Your club player of the year

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy Jackson .  

That's a bit sarky !!
Paul McLean and Fusco for me by a mile.
But also guys like young Sparky who ve tried they re best and will only learn and improve .
Lynas would ve been up there but 2 shocking reds and a woeful passbook v Livvy I think ??? And he did same last week v Saints ( but Euan Smith bailed him out )
And finally Buzz who after missing a few weeks is more like his old self .Played really well last 3/ 4 games .

in 35 years of going to games this is the hardest year of picking a poty. if forced I'd plump for jakubiak who only arrived in January. it's strength on the ball quick feet and half a dozen goals or so have been worth paying to watch.

the best players I've seen at Falkirk this season have been opposition players and are Stephen dobbie and Gary Harkins by some distance.

Gary Harkins is the easy shout, and the right one.

Young POTY for me has to be Tiffoney, who has of course had his ups and downs, but on the whole looks a good prospect.

Also want to fight John Baird's corner (not for an award, just in general). He's had a bit of criticism and is difficult to watch, but has 6 goals for us since signing in February.

PS: Jack, Jack, Jack Iredale.

Cammy Smith hands down for me. Probably our most vital signing in the pre-season.

I expect Lewis Morgan will get most of the attention but he has blew hot and cold throughout the season where as Smith has been consistent.

Honourable mentions to McGinn, Davis (who steadied the ship when he slotted back in, we were leaking so many goals before December) and Eckersley who is always at least a solid 7/10 most games.

20 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Are Brechin selling tickets to their Player of the Year event? That sounds like a right laugh.

That’s not very nice.  I feel sorry for Brechin fans, they have taken their disappointing season  in their stride and acted with enormous dignity.

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

And to think he was accusing Saints fans of being condescending p***ks towards Brechin in our match day thread :lol:.

I'd say I was outright mocking their terrible season, rather than condescending.

The Brechin fans on here are good craic and I'm sure I'll get plenty of abuse if the Pars choke on Saturday.

That's a bit sarky !!
Paul McLean and Fusco for me by a mile.
But also guys like young Sparky who ve tried they re best and will only learn and improve .
Lynas would ve been up there but 2 shocking reds and a woeful passbook v Livvy I think ??? And he did same last week v Saints ( but Euan Smith bailed him out )
And finally Buzz who after missing a few weeks is more like his old self .Played really well last 3/ 4 games .

Did you seriously just mention Buzz in a player of the year thread? He’s been fucking w**k for vast majority of the season and a big part of the reason why we are in this mess with a ridiculous number of mistakes for such an experienced keeper.

I genuinely don’t think there’s anyone deserving of the award. Sinclair has looked good in spells but rarely plays for more than 65 minutes and Finn has been in and out of the team. Other than that...?! As much as I love Pabs he’s been part of a defence that’s leaked goals from basic set pieces all season.

7 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Did you seriously just mention Buzz in a player of the year thread? He’s been fucking w**k for vast majority of the season and a big part of the reason why we are in this mess with a ridiculous number of mistakes for such an experienced keeper.

I genuinely don’t think there’s anyone deserving of the award. Sinclair has looked good in spells but rarely plays for more than 65 minutes and Finn has been in and out of the team. Other than that...?! As much as I love Pabs he’s been part of a defence that’s leaked goals from basic set pieces all season.

I agree with all of this .  Fusco might just escape crticism but even he has had his moments. 

Tongue in cheek maybe , but that's why I put Jacko. 8)

GGH has been our best player this season despite a shaky start. Special mention to Lamie and Gaston as well. The latter has had some stick this season but he has produced some magnificent saves and his command of his box has improved.

Gary Harkins - the muppets on here slaughtered his signing. He's been easily our top performer. 

Derek Gaston - another who had been slaughtered by the muppets. Best keeper we've had in a long long time.

Archived