Your club player of the year

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coll Donaldson by a country mile. He was not supposed to be our saviour by those in the know. However he has proven himself and some. As said before, speed, passing from defence, and just sheer class. Thanks United.

Having seen a lot of Coll Donaldson when he was at Livvy I suggested that he would have been a great signing for Queens after being freed by United. Those that had seen him a couple of times at best blasted the suggestion with a barrage of "bombscare" type comments. Needless to say we made no effort to sign him but we certainly did recruit some "bombscares".

A talented guy who didn't get a move to QPR by accident.

4 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Having seen a lot of Coll Donaldson when he was at Livvy I suggested that he would have been a great signing for Queens after being freed by United. Those that had seen him a couple of times at best blasted the suggestion with a barrage of "bombscare" type comments. Needless to say we made no effort to sign him but we certainly did recruit some "bombscares".

A talented guy who didn't get a move to QPR by accident.

Saw him play for us many times, was absolutely shite. Was made to look good by the Jesus Garcia Tena (:wub:)

Close call between Lewis Morgan, Cammy Smith & Gavin Reilly for me, honourable mentions to Jack Baird, Craig Samson & our skipper.

Has to go to the man who scored 20 goals by January.

Shaun Byrne for me , been consistent all season for us. Hope we can get him signed up for next season. Works so hard of the ball and technically very good player. Craig Halkett and Lithgow have been excellent to. Rocks at the back 

Alan Lithgow, great season, good solid no nonsense defender, this guy has been super consistent and a massive factor in Livi's successes.

Halkett

Pittman

Alexander

The above three have ran him close in my opinion.

14 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Bilel Mohsni. Country mile.

Joking aside, if he plays as well in the next three games as he has to date, he will probably have had as many MotM performances as anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Joking aside, if he plays as well in the next three games as he has to date, he will probably have had as many MotM performances as anyone else.

Im being deadly serious. I cant think of a single player we've had who's been as influential. Maybe Fyvie but hes been put for ages and Mohsni has steadied the sinking ship.

Our best XI has changed so much throughout the season. None of our strikers have been consistently productive. Can’t be many (or any?) midfielders with more than 20 league starts.

So, for me, it has to be a defender. Have to echo the above consensus - Lee Ashcroft has been consistently good, for the course of the season.

Nobody else has been consistent, over the course of the full season. Williamson has had just as many awful games, as he’s had good games. Talbot was very average - Martin currently doing a much better job. Morris went through a couple of very rough patches. M’Voto and Robinson only been involved since January, so aren’t considered.

Did you seriously just mention Buzz in a player of the year thread? He’s been fucking w**k for vast majority of the season and a big part of the reason why we are in this mess with a ridiculous number of mistakes for such an experienced keeper.

I genuinely don’t think there’s anyone deserving of the award. Sinclair has looked good in spells but rarely plays for more than 65 minutes and Finn has been in and out of the team. Other than that...?! As much as I love Pabs he’s been part of a defence that’s leaked goals from basic set pieces all season.

Yes not for POY but his performance s have picked up in recent games .
You gotta remember with us constantly defending the defence and Buzz are under extreme pressure and bound to make mistakes eventually. I ve seen Buzz make a howler in games this season then make 5 or 6 great saves but unfortunately everyone remembers the howler

On 14/04/2018 at 20:53, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Gaston's improvements to his overall game this season have been terrific. He's gone from being a bit of a liability to a very good keeper at this level.

Good keeper. Never forgive him for clawing out Dobbie,s super shot at Palmy earlier on in the season though.

Did you seriously just mention Buzz in a player of the year thread? He’s been fucking w**k for vast majority of the season and a big part of the reason why we are in this mess with a ridiculous number of mistakes for such an experienced keeper.

I genuinely don’t think there’s anyone deserving of the award. Sinclair has looked good in spells but rarely plays for more than 65 minutes and Finn has been in and out of the team. Other than that...?! As much as I love Pabs he’s been part of a defence that’s leaked goals from basic set pieces all season.

Told ya Buzz was looking good again fantastic last night

Yes not for POY but his performance s have picked up in recent games .
You gotta remember with us constantly defending the defence and Buzz are under extreme pressure and bound to make mistakes eventually. I ve seen Buzz make a howler in games this season then make 5 or 6 great saves but unfortunately everyone remembers the howler

It wasn’t just the odd howler, he was becoming at fault/could do better for at least a goal a game for most of the season.

21 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

It wasn’t just the odd howler, he was becoming at fault/could do better for at least a goal a game for most of the season.

Law of averages more shots = more  saves,more likeliehood of a mistake.

Give him a break 

Archived