• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been off this a few weeks due to family stuff..

Absolutely devastating news ! 15 years ago when I was about 13 or 14 my granda got me to do the mascot thing at Firhill. Got to go up and meet John in his office etc.. he asked who my favourite player was and I said Scott McLean and he went “ That fucking lazy b*****d” lol.

He said if you if Any ambition to be a good player be like Jamie Dolan.

Got to do the warm up with the players before the game and sure enough Jamie Dolan spent ten - fifteen minutes kicking the ball about with me. 

Lambie was a great judge of character and a great character his self ! Il never forget  the love street promotion party.. 

Rip John x

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Absolutely massive game for a manager that had a massive impact on both clubs.

Brilliant send off for a great man.

#LambieDerby

I hope both clubs do something extraordinary for the great man. The programme should be special, a collector's item. Lambie Derby merchandise would be a bonus.

I'm suddenly reminded of the promotion match at Forthbank when Lambie was carried shoulder high by the players and both his shoes ended up in the stand.

Some great stories in here. I only chatted to him once, at Cowdenbeath away in the promotion season, he took the time to speak to anyone that wanted to, watched the game right in front of me in that old stand. Also shook his hand from the enclosure after we pumped Rangers 3-0. He needs a statue or a stand named after him. Release 77 pigeons before the Hamilton game too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived