Clyde v Stirling Albion

Not quite sure what your point is here? It shouldn't have been a goal but was humanly impossible to interpret as such?

As the players, officials and fans saw it unfold once in real time and didn't micro-analyse footage for days afterwards before reaching a conclusion, let's just leave it at a valid goal decision then eh.
I like to think that the referee was positioned well and had the best view of anyone in the stadium.

I can only praise his forthright decision making.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirling got away with one at Forthbank in the last game anyway; at 1-1 the assistant wrongly flagged Boyle offside when clean through, as Goodwillie was standing in an offside position but not interfering. It was a dreadful piece of officialing.

8 minutes ago, David W said:

Stirling got away with one at Forthbank in the last game anyway; at 1-1 the assistant wrongly flagged Boyle offside when clean through, as Goodwillie was standing in an offside position but not interfering. It was a dreadful piece of officialing.

As was the disallowed goal for them at the time in fairness.

2 hours ago, David W said:

Officiating, surely?

49 minutes ago, maxruby said:

I remember a disallowed goal in 1973 versus Stirling at Annfield. Has that been cleared up yet? We lost 3-1 mind so I livid!

I'm told a decision on whether to replay the game is imminent.

For me the goal is off side.. think if it was a clear pass then fair enough but the stirling makes a challenge hopes for the best and jut happens to poke it to Boyle.. not a goal for me but seen plenty of dodgy decisions going against Clyde this season, that’s just how the cookie crumbles 

Guest TOPFITTER

Darron Gibson and Ant MacParlin looking to sign for Clyde and make use of their Offender Rehabilitation Programme, I wonder if International Clearance will arrive in time for them to draw the crowds V Stirling ?

8 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Not quite sure what your point is here? It shouldn't have been a goal but was humanly impossible to interpret as such?

As the players, officials and fans saw it unfold once in real time and didn't micro-analyse footage for days afterwards before reaching a conclusion, let's just leave it at a valid goal decision then eh.

My point is that only with the benefit of a slo-mo video can we see what really happened. The referee was much closer to the incident than anyone and should really have done better.

Still, swings and roundabouts. We'll get some dodgy decisions in the play-offs. 

So everyone has now came to the conclusion Goodwillie passed the ball through after just about everyone agreed the Stirling player had played it through, if Goodwillie managed to knocked the ball in the direction it went as  quickly as the ball moved he is even more of a magician than i thought.

Having looked at the goal yet again, I am still more than sure it was played to Boyle by the Stirling defender. Look at the referees position, he was right behind and in line when the ball was played, so he was in the best position to make that decision. Look also at the reaction of the Stirling players, why were they not surrounding the ref in an apoplectic rage? Look at Euan McNeill's reaction as he walks away, he knows it was a goal! The ref. also, to his credit, made sure all the defenders knew why he had made the decision and this seemed, to me, was why more fuss was not made about it.

Having looked at the goal yet again, I am still more than sure it was played to Boyle by the Stirling defender. Look at the referees position, he was right behind and in line when the ball was played, so he was in the best position to make that decision. Look also at the reaction of the Stirling players, why were they not surrounding the ref in an apoplectic rage? Look at Euan McNeill's reaction as he walks away, he knows it was a goal! The ref. also, to his credit, made sure all the defenders knew why he had made the decision and this seemed, to me, was why more fuss was not made about it.
No fault of the referee but i feel it gave us a taster of what it would be like with VAR.

No instant celebration of the goal. Sucked most of the enjoyment of your team scoring.

Archived