Div 2 title race 2017/18

Gartcairn Army

2nd division title race is going down to the wire with what looks like 3 teams going for the title and St Ants still in with a shout for promotion.

Gartcairn, Royal Albert and Bellshill have all been in great form this year and the final 4 or 5 games are going to be very interesting.

Id love someone to explain to me why these 4 or 5 games are being crammed into the next few weeks and teams are being made to play midweek when the season is supposed to go on till end of May. The winner will have 4 weeks off before playing in the Evening Times Cup so i am lead to believe also.

Don't understand why you have got the fixtures you have got doesn't seem to make sense.

As you say 4 teams for three promotion places, we play the Ants on Saturday, I know that a big game will be Bellshill V Gartacairn at the end of the month.

We are still getting used to being at this end of the league for a change, better problem than your season being over in November.

Good Luck to all three teams

1 hour ago, Mr.Albert said:

Don't understand why you have got the fixtures you have got doesn't seem to make sense.

As you say 4 teams for three promotion places, we play the Ants on Saturday, I know that a big game will be Bellshill V Gartacairn at the end of the month.

We are still getting used to being at this end of the league for a change, better problem than your season being over in November.

Good Luck to all three teams

Fixtures don't make sense at all, after 3 homes games in a row we now have 5 away. Midweek madness begins in earnest. going to be an interesting run in for the 4 teams at the top. Best fo luck to us all

The Ants can still get to 43pts.

So if the teams above drop points then they are still in with a shout, Mathematically Johnstone Burgh can still get to 42pts as they have 9 games to play.

If the Albert and Gartcairn win on Saturday they will be promoted , Bellshill and the Ants will fight  for the third promotion spot, Bellshill must be slight favourites as they have a game in hand and are three points in front of the Ants.

For all four teams its just about winning games.

All three teams can still win the league but Gartcairn are favourites to win the league as they have a game in hand and a superior goal difference but their game against Bellshill on the 28th may be a league decider.

Still a lot of football to be played . Unfortunately one of the four teams are going to be disappointed.

11 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Delighted the fixtures have been changed a little so we don't play 4 games in 7 days

I'll bet Bellshill, who have played more league games than you, could say the same.  Playing Newmains on the Monday night of the week that you play each other seems unnecessary when you both have a cup tie on the Wednesday.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:56, Gartcairn Army said:

Yes mate but if st Ants win there last couple and other points are dropped then I'm sure the Ants can be promoted. 

Technically so can Vale of Clyde and Johnstone, both can get to 42 or 43 points. Would be unlikely based on their form so far but they are still in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived