Morton v Queens - 14/04/2018

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downed tools is unfortunately appropriate. I just want end of season to come and we try again next year. 

As for the match 3-1 Morton. No doubt are main threat will be "the great one" but the defensive frailties across the back four, should easily give Morton the win.  I think we have conceded 26 from crosses which is nearly half of all our goals conceded this season. 

Guest Flash

Our laughable “defence” has conceded 18 goals in under a month. And this was when they were supposedly trying to get into the top 4. That is more than half Morton’s tally for the league campaign to date. I think Morton have conceded 18 since December 9th. 

Good opportunity for Morton to increase their goal difference advantage over Dundee U before they get a chance to claw some of it back  when they beat us next week. If Morton keep playing once they are a couple ahead, this could be anything.

Our play off challenge will certainly end on Saturday without a distinct improvement on last night's display; surely, surely even the slaphead will now place Thomson in the sea, which would be a start. 

This might require yet another goal with the last kick of the ball tbh. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have we ever possessed tools this season?

Yeah. You had Derek Lyle till recently.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Thomson been gutter for Morton? A player I always thought was pretty meh but seemed to do well at Dumbarton. Diving wee w**k as well.

Harsh. He's actually pretty tall.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Thomson been gutter for Morton? A player I always thought was pretty meh but seemed to do well at Dumbarton. Diving wee w**k as well.

Last night summed him up when a decent looking counter attack came to an end when he was caught offside by  4/5 yards despite being able to see the attack unfold behind him and being too lazy to get back behind the last defender. He then had the audacity to blame the player who passed the ball to him, suggesting that he must have known he was offside. He was hooked about 90 seconds after this.

If ever there was a meh game for us, this is it. Although we have a reasonable record up there, there's no way I can see us getting any kind of result.

Seasons over and only pride to play for.

I hope the performance is there from us. I'm not so bothered about the result but the team have got to show fight and commitment. Something that has maybe been lacking this season. Each of the games I attended this season there have been drops in concentration, there have been periods in the match where the fight and desire had gone from the players. 

From the management to the players these last few games need to show the fans that the fight and the fire and the commitment is there. The season is almost over for us. Last chance of home with next week, go out of a sort of high against brechin but first performance and maybe result against Morton.

Archived