Inverness vs Dumbarton - 14.04.2018

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cif73 said:

I'm getting the general vibe that you're a glass half empty kinda guy ;)

I’ve got a raging hard on for our form as much as the next ICT fan. But these players aren’t robots. They’re bound to burn out before we play Morton. 

30 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

If all goes well though, we’ll be going into the midweek against a Livi side resting a few players after they inevitably steamroll Brechin next weekend. 

Not a chance at the moment. We need 5 points for 2nd so a win against Brechin then Inverness means we can rest players in the final game.

Burt looked excellent when he came on - surprised he was on the bench compared to some of the dross that started.

Night and day between the Dumbarton performances in the last few weeks. No fight or ability shown today, whereas ICT stepped up their efforts despite missing the likes of Tremarco and Donaldson. 

No team has won five in a row in this league this season; if we beat Dumbarton on Tuesday that would be our fifth win in a row. We need to double the current best winning streak to get into the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, RossP said:

Burt looked excellent when he came on - surprised he was on the bench compared to some of the dross that started.

Plz tweet to https://twitter.com/stevie_aitken?lang=en

Burt has started one game for us, during which he created plenty, looked excellent and was then hooked. Since then he's been glued to the bench, whilst Stevie hands starts to any Tom (Walsh), Danny (Handling) or Kevin (Nisbet) who just happen to be cutting about. I've absolutely no idea why he seems intent on keeping him on the bench, and I'd be surprised if he gets a start on Tuesday night, despite being the only guy to come out of today (in DFC colours) with any credit.

9 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

Why are you slagging off the manager who has kept us in this league for 3 seasons against all odds easy to criticise not easy to achieve. Cmon the sons

Because he’s on course to take you out of this league perhaps?

7 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

Why are you slagging off the manager who has kept us in this league for 3 seasons against all odds easy to criticise not easy to achieve. Cmon the sons

I’ll critise Aitken if I believe he is worthy of critisicm, regardless of his past achievements. He’s a big boy. His team selection at the moment deserves to be scrutinised as we are not performing and some players who are under par continue to start.

It is easy to criticise yes. That criticism is fair though when your able to back it up with fact based opinion and offer potential alternatives.

10 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

* Two seasons, lets not tempt fate about the playoffs!

Slagging would suggest "Stevie's rubbish he should go, dreadful manager, terrible, boo."

Questioning his decision making is what football fans do. Could we do a better job? Heck no. Would my starting lineup look different? Absolutely, and I think many people on here would agree with starting Burt ahead of Handling (for example).

Will Stevie be bothered what I think? I hope not.

It’s easy to criticise but being the manager of a part time club in this division must be a thankless task For most fans the target realistically getting to a play off at least. important we keep the confidence of the team going till the play offs. The players and management still to be totally up for it and that is all we can ask. Remember the Fallon and Mcgivern years

7 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

It’s easy to criticise but being the manager of a part time club in this division must be a thankless task For most fans the target realistically getting to a play off at least. important we keep the confidence of the team going till the play offs. The players and management still to be totally up for it and that is all we can ask. Remember the Fallon and Mcgivern years

His thankless task would be made far easier by not selecting utter jobbers in the starting 11 every week, whilst leaving our best players on the bench.

Other than the Dundee Utd game no one has proved they are up for anything tbqhwy.

The Fallon and McGivern years are completely irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

I can assure I am not stevie aitken just trying to support the team I have followed for 45 years and seen us in a lot worse situations on the park than this.

That in itself is perhaps the most frustrating thing at the moment. We have some decent options at our disposal in this squad but their minutes are inexplicably limited. Meanwhile, to the surprise of no-one, another hopeful punt squirms out of Calum Gallagher's anguished reach...

I have never really criticised Stevie but you have to question a selection which leaves Stewart, Froxilias, Walsh and Burt on the bench but hands starts to  Nisbet and Handling. It's surely now about setting up our attacking options for the play offs rather than (completely unsuccessful) damage limitation?

OK Stevie coming in for a bit of criticism but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So  far Stevie has managed 132 games all at championship level and has a 26 per cent winning ratio whereas Ian Murray has a 38 per cent winning ratio from 108 games again all at championship level.

Jim Chapman who also made some strange team choices got 35 per cent from 113 games at lower levels whilst Paul Murray who liked to play defensively with ten back scored  a miserly 18 per cent from 67 games.

I am still trying to forget Jim Fallons 4 per cent from 50 games Whilst Peter McGown was easily the best with 50 per cent from 216 games in the fifties.

Archived