I hope his time and his legacy will be marked in the proper manner this weekend. I'd like to suggest 60 seconds of obscenity in the 77th minute of every game in Scotland.

What a character. Memories to keep you warm. :(

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knew he'd been ill for some time, but always a shock when it actually happens.

Only ever met him the once, in the team's hotel in Austria at the 1995 Intertoto game against ASK Linz.

RIP and condolences to the family.

Will be a night reminiscing with the help of Youtube.

I started going to Thistle games in the late 80's.

The promotion season of 91-92 was just a fantastic experience  as a 16 year old in the shed, next to fence so we could hurl abuse and 2pence coins at the opposition fans. Great times.

Then after Save the Jags when the Messiah returned the same feeling was evoked. Here was someone who really cared about the club, I think that was evident throughout the team as well. It mattered.

A true Thistle legend.

Dreadful news! :(

Lambie probably saved the club. If we'd gone down to the fourth tier, it would have been very tough to survive.

But John turned it round - two successive promotions to the SPL, kept us up and got us to the semi against the EBT Govanites. What an amazing manager! 

Massive thanks for everything, John, RIP.

legend158.jpg&f=1

52 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Shut up you Tory bellend.

Now why, when everyone else is paying respects to John's footballing success and the great footballing stories you bring in a political angle and then lower yourself even further with awful abuse to a fellow poster? You are a disgrace to Thistle fans tonight.

I remember a very lengthy radio interview he did many many years ago that I heard almost by chance due to an unscheduled car journey - it was brilliant, he came across very well and he spoke with great passion, intelligence and, of course, humour.

He didn't have the best of times as Falkirk manager, these things happen, but that doesn't change the fact that he lived and breathed football and had more passion in his little finger for the game that most of today's over-paid, Beats wearing uber-arseholes ever will.

A sad day, RIP.

Archived