Cowdenbeath v Montrose

Another Cowden game for me and another defeat for the hosts ... 

To be fair, I don't think anyone can deny Montrose thoroughly deserved to win the match. 

I can't remember any Blue Brazilian having a good game, tbqh. I thought the normally solid and reliable McGurn - who fumbled for the second goal - almost summed up the night for Bollan and his men. Too many guys had an off-night while Montrose were on top-form. 

Don't get me wrong, the players tried and you can't fault them for effort, but, nothing seemed to come off for them. I thought Harvey Swann was probably the best player for Cowdenbeath on the night. 

For Montrose, that's the first time I've saw them this season and they were very good. A very strong spine with Fleming, Dillon, Masson and Tenpleman. Then you add in Bolochoweckyj and Redman, and you can see why the Mo are doing so well. I was very impressed with the full-backs, Steeves and - in particular - Ballantyne. 

Matty Allan also seemed assured on the ball and alongside Lewis Milne, ran the show. Allan done a lot of good ball winning and Milne played plenty forward passes and caused numerous issues defensively for the hosts. 

Martin Rennie was somewhat of an unknown quantity for me but he showed up really well. He took his goal well and could've had a couple more. He linked well with Templeman and Milne and showed good strength at times as well. I must give credit to the GableEndie supporters, too: they travelled in great numbers and sang from start to finish. I honestly hope they can enjoy the last 3 games and are rewarded come May. 

Overall, I think Montrose should win the league but anything can happen in these closing stages of a campaign. Its been a great term for Stewart Petrie and if he can lead the Links Park side to promotion, it'd be an unbelievable season for the club. 

While the relegation playoffs look certain now for Cowdenbeath, all hope can't be lost; a win away to Peterhead isn't unheard of - I remember Greig Spence scoring the winner just a couple of years ago, which also helped the Pars! Maybe Montrose will be the beneficiaries this time around! 

Post-Match Interviews with both managers will be available on my website soon. You can also read my Match Report, here.

All the Best to both sides in the final 3 matches of the seasom! :thumsup2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone can deny Montrose thoroughly deserved to win the match. 

I can't remember any Blue Brazilian having a good game, tbqh. I thought the normally solid and reliable McGurn - who fumbled for the second goal - almost summed up the night for Bollan and his men. Too many guys had an off-night while Montrose were on top-form. 

Don't get me wrong, the players tried and you can't fault them for effort, but, nothing seemed to come off for them. I thought Harvey Swann was probably the best player for Cowdenbeath on the night. 

For Montrose, that's the first time I've saw them this season and they were very good. A very strong spine with Fleming, Dillon, Masson and Tenpleman. Then you add in Bolochoweckyj and Redman, and you can see why the Mo are doing so well. I was very impressed with the full-backs, Steeves and - in particular - Ballantyne. 

Matty Allan also seemed assured on the ball and alongside Lewis Milne, ran the show. Allan done a lot of good ball winning and Milne played plenty forward passes and caused numerous issues defensively for the hosts. 

Martin Rennie was somewhat of an unknown quantity for me but he showed up really well. He took his goal well and could've had a couple more. He linked well with Templeman and Milne and showed good strength at times as well. I must give credit to the GableEndie supporters, too: they travelled in great numbers and sang from start to finish. I honestly hope they can enjoy the last 3 games and are rewarded come May. 

Overall, I think Montrose should win the league but anything can happen in these closing stages of a campaign. Its been a great term for Stewart Petrie and if he can lead the Links Park side to promotion, it'd be an unbelievable season for the club. 

While the relegation playoffs look certain now for Cowdenbeath, all hope can't be lost; a win away to Peterhead isn't unheard of - I remember Greig Spence scoring the winner just a couple of years ago, which also helped the Pars! Maybe Montrose will be the beneficiaries this time around! 

Post-Match Interviews with both managers will be available on my website soon. You can also read my Match Report, here.

Your a bloody jinx Jordan everytime you cover a game we seem to get beat:lol:

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

I admire the work you do but your going to have to stop coming to Central Park as every time you come we appear to play badly lol 

Appreciate the good wishes and hopefully if we are in the playoffs the Fife team supporters come out in their numbers again to wish Cowden well 

18 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Out of curiosity ... why did some of your support choose to stand in the pissing rain on the open terrace instead of taking the sensible and dry option of the stand? Felt sorry for the poor steward who had to stand out with them!

Because we are mental.. lol. It wasnt that wet to be honest. drizzle rain. Man up haha.

20 hours ago, PELE said:

We do have it in the middle, Swann. He is wasted in defence.

WHAT.. Really.. swanns tackling is about as good as mine. He has improved massively under bollan and his deliverys aint too bad but needs to improve. As CC says when attacking coming from deep he is far better whereas receiving the ball playing as a left mid he would usually have someone tighter to him thus more difficult for him to get away or make things happen.

He is most certainly not a central midfield player. You love an attacking side I will give you that Pele

Archived