Your club player of the year

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D'you know, I think he might well be in with a shout in all seriousness. 

I agree, joking aside, I’d have had him so far to f**k at the start of the season. But he’s turned it around for me, he’s definitely not the best defender, but he shows 100% every time he plays for us, which is a lot more than the rest of them. If someone had said at the start of the season I’d be happy to let go Peter Grant and want to keep Muirhead I’d have laughed at them.

Also he punched a *** in the balls.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

I agree, joking aside, I’d have had him so far to f**k at the start of the season. But he’s turned it around for me, he’s definitely not the best defender, but he shows 100% every time he plays for us, which is a lot more than the rest of them. If someone had said at the start of the season I’d be happy to let go Peter Grant and want to keep Muirhead I’d have laughed at them.

Also he punched a *** in the balls.

Exactly this. 

Although still think it will and should be McGhee. 

D'you know, I think he might well be in with a shout in all seriousness. 
His visible passion and general attitude would get him votes anyway, but the goals he has scored in the context of a shite season will probably get him even more.

Genuinely wouldnt be bothered if he got it for similar reasons to why Tom Taiwo gets my vote, despite him being an occasional bombscare.

That goal against Brechin was fucking outstanding.

On 11/04/2018 at 08:37, hoobahabba said:

Probably go for Halkett, with Lithgow not far behind.

Careful saying that too loud...Lithgow will probably be pleasuring himself with glee in the back of a Vauxhall Astra at the prospect of a Player of the Year award.

I don't think there has been one single player that has stood out. Joe Cardle at the start of the season was unplayable but fell away. Karl was on fire but he too fell away, although he has started to find some form again. I guess you could say Nicky Clark due to the goals he's scored, but I'll echo what others have said and go for Lee Ashcroft as he has been the most consistent and has chipped in with some goals, as well as being solid at the back. I don't think he's had a bad game for us this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2018 at 13:45, DAFC. said:

I'll echo what others have said and go for Lee Ashcroft as he has been the most consistent and has chipped in with some goals, as well as being solid at the back. I don't think he's had a bad game for us this season. 

Again, he might have been great generally but he was outside with the rest of your back four buying a ticket to get back in when Dobbie and Kane took him apart in December. It took him a couple of days to find his way out of Dobbie's pocket!

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Unsurprisingly, Morgan wins it.

Pretty easy shout. Had a great season. 3rd top scorer in the league and he isnt a striker. Best player for the Champions.  Halkett for leading Livi to a surprise 2nd and Dobbie for being the League's top scorerin a bottom half side deserved their nominations but Morgan was always going to get it.

4 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Alexander 

williamson 

halkett

oware

smith

vigurs

mcginn

cammy smith 

reilly 

morgan 

dobbie

Think Byrne/Pittman and Lithgow were harsh to be missed out. Lithgow's been our PotY this year for me

• 2 weeks later...

Defenders Halkett and Lithgow get the plaudits in the Livi team but Alexander gets my vote for some great saves which kept us in games and for doing a great job organising the defenders in front of him.

Archived