play offs in their current form. Gretna had strolled the league, but Morton were so comfortably in front of the rest that it would've felt terribly unjust of we hadn't gone up through the play offs. So, over 180 minutes, we had zero shots on target and succumbed to a penalty in a truly dreadful game. Jim McInally decided to play Kenny McLean in something like his second start for the club in our biggest game of the season, there were fans on the park trying to fight players, Andy McLaren taking it particularly tight, at a time in which, if you read his autobiography, his life was falling apart. Jim McInally claimed afterwards that he was abused by Morton fans in front of his wife and kids in the car park- he wasn't. He was asked if he was going to stand by his promise to resign in front of the Chief Executive, who wasn't his wife, nor was she one of his weans, if we didn't win promotion. He didn't resign.

Stirling Albion 2-1 Morton (Second Division 17/3/07)

This is a more personal one for me. Morton were on course to win the title, but the cracks were showing, and a defeat against nearest challengers Stirling Albion, inspired by Robert Snodgrass didn't help. Chris Templeman (never a favourite of mine) was imperious that day, but on a booking. So McInally decided to replace him with Dean Keenan who proceeded to gift both goals to Stirling and then (IIRC) get himself taken off again. Tit. I proceeded to wait in the car park for a chat with McInally and didn't cover myself in glory.

Ross County 4-1 Morton (Challenge Cup Semi Final 12/10/08)

A pretty dreadful start to the season was only punctuated by a couple of decent cup runs, including an early season League Cup win at Hibs. By this stage though, we were out the League Cup and floundering badly in the league. We'd been up at Dingwall the previous week and taken a 3-0 hammering and this wasn't to get any better. The usual combination of a long journey, drink, a crap performance and people who just don't like each other ended up in yet more scrapping on the terraces.

Motherwell 6-0 Morton (Scottish Cup 5th Round 4/2/12)

We'd started this season on fire, and of course the notorious "Great feeling at Cappielow" thread was spawned at the time. The wheels had well and truly come off though and we were 5-0 down in no time, in front of a pretty big travelling support (for the first ten minutes at least until they pissed off to the pub). Motherwell let us off big time  in the second half, they could have had as many as they wanted. Whilst the players took a lot of abuse, the main trouble was between the pavement dancers on both sides outside the Jack Daniels pub. Highlight of the day for me was getting a picture with the mates at one of Scotland's cultural landmarks- the incest lift where that boy rode his sister at Motherwell station.

Cowdenbeath 5-1 Morton (Championship 19/10/13)

We hadn't lost a league game at Central Park since the early sixties I think, but this was a special Morton team, and just over three weeks after pumping Celtic in their own bin, we were treated to a performance that epitomised the real Morton of that season. The lack of segregation didn't help, with neither set of fans ever getting on, and the stewards not helping as they seemed to want more of a fight with our lot than the home fans did. We later lost 3-0 there that season. Both games give me the fear looking back.

Inverness 4-0 Morton (Scottish Cup 4th Round 30/11/13)

VT's already alluded to this one. A line of stewards segregating the Morton fans was a new low. The game itself wasn't particularly eventful, nor was the result unexpected, but again, drink, a long journey, resentment that had dragged on from the past between fans and frustration at what was turning out to be an abysmal season all contributed. Things have actually improved since then, although this forum might suggest otherwise.

Dumbarton 2-0 Morton (Championship 4/1/14)

This was bad, really bad. Even in a bad season, you still always hold the hope that you might be able to turn it around, especially with the transfer window just opening. But nah, there was no way back after this. The atmosphere was poisonous, the worst since Dumbarton ten years previous, with Marc Fitzpatrick being the butt of the abuse and his dad kicking off with his abusers. There were plenty of other incidents and a magnificent thread on our forum highlights it in more depth.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41701

Hamilton 10-2 Morton (Championship 3/5/14)

It did pass without incident in the crowd, but this game can't be ignored, in spite of that. I was actually confident going into it, having seen us beat Dundee and drawn with Falkirk in the previous two games. Two down after three minutes or so and the mood changed quickly, although I also felt that we could've scored at any point ourselves, and it should be remembered that Dougie Imrie's two goals were absolute screamers. It was surreal to watch as the goals started flying in though, and ultimately, a scar on the club that will never go away. The only positive to take is that nobody in the future will ever be able to tell those who were there that "this is the worst ever". Only doing a Rangers could possibly be worse.

Spartans 2-1 Morton (Scottish Cup 4th Round 29/11/14)

This just shouldn't have happened. We'd had a difficult start to the season but were beginning to get our sh*t together and had got to the top of the league. What bothered me most about the game was that Aberdeen didn't allow us to play Declan McManus in case he was cup tied, but they were knocked out earlier in the day. I'd have hoped that there was a way he could have been included in the squad an hour before kick off, but no. 1-0 up at half time though, even with a young keeper, there was no excuse for our late capitulation. It ended up with the usual drunk fans flinging their handbags at each other, but whilst arguably our most embarrassing result, it was tame compared to the others above.

Ayr United 2-1 Morton (Championship 10/9/16)

Probably not the most obvious example of a shame game, but it wasn't a good start to the season and Duffy hadn't had a good summer transfer window.  The performance was stinking and a lot of folk began to fear a relegation battle. There's an argument that the abuse at that early stage was premature, but Duffy reacted by bringing in Gunning and Murdoch, so that vindicated it in my mind.

The only possible example from this season is Brechin in January, but that didn't scratch the surface and was a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Some awful memories in there Toby. Losing 4-1 at home to stenny still stings to this day.

On 13/04/2018 at 14:25, Stellaboz said:

I don't remember that, although you were thrown out by the police at Tynecastle one time... and innocent!

I think from a personal viewpoint, the Celtic 1-8 game. Not during it, not even immediately after it. Got absolutely sh*tfaced, it was a Sunday and Legends had their pub quiz on. Myself and @DA Baracus were so utterly burst we were chucking pint glasses and chairs I believe at each other "for a laugh" upstairs away from normal people. Woke up the next morning and I had not only punched a huge hole in the wall above the toilet, but had smashed in the lightswitch in the kitchen. My parents weren't best pleased with that, especially my dad who made me get the bus to B&Q the next day to replace it. Worst still, I came back with the wrong type and had to make the trip again, with a massive spewy hangover.

In terms of at a game, I think our defeat away to Livingston with Davie Hay in charge has to be up there. There were a couple of thousand Pars fans there that day and I've never felt such a hatred directed at one man since. I worked in the club shop at the time and I remember when the news came through on the Monday/Tuesday after it that he'd been punted, there was an almost party atmosphere from the people that were in at the time (somewhat busy day for whatever reason) and people wanted Legends opened so they could celebrate and have a few drinks. All because he'd been fired.

@DA Baracus also chucked his scarf in a burn near Morrisons in Kilmarnock after our 4-0 pumping at the end of that same season when we almost got relegated on the last day, despite our 5-0 win against Dundee and subsequent famous win at Tannadice.

Hacken away was also pretty brutal during the game if I remember rightly... a punch up during the game and a friend of mine being started on by another Pars fan... which I missed because I fucked off in a drunken huff at being beaten.

You’ve missed out bursting Eva Larssons door lock in that weird room we booked in Gothenburg in your “angry” years! 

Think we’ve all mellowed in recent years though I do recall a game v Aberdeen in 2012 in our one season back in the SPL where we were 3-0 up and contrived to chuck it.  I was absolutely fizzing for at least a full hour after that one normally I’m pretty sedate regardless after the result.

the 1-8 reverse v  Celtic I saw in a pub in Plymouth where I bumped into a fellow Pars fan.  Became good mates and still in touch now as we recall the embarrassment of that game.  8-1 in the scoreboard, us two sitting in this pub with our Pars tops on and some couple walk in look at the tv (don’t notice us) and loudly enquire to the barkeep “whos that getting roundly fucked on the telly”.

harfnarfjordur was one I missed both legs thankfully as was living down in Plymouth.  Discussed with my dad who stupidly assured me that we’d pump them and I should come up for the next round.  I had teletext on in the office and was working that night.  Went onto the floor with 15 minutes to go, 1-0 up happy days, see my team in Europe in the next round.  About 20 minutes later my assistant manager says to me “eh u ok if I go home and u lock up?”  Strange she never asked to go home early but fair enough. Cheeky auld b*****d clearly had sneaked a peak at the final score but said nothing to me as she practically raced out the door after I’d agreed.  I got myself a cuppa and went up to check the final score.  Telly had been switched off...strange... put it on and watched in horror as it flashed up 1-2 FT.  I was in tears. I knew we were on the downward trajectory and very unlikely I’d see them in Europe ever.  Thankfully 2007 came around and I wasn’t missing that.

so two examples there but both I wasn’t present.  So for my example the winner can only be....

2006 league cup final v Celtic.  Which will probably surprise many considering the amount of houndings we’ve suffered over the years.  But that game I saw real anger. Leishman clearly shat it after the 8-1 debacle and playing Andy Campbell (remember him) on the wing as we meekly lost a final without laying a glove on them.   So negative and so limp and pathetic.  One of the few times I’ve used a supporters bus to get home and it was just like a morgue after.  Considering the build up before kept on about the 8-1 thumping I’d had it in my head that it would give Celtic a state of hubris and we’d catch them out.

Nope.

In 35 years of following City I had never seen us lose to a lower or non league team .I'd seen us lose 9 at Hamilton 93, 7 at Parkhead 85 those were embarrassing but freak results . I missed our defeat to 2 nd division Elgin last season so my record remained intact until Stirling and Buckie this season . Probably a sign of things to come . We lost those games not to inferior playing staff just bloody negative tactics .

I’d even add our trip to Peterhead at the start of 2002-03 in the 3rd division. A long drive through loads of roadworks with many Morton fans just making the kick off. We sit down to a completely inept display and are 4-0 down by half time with much anger vented at the players. The scorer of Peterhead’s 4th is sent off after his goal - a booking for over celebrating and a second for not going to the referee to receive his first booking.

In the dying minutes John Maisano and Alex Williams nearly come to blows over who should take a penalty (we’re 4-1 down). John wins and scores, but there were a lot of really pissed off Ton fans that day.

Williams would later win the same arguement at Firs Park - and missed the penalty.

On 16/04/2018 at 00:55, parsboi said:

Think we’ve all mellowed in recent years though I do recall a game v Aberdeen in 2012 in our one season back in the SPL where we were 3-0 up and contrived to chuck it.  I was absolutely fizzing for at least a full hour after that one normally I’m pretty sedate regardless after the result.

That was pretty painful but we were *only* 3-1 up. Aberdeen took the lead in the game and then scored two in the final 10 minutes.

2006 League Cup Final is often forgotten as an embarrassing result but that's one of the worst displays I've ever seen. Celtic were appalling and still utterly pumped us, with Dion fucking Dublin scoring the third. Incredible to think we were still "in the game" at 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That was pretty painful but we were *only* 3-1 up. Aberdeen took the lead in the game and then scored two in the final 10 minutes.

2006 League Cup Final is often forgotten as an embarrassing result but that's one of the worst displays I've ever seen. Celtic were appalling and still utterly pumped us, with Dion fucking Dublin scoring the third. Incredible to think we were still "in the game" at 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go.

You're right Poet about the Aberdeen one.  Maybe I haven't mellowed as much as I thought I had!

Archived