Loons vs Wasps

A win on Saturday, or if results elsewhere go our way anyway,  I hope the 1984 Lounge has stocked up on extra :guinness

Would be good for us next season if Montrose can do it, Arbroath don't ... ;) ... and with Brechin back in the fold, 4 "derbies" and a lot less travelling. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think QP will be out the picture at least on Sat. Possibly Albion Rovers as well but that would be greedy. Best stick to doing it ourselves and get a point at least Sat. Rovers away at potentially Ayr promo party final Sat as well.

Looking at this a draw suits both sides.
After Saturdays under par performance against Stranraer even for a draw Alloa will need to up their game considerably.

Unless injured Cawley has got to start gives us much better attacking options and much more direct. Hopefully Fleming rested from his suspension slots back in the holding midfield role which we have missed in recent weeks.

9 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

A win on Saturday, or if results elsewhere go our way anyway,  I hope the 1984 Lounge has stocked up on extra :guinness

Would be good for us next season if Montrose can do it, Arbroath don't ... ;) ... and with Brechin back in the fold, 4 "derbies" and a lot less travelling. 

If that happens it would mean bigger crowds for you, with all those derbies and with QP/Albion gone with low travelling fans, I can see how it would be good for the Angus clubs and less travelling for you. If Peterhead also come up it would like a "Highland" league supplemented by a "Central Belt" league. It certainly would mean more travelling for me but self interest is all I have.  Hope it does not go to last day at Broomfield.

If that happens it would mean bigger crowds for you, with all those derbies and with QP/Albion gone with low travelling fans, I can see how it would be good for the Angus clubs and less travelling for you. If Peterhead also come up it would like a "Highland" league supplemented by a "Central Belt" league. It certainly would mean more travelling for me but self interest is all I have.  Hope it does not go to last day at Broomfield.

Almost a regionalised League by accident. I am wracking my brains as to when all 4 Angus clubs were in the same league ?

12 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Almost a regionalised League by accident. I am wracking my brains as to when all 4 Angus clubs were in the same league ?

Indeed and It could be a real challenge for all the teams. The last time I was at Montrose was maybe 20+ years ago. Archives might suggest all 4 have never been together after the end of the Two divisions were ended but maybe the three set up?  You could have Dumbarton/Airdrie/Alloa/East Fife/Stranraer and your 4 plus Peterhead!

Given our recent record  in derby games, it would not be a good for us.  Anyway, all still to play for for 3 of the 4 Angus clubs.

We've run Alloa pretty close in a couple of games this season, particularly the first away game, hopefully we can take something from this one.

I've a feeling a draw is on the cards this time around, hopefully League 1 safety with it.

We need to match Stranraers result against Ayr to confirm our place in playoffs. Think a point would probably be enough. Win would be better though to build some momentum. 

Taggart will be a big miss through suspension but Fleming back available again. 

Caledonian Bar any good these days? See the Plough has turned into more of an eatery- food was braw last time we were up but probably looking for more of a pub.

12 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

I would rather be travelling to Elgin-Annan-Berwick-Edinburgh-possibly Cove......yes the derbies would be good for the Angus FAFC supporters but i don't enjoy any of them for an away day! 

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

I would rather be travelling to Elgin-Annan-Berwick-Edinburgh-possibly Cove......yes the derbies would be good for the Angus FAFC supporters but i don't enjoy any of them for an away day! 

I'm sure the club would rather not travel to all the erts, never mind the players. On the pennies side, it would probably be more income at home games and certainly less for travel costs. 

Know what you mean though, I enjoy an 'away' away game, though don't tend to go if it's pissing down. No fun riding in the liquid sunshine, especially at night on the way home in winter. 

All this talk of an Angus League, there is only 1 Angus club guaranteed in this league next season at the moment....hod her horses ffs.

I forgot horses still hadn't been replaced by the automobile in Brechin.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

All this talk of an Angus League, there is only 1 Angus club guaranteed in this league next season at the moment....hod her horses ffs.

We can but dream ............

14 hours ago, tbsouth said:

You've been predicting relegation all season, now it turns out it wasn't a prediction but a desire.....

6 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

You've been predicting relegation all season, now it turns out it wasn't a prediction but a desire.....

Spot on.....i am a bit like the last 2 seasons in that i am underwhelmed by it all#BRINGBACKGARY :lol:

Spot on.....i am a bit like the last 2 seasons in that i am underwhelmed by it all#BRINGBACKGARY [emoji38]
Underwhelmed by a season where we ran riot for a large majority of it?
The same season we were scoring freely for a chunk of it and at the top of the league for 34 of the 36 weeks?
The same season that during the playoffs we scored 13 and conceded 6 over 4 games?

Michty me.

Unlucky not to get a point today, I felt we were worthy of a draw. I hope Matty Aitken is OK, I assume the ambulance was for him. 

I have to say Alloa are a decent side but  without doubt the dirtiest I've seen this season. If I was an Alloa fan I'd be embarrased  by the players and especially the red card, how that player could protest against it defies belief.

Archived