Morton v Queens - 14/04/2018

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that there is even the most remote chance of this happening I would like to see us try something completely novel and set up with an ultra attacking line up :-

Leighfield

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie

Todd Jacobs Thomas Marshall

Thomson

Dykes Dobbie

Come on GN show us that you have a bit of imagination and try find a formula that can give us some future optimism.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not that there is even the most remote chance of this happening I would like to see us try something completely novel and set up with an ultra attacking line up :-

Leighfield

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie

Todd Jacobs Thomas Marshall

Thomson

Dykes Dobbie

Come on GN show us that you have a bit of imagination and try find a formula that can give us some future optimism.

Todd has shown zero interest in tracking back in the games I have seen him in, so I don't think wing-back is a suitable role for him.  Also Thomas in central midfield?  I agree the formation could be worth a try though.  It worked well against Thistle in the cup game and then I don't think we saw it again.  If we were to line up that way I'd go with:

Leighfield

Fordyce Brownlie Cameron

Rooney Jacobs Thomson Marshall

Dykes

Lyle Dobbie

With nothing left to play for Lyle should be given every chance possible to get the goals he needs to be our second highest all-time goalscorer.

If Duffy plays our strongest team available then there's no reason why we shouldn't win -

Brennan

Doyle. Oware.  Lamie.  Iredale

Tiffoney Harkins Murdoch Ross

Oliver Baird

He won't though so an away win it is.

Todd has shown zero interest in tracking back in the games I have seen him in, so I don't think wing-back is a suitable role for him.  Also Thomas in central midfield?  I agree the formation could be worth a try though.  It worked well against Thistle in the cup game and then I don't think we saw it again.  If we were to line up that way I'd go with:
Leighfield
Fordyce Brownlie Cameron
Dykes
Lyle Dobbie
With nothing left to play for Lyle should be given every chance possible to get the goals he needs to be our second highest all-time goalscorer.

It is all of course academic but in the case of Dom Thomas - here is a guy who has great ability but whose career continues to spiral in the wrong direction. He is so predictable when played wide right. It would be an experiment but he has touch, vision and can pick a pass. He might well struggle there but we have packed our central midfield with out and out spoilers all season and it has been a horror show.

The problem with playing two full backs in the wide midfield roles is that you can quickly become a back 5 and that is the last thing we want. Danny might be a decent shout instead of Todd if he is anywhere near fit.

14 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

If Duffy plays our strongest team available then there's no reason why we shouldn't win -

Brennan

Doyle. Oware.  Lamie.  Iredale

Tiffoney Harkins Murdoch Ross

Oliver Baird

He won't though so an away win it is.

Did we hear what happened with Gaston? Guessing it’s a broken hand/finger?

9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Leighfield

Fordyce Brownlie Cameron

Dykes

Lyle Dobbie

I like this line up. 

When I saw that team I assumed it was Russell left mid, Tiffoney right mid with Baird and McHugh up front. I'd have my issues with that, but I'd certainly prefer it to whatever the f**k this is supposed to be.

When I saw that team I assumed it was Russell left mid, Tiffoney right mid with Baird and McHugh up front. I'd have my issues with that, but I'd certainly prefer it to whatever the f**k this is supposed to be.

I had a Tiff Baird McHugh front three, with Harkins Murdoch and Russell midfield from that lineup. Good old 4-3-3 which has served us so well. Couldn’t make it today due to work commitments, how bad is it?

433 with the very successful and totally not useless striker combo of Baird and McHugh up front. Naturally, we've not tested the opposition goalkeeper. Russell at centre mid is a masterstroke as well.

This is murder. Totally toothless team with some baffling tactical choices in a game we must win.

Archived