Out of touch they will put us all out the game

kilwinkie

11 minutes ago, sweep said:

For the life of me why do Lugar have six games in fifteen days? They will be finished at home on 28/04/18. Eight Saturdays before the season finishes. They have got themselves into a challenging position for third place promotion or fourth place play off . I also see their rivals for third or fourth spot  Whitletts have only one midweek fixture.Yet have played the same amount of games

Need a league winner for the Evening Times Cup.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Need a league winner for the Evening Times Cup.

Please read my post. Lugar will not be in the running for the league title. Why have some teams six fixtures in a fortnight and others who have played the same games only two or three? Does the winner for the evening times not apply to those teams

23 minutes ago, sweep said:

Please read my post. Lugar will not be in the running for the league title. Why have some teams six fixtures in a fortnight and others who have played the same games only two or three? Does the winner for the evening times not apply to those teams

My point really was there are not 8 saturdays left after 28/4 to finish the league season as the ETC is to be played in late May / early June.

That said, all the teams at the top (or likely to be) bar Maybole have anything from 4-11 games to play and you have to play 3 of them - Irvine Vics, Dalry and Craigmark.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

My point really was there are not 8 saturdays left after 28/4 to finish the league season as the ETC is to be played in late May / early June.

That said, all the teams at the top (or likely to be) bar Maybole have anything from 4-11 games to play and you have to play 3 of them - Irvine Vics, Dalry and Craigmark.

I will say it again why have some teams six games in fifteen days and others who have played the same amount of games only two or three?

Find it hard to believe that anyone would give Kello as many home games on the bounce especially after the weather we've had this year, that would be 8 home games in just over a month ending with 5 home games in two weeks. What makes it even more crazy is that Kello still have to play two of those teams away [Troon and Larkhall]. Surely anyone with any sense would realise that if the pitch is deemed playable for these games it will be wrecked by the end of them.

30118438_788235838034328_2083816657_n[1] (2).png

4 minutes ago, sweep said:

I will say it again why have some teams six games in fifteen days and others who have played the same amount of games only two or three?

It’s an absolute joke most of our players work until 6pm not to mention 4 home games in the space of a week some pro clubs grounds would struggle to cope with that 

24 minutes ago, sweep said:

Annbank : 4 games, 3 to play
Ardeer: 4 games, 4 to play (also have a West tie and an AWPC tie scheduled)
Winton: 2 games, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
Craigmark: 6 games, 1 to play
Dalry: 6 games, 5 to play
I Vics: 4 games, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
LBT: 6 games, 2 to play
Maybole: 1 game, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
Muirkirk: 4 games, 5 to play
Saltcoats: 2 games, 3 to play
Whitletts: 3 games, 5 to play (also have a West tie scheduled)

You could make a case for Saltcoats and Muirkirk being given more, perhaps Whitletts but everyone else pretty much will have 2 league games left by start of May. Teams have to play someone though - take WV for example, they play 14/18/21 in league and also in cup on 28 leaving 23/25. Annbank play both  dates, Maybole being kept at 2 to go, Saltcoats play 23, Dalry play both dates... maybe there's a valid reason WV v SV isn't in for the 25th, the only date it could be... something else on at Dam Park?

For the life of me why do Lugar have six games in fifteen days? They will be finished at home on 28/04/18. Eight Saturdays before the season finishes. They have got themselves into a challenging position for third place promotion or fourth place play off . I also see their rivals for third or fourth spot  Whitletts have only one midweek fixture.Yet have played the same amount of games

Get your secretary to contact SR, seems to have worked for Talbot and Kilwinning getting their tie moved back to a Saturday

13 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Get your secretary to contact SR, seems to have worked for Talbot and Kilwinning getting their tie moved back to a Saturday

Contact the SJFA of which your a member , this is clearly against rule 1 of the West Region rules and rule 2 of the SJFA rules

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Annbank : 4 games, 3 to play
Ardeer: 4 games, 4 to play (also have a West tie and an AWPC tie scheduled)
Winton: 2 games, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
Craigmark: 6 games, 1 to play
Dalry: 6 games, 5 to play
I Vics: 4 games, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
LBT: 6 games, 2 to play
Maybole: 1 game, 2 to play (also have an AWPC tie scheduled)
Muirkirk: 4 games, 5 to play
Saltcoats: 2 games, 3 to play
Whitletts: 3 games, 5 to play (also have a West tie scheduled)

You could make a case for Saltcoats and Muirkirk being given more, perhaps Whitletts but everyone else pretty much will have 2 league games left by start of May. Teams have to play someone though - take WV for example, they play 14/18/21 in league and also in cup on 28 leaving 23/25. Annbank play both  dates, Maybole being kept at 2 to go, Saltcoats play 23, Dalry play both dates... maybe there's a valid reason WV v SV isn't in for the 25th, the only date it could be... something else on at Dam Park?

You have just made my case for Salts, Muir, Whitletts being given more games . Why are they not when Lugar and Craigmark are being hammered

54 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

No get the Lugar secretary to call SR and ask why Whitletts are getting preferential treatment

48 minutes ago, sweep said:

You have just made my case for Salts, Muir, Whitletts being given more games . Why are they not when Lugar and Craigmark are being hammered

I guess in case of Saltcoats and Muirkirk it'd be to do with who they have to play, in terms of their availability on those dates and how many games it would leave their opponents with? 

Saltcoats need to play Ardeer and Dalry. Dalry no dates. Ardeer no dates. WV is the only one they could do.

Muirkirk remaining unscheduled games: Ardeer and Dalry - see above. Maybole they could play on 21st. Annbank: no dates. Winton: They could play them on 21st.

As for Whitletts, because of their opponents remaining already having matches scheduled, they can only play two matches - vs. Maybole on 21/4 and SV on 25/4 and I can only assume there is an issue with that date and venue? Or else it's down to SR. 

On the basis of these scheduled games, for the clubs you name I can only see space for the following games:

Muirkirk v Maybole or AWR on 21/4

Whitletts v Maybole on 23/4

Whitletts v Saltcoats on 25/4

There may be reasons why those teams cannot play on those dates, or again it could be down to an oversight (or a deliverate decision to stop Winton and Maybole playing too many games.

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I guess in case of Saltcoats and Muirkirk it'd be to do with who they have to play, in terms of their availability on those dates and how many games it would leave their opponents with? 

As for Whitletts, because of their opponents remaining already having matches scheduled, they can only play one match - vs. SV on 25/3 and I can only assume there is an issue with that date and venue? Or else it's down to SR. 

Why can they no play Maybole midweek?

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I've amended my post above with what possibilites there are. Don't have answers though!

It is absolutely unacceptable that some teams are getting hammered with games and others are not. when they have the same amount of games to play and teams are available

2 minutes ago, sweep said:

It is absolutely unacceptable that some teams are getting hammered with games and others are not. when they have the same amount of games to play and teams are available

I don't disagree but we do we know for sure they (or ground in case perhaps of WV)  are available?

Archived